Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 337338339340341 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2015 at 10:23
^^

The OM is a Vinyl gatefold reissue by BTF -  AMS

I would die for reissues of these ones: Gramigna, Orchestra Njervudarov, Canzoniere Del Lazio (Morra)
in any (physical) form.  (also for some other Canzoniere Del Lazio Albums).

In the case of Orchestra Njervudarov it's absolutley hopless as it belongs to Sony, and Sony
never licences anything to others, and prefer to let their stuff rot. 

I even heared once that they weren't even aware they ever released that Album and that it
doesn't appear in any of their catalogues.
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2015 at 11:06
It does not surprise me from Sony. I bought a turntable recently because I could not find what I really wanted to listen to. What drives me mad is that all these rare albums are available on the net, but their price is a shame. Angry
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2015 at 10:36
Not often do I have "the big scoop" anymore, but I have one today!

I'm in possession of the new master for Stefano Testa's upcoming album.  This is not another songs-based album like he did last time.  This is a full blow RPI feast, a 9-part suite that in my opinion sounds every bit as good as his 1977 "Una Vita Una Balena Bianca e Altre Cose".   It may even surpass it.  Very ambitious and full of wonder it is!  The composition is a mixture of material written in the 1970s with that of today.  Stefano has worked tirelessly to pull off something special and says the work was approached almost like a film in his mind.  It has sections that sound very modern, sections that sound pastoral 1970s, bits of symphonic, folk, and various sound effects and vocal styles.  Flutist Marco Coppi from the Una Vita album rejoins him again. 

At the moment he is working on finding a home for the new album.  My hope is that this album finds its way to BTF/AMS so that it gets a mini-LP papersleeve release.  This is a work that deserves it!  Stay tuned for more info as I get it. 

Congratulations Stefano, I feel honored to be sitting here among the first hearing this.  Heart

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2015 at 11:08
Thumbs Up I heard a song the other day on Andrea's blog. This was excellent. If BTF misses this, I strangle their boss with my little wings.   
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2015 at 06:15
Please keep us updated on that, Jim!

H, no chance you've snapped up this title by a band called The Mobius Project, currently down to a few CD copies left through their Bandcamp page:

https://mobiusproject.bandcamp.com/releases

Highly recommended, with a superb variety of vocals (just try to ingore that they use English in one or two short spots! )

A very exotic and worldly RPI album! I'll be adding the group and their album to the Archives in the next day or so.
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2015 at 09:33
^^

haha, of course I did. Have it for some time now.

A brilliant little Album, I wish it would have been longer.

They show quiet some talent and very different styles in it's short time span.
Very good vocals too. I hope for more soon (they are working on new material) 

Edited by TheH - September 12 2015 at 09:33
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2015 at 03:06
Aussie, I like your review for Möbius Project.

According to my coresspondence with the band I bought the album in october 2014 form the band direct.
So it ain't a 2015 release.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2015 at 03:19
Thanks, H, yes I looked at that too! From what I can tell, I think the CD became available on that 2015 date that is mentioned on their Bandcamp page, but perhaps the download was available earlier?

I've contacted the band to verify the detail, might have to do an edit later on!
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2015 at 03:52
^^

The band simply did sell the CD via EMail provided on their Website (or Facebook) in 2014.

I bought the CD in Oct. 2014 this way, they weren't on bandcamp at that time.
(I never buy Downloads if there is a physical medium)

Edited by TheH - September 14 2015 at 03:54
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2015 at 03:55
Brillaint, mate, thanks for the information, I'll fix it up now!

Yep, I'm always after the physical items myself too!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2015 at 15:32

One of my key albums sung in italian is brazilian Wacko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb9aBklJ5Oo

progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2015 at 21:05
A late bloomer I am I now, but I just had to say to all you fine gentlemen that reside here in the RPI den, that LOGOS's : l'ENIGMA DELLA VITA is one amazing album. I am as moved by this one as the 2013 release of Unreal City's La CRUDELTA Di Aprile. :)

Thanks you to the many of you here that wrote reviews for it. I enjoyed reading all of them.
The album is brilliantly recorded as well. Couldn't get over the SOund quality. It's damn near perfect.
Anyhow, there aren't too many 75+ min albums that can make you feel alert and still wanting more.
It's brilliant

Prego fellas!!
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
GKR View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GKR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2015 at 22:40
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

One of my key albums sung in italian is brazilian Wacko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb9aBklJ5Oo

Mein gott, Chico Buarque is everywere!
- From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2015 at 21:25
Lapera are now on the Prog Archives, we added them here: http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=9524

Anyone else end up quite enjoying that album for what it is?

Despite not being a massive progressive rock album, there's still plenty of lovely and ambitious orchestration and variety throughout the album. Definitely worth a listen.
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2015 at 10:33
Have not checked this out yet.... the album cover keeps scaring me away LOL.

Will need to give it a try.
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2015 at 15:42
^  I checked it out and it does have some very nice orchestration.
I'm not sure about ordering it though because every time I took it off the shelf 
to play it I would have to look at the cover.  Embarrassed

BTW...Are they wearing tights or is that body paint? I'm not sure I want to know.  Confused
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2015 at 15:50
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2015 at 21:39
Originally posted by TeleStrat TeleStrat wrote:

^  I checked it out and it does have some very nice orchestration.
I'm not sure about ordering it though because every time I took it off the shelf 
to play it I would have to look at the cover.  Embarrassed

BTW...Are they wearing tights or is that body paint? I'm not sure I want to know.  Confused

Gary, be thankful that the reissue is only on CD and not vinyl! The horror is smaller then!

And yeah...I'm 99% sure it's body paint, not tights!   

Pierre, I don't think they were gay, they're brothers! Must have been a VERY close family that one!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2015 at 01:12
Yes, very close bro Wink
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2015 at 02:56
Once I slept with a goose, a wild goose. Her name was Richard Burton. Big smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 337338339340341 358>