Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 329330331332333 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2015 at 02:11
Originally posted by Todd Todd wrote:

Back in February Andrea posted on his blog a band called Bornidol. I just got their new album, and if you like blazing Hammond heavy with soaring synths, you've got to get this!

Todd, how funny you mention this! I just got the CD the other day, and despite there being quite a heavy-prog sound, I think we should consider adding them under RPI? Do you think there's enough in their that falls in our yard? In my opinion there is plenty, and I actually thought little parts of it even sounded like a heavier version of Unreal City?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2015 at 02:15
Random Italian Prog album of the day:

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=1033

OSANNA - Suddance.

In my opinion, a very well played album, but there's not really a truly thrilling moment on the whole disc. They seemed to move in a very competent yet uninspired fusion direction, and sadly the sax frequently drifts far too close to easy listening, all a bit smooth. Aparet from that issue, there's not really a single part of the album that leaps out at the listener with excitement. A thoroughly decent if unspectacular album for me. Thoughts, Denizens?
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2015 at 03:46
Never heard that one actually
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2015 at 07:17
Suddance is one of my recent purchases. I jot down notes when I'm listening to something new and
I wrote this after the first listen:
"Very good piano/synthesizer - good acoustic/electric guitar - Italian vocals - jazz rock influence"'
A bit sketchy I'll admit but I try to listen to a new purchase at least three times before filing it into stock.
I will absorb more after a couple of more listens.
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2015 at 07:25
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Back in February Andrea posted on his blog a band called Bornidol. I just got their new album, and if you like blazing Hammond heavy with soaring synths, you've got to get this!

Todd, how funny you mention this! I just got the CD the other day, and despite there being quite a heavy-prog sound, I think we should consider adding them under RPI? Do you think there's enough in their that falls in our yard? In my opinion there is plenty, and I actually thought little parts of it even sounded like a heavier version of Unreal City?

Yes!
"I have seen the broken sky turn blue."

My Gnosis Ratings

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2015 at 07:32

Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Yes!

OK, confused now! Yes you think they'd be a good fit for RPI? or yes they sound a little like a heavier version of Unreal City in parts?!

If you think they're a yes for RPI, I could seriously just launch right into doing the add for them, Todd?! I'll have The Badge one ready to go soon, so I could easily jump on Bornidol as well?

Edited by Aussie-Byrd-Brother - May 01 2015 at 07:32
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2015 at 08:03
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

I stopped to count after 40 ... Big smile. Many are missing, of course. 

Banco del mutuo soccorso - s/t. (the following two as well)

PFM  - L'Isola Di Niente (Per Un Amico as well)

Delirium  - Delirium III

Le Orme  - Contrapunti (Uoma di pezza as well)

Quella Vecchia Locanda - Il Tempo Della Goia

Samadhi - Same

Cervello - Melos

Blocco Mentale -. Poa

Stefano Testa - Una Vita, Una Balena Bianca E Altre Cose

Toto Torquati - Gli Occhi Di Un Bambino

Lucio Battisti - Anima Latina
Latte e Miele - Passio Secundum Mattheum (and Papillon)
Alusa Fallax - Intorno Alla Mia Cattiva Educazione
Luciano Basso - Voci
Daedelus - s/t

Jacula - Tardo pede in magiam versus
Il Rovescio della Medaglia - Contaminazione
Campo di Marte - s/t
Bilglietto per L'inferno - s/t
Il Paese dei Balocchi -s/t

Il Balleto Di Bronzo – Ys

Franco Battiato – Fetus

Alphataurus – s/t

Apoteosi – s/t

Luciano Cilio – Dialoghi del presente

I Giganti – Terra in bocca

Officina Meccanica- La follia del minodi fuoco

Buon Vecchio Charlie – s/t

Celeste – s/t

Picchio Dal Pozzo – s/t (Camere Zimmer Rooms as well)

Jet – Fede speranza carita

L’Uovo di Colombo – s/t

Architrave Indipendente – Azetium a otto piste

Paolo angeli – Nita, l’angelo sultrapezio

Alegri Leprotti – Au zulo

Art Fleury – I luoghi del potere

Area – Arbeit Macht Frei

Barabba – Canti del vangelo secondo

Riccardo Foggli – Matteo

Franco Maria Giannini – Affresco

Duello Madre – s/t

Il Volo – Essere o non essere

I Pooh – Un po del nostro tempo migliore

Osanna – Palepoli

Pierrot Lunaire – Gudrun

Opus Avantra – Lord Cromwell

Ensemble Havadia – 81-82

Angelo Branduardi  - s/t

Canzioniere Del Lazio – Morra

Cincinnato – s/t

Rocky’s filj – Storia Di uomini e non

Fiaba – Procession

Raccomandata Ricevuta Rittorno – s/t

Semiramis- Dedicato a frazz

Sensations ’ Fix – Portable Madness

Showmen 2 – s/t

Alan Sorrenti – Come un vecchio …

Stormy Six – L’Apprendista

Museo Rosenbach - St

Triade – 1998 la storia di sabazio

Ping Pong – s/t

Mauro Pelosi- Al mercato degli …

Persimfans – Quinta Dimensione

Jumbo – Vietato al minori di 18 anni ?

Roberto Colombo : Svogatevi bestie

Festa Mobile – Diario di viaggio della festa mobile

La Compagnia digitale – s/t

Arti & Mestieri – Tilt

Goblin – Profondo Rosso

Hunka Munka – Dedicato a Giovanna G

Embarrassed I just remembered our conversation from the last time I was in here, and it seems like the den has been on a roll ever since (took me quite a bit of backtracking to findLOL).
Anyway, that was very cool Pierre. I like the fact that your tastes are so eclectic, and of course that you've included a lot of my own faves as wellBig smile
Also a few surprises like fx that you prefer Fetus over the subsequent Battiato albums and that you picked the sophomore release from the human bird Alan Sorrenti.
Great list my friend and thanks for sharingClap

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2015 at 09:34

^^ Ah thanks, I misread the post as Maschera di Cera, and so the searches wouldn't have worked! 

Sounds great! I really love Anamorfosi and L'Alveare. Does anyone know if L'Alveare was ever released on CD?

Those two bands are always confused, I think I never posted about Le Machere di Clara anywhere
without someone saying "Oh I thought you ment..."

L'Alveare was only released as a Download and very limited Vinyl....

Edited by TheH - May 01 2015 at 09:35
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2015 at 10:12
It looks like we will see some releases from Black Widow Records in the next weeks (love that lable)
The comeback Album by 70s Hard Prog band SPETTRI - 2973 La Nemica dei Ricordi is already announced

According to Delirum (IPG) their new Album will also be out in early May (not confirmed by the lable yet)

There might be one or two more...

Also Nuova Era seems to be on the finishing line of their new Album...

Barocknroll View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barocknroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2015 at 11:33
Originally posted by TheH TheH wrote:

Some news:

Goblin "Four Of A Kind" CD out today!

Biglietto per l'Inferno have droped the .Folk part of their name again and there will be a new Album
called “Vivi, lotta, pensa” in May on AMS Records (BTF).

The Album by "Goblin Rebirth" will be released at the end of June

Also in June the new Albums by "Cherry Five" and "Arti e Mestieri"

Sophya Baccini will guest on the new Osanna Album again..

Michele Bavaro original singer of Alphataurus joined the band again for some live Dates..

Camelias Garden will have an EP out in May called "Kites!"

Le Maschere di Clara started a campaign for their new Album The Elephant Man

http://www.musicraiser.com/…/3277-th...l-nuovo…

There is also a new EP (4 Tracks) called "Lynch" (out)

New Album by Old Rock City Orchestra - Back to Earth out today

Hey, let me add, fresh out of the Italian magic prog/rock oven: BAROCK PROJECT 4th album "SKYLINE" release date June, featuring Vittorio De Scalzi of New Trolls and cover artist Paul Whitehead
(sneak preview)

TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2015 at 11:36
^^

I've just joined the campaign a few hours ago  Smile
Barocknroll View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barocknroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2015 at 09:35
Originally posted by TheH TheH wrote:

^^

I've just joined the campaign a few hours ago  Smile

BIG THANK YOU (grazie) from the guys!
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2015 at 10:10
David, Battiato's Fetus is for me the italian Bowie's Hunky Dory. That Sorrenti's album was the first RPI album I bought. I know, I've started with the longest and the most difficult song of all the genre. But after that, I was ready for everything. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYNHgEch9L8
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2015 at 07:08
Anyone here is into this outstanding album?

I can't recall this bad boy being discussed...
Salis third and final album is so different than those pop albums they've released in the first half of the 70's. This largely instrumental album is a great mix of RPI and some furious fusion playing, it is one hell of an album and hugely recommended to any fan visiting this side of prog. Do not miss on this!

It actually doesnt really matter which song you're listening to, they are all equally good Big smile

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2015 at 07:33
A great one, Sag. Love the guitar. Easy to find nowadays. I paid mine a fortune Wacko
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2015 at 07:43
Yeah, did this get a CD reissue recently? I seem to think I saw it appear on a recent newsletter update from Greg Walker in the last few months, but I wasn't sure whether to get it or not?
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2015 at 07:46
Fantastic album Sagi, thanks for sharing Clap
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2015 at 07:47
Last one is 2009.
http://www.discogs.com/Salis-Dopo-Il-Buio-La-Luce/release/6958092

Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2015 at 07:59
I'm glad you like it Sam!

And yes Michael like Pierre said it was reissued again, get it if it's available with Greg, you won't be disappointed Thumbs Up
You can thank me later LOL
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2015 at 08:03
^ Salis is a new one to me.  I see it available on Amazon.  Thanks Sagi!

I finally got Cherry Five over the weekend, as usual I had put it off for too long Disapprove.  It is a very energetic fun album (even with English vocals), very much Yes influenced and enjoying it never the less!  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 329330331332333 358>