Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 338339340341342 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2015 at 03:01
^^ You're right, it could have been reissued on vinyl in a gate fold cover with complimentary poster.

Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2015 at 22:50
Originally posted by TeleStrat TeleStrat wrote:

^^ You're right, it could have been reissued on vinyl in a gate fold cover with complimentary poster.

Has anyone else bought the latest Biglietto per L’Inferno album `Vivi. Lotta. Pensa’ yet? Could very well be one of the RPI discs of the year!

Not only is the album full of so much exotic instrumentation, complex arrangments and schizophrenic direction changes, but the modern version of the band have a female singer that COMPLETELY does exactly what the best male RPI singers achieve – theatrical, energetic and very likely a little bit mad! Easily the best lead vocal to appear on any prog album this year!

Sagi, I assume you might be getting onto this eventually, I remember you always raved about the Biglietto per L’Inferno Folk album from some years ago, and this seems to have the exact same line-up, just that they’ve dropped the `Folk’ part on the end.

Edited by Aussie-Byrd-Brother - September 22 2015 at 22:51
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2015 at 00:18
I agree Mike, but even if it is rock, it is pure Italian Popular Folk music. This is almost a tarantella's album ! 
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2015 at 01:23
^^ I did pick that one up recently but haven't gotten into it yet.  Embarrassed
It's going on tomorrow's play list for sure.
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2015 at 03:54
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Has anyone else bought the latest Biglietto per L’Inferno album `Vivi. Lotta. Pensa’ yet? Could very well be one of the RPI discs of the year!

Not only is the album full of so much exotic instrumentation, complex arrangments and schizophrenic direction changes, but the modern version of the band have a female singer that COMPLETELY does exactly what the best male RPI singers achieve – theatrical, energetic and very likely a little bit mad! Easily the best lead vocal to appear on any prog album this year!

Sagi, I assume you might be getting onto this eventually, I remember you always raved about the Biglietto per L’Inferno Folk album from some years ago, and this seems to have the exact same line-up, just that they’ve dropped the `Folk’ part on the end.
Michael I've got this album a few months ago, and like I suspected it didn't disappoint. I don't know why they dropped the .folk in their title because both albums are pretty much the same...nevermind anyway. 

After the previous album this was an autobuy for me. Except for the excellent material, ideas and of course playing the album just sounds so lively, the instrumentation is beautiful and it is something I wasn't sure would remain from their previous work, I'm so glad they are still going on this road, because I'm a sucker for albums that sound like this!

As good as the album is if I would have to choose between the two, I would go for Tra L´assurdo E La Ragione, I think it's a better album. So if you've enjoyed this one you're really gonna love the .folk, don't pass the opportunity to get it Approve
Rando View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2015 at 20:34

I just got my copy of PFM's "Stati di Immaginazione" (2006) via Amazon -
I'm sure someone else has already posted this album but wasn't about to go through all theses pages - Nevertheless, I didn't know what to expect after all these years from this great band and I l wasn't disappointed-

I've  listened to it twice and so far I can only describe it as delightful and vividly fresh - I could also hear a more refined level of musicianship if that is possible, or maybe what I'm trying to say is a maturity proving these guys had not lost nothing with time - Mussida's guitar is as always mind-boggling and beyond! The group is as always is a tightly-knit unit but never at the expense of creative expression and passion in their music - I know I'm going to discover more great things with every listen and that's why I love this band.

Smile

- Music is Life, that's why our hearts have beats -
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2015 at 17:41
R.I.P. Rodolfo Maltese Cry
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2015 at 18:02
Originally posted by Rando Rando wrote:

I just got my copy of PFM's "Stati di Immaginazione" (2006) via Amazon -
I'm sure someone else has already posted this album but wasn't about to go through all theses pages - Nevertheless, I didn't know what to expect after all these years from this great band and I l wasn't disappointed-

I've  listened to it twice and so far I can only describe it as delightful and vividly fresh - I could also hear a more refined level of musicianship if that is possible, or maybe what I'm trying to say is a maturity proving these guys had not lost nothing with time - Mussida's guitar is as always mind-boggling and beyond! The group is as always is a tightly-knit unit but never at the expense of creative expression and passion in their music - I know I'm going to discover more great things with every listen and that's why I love this band.

Smile

Did you get the companion DVD with it?  I remember that being very cool although its been a long time since I've watched it. 

Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2015 at 15:15
Whose heading to Perugia soon?

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2015 at 03:57

Francesco De Gregori - Rimmel

Afficher limage dorigine

Close to the first Stefano Testa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qvDk_kNPP4

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2015 at 01:41

New release of that great Goblin's album.

This new CD edition containing 26 tracks and TOTAL TIME 32:15 uses every note recorded at that time. Chronology follows that of the recorded takes (“M”). For example, MAIN TITLES were exactly reconstructed as in the beginning of the film.

Only a few "M" were actually used and repeated in different scenes in the final version of the movie and a good part of it was not used by the production. The legendary Goblin have created fascinating atmospheres ranging from progressive rock to experimental passages sometimes enriched with ethnic colors, reflecting the different situations of the plot.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2015 at 01:48

SCHOCK (THE SHOCK) is a film directed in 1977 by Mario Bava, the legendary Master of Horror and Noir, featuring Daria Nicolodi, John Steiner, David Colin Jr and Ivan Rassimov.

The original 33 rpm (LP MDF 33/113) released by Cinevox Record included ten tracks.

The same material was reissued for the first time on CD in Japan by the specialized label SLC (SLCS-7155) and on CD in Italy in 2002 (CD 350 MDF) with four unreleased tracks. Meanwhile other master tapes were discovered. They gave the chance to find eleven totally unreleased tracks bringing this new edition to a total of 61:04 for the delight of music lovers and fans of Bava and Horror Film. Libra composed an OST that perfectly evokes in the sounds atmospheres with paranormal sounds, sometimes poetic and rarefied and sometimes spooky and scary. A CD for each respectable archive dedicated to a genre that has legions of fans around the world

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2015 at 19:06
Afficher limage dorigine

Found this one this afternoon.Thumbs Up 45 bucks. Not cheap but still a bargain for such a treasure. Next one : Orchestra Njervudarov. It will certainly be more difficult. 
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2015 at 19:31
^ Finding material for another 4 little gems poll? :)
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2015 at 19:38
Not yet, Samuel. I've found interesting things, but with no sound clips on you tube, I can't post them. Still on the deck Smile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2015 at 19:50
I knew you wouldn't run out of ideas ;)
Speaking of obscurities, I got an original vinyl copy of Ananga-Ranga's Regresso Ŕs Origens today. Do you know this cool Jazz Rock album?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2015 at 01:34
No, I didn't know. Thanks. Maybe in my next poll ?
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2015 at 03:50
Would love to have that Graminga LP, very good find.

Orchestra Njervudarov will set you back for some beans though.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2015 at 04:21
The Gramigna is good from the first to the last note and my copy is near mint, at least the record. It's a real pleasure to listen to vinyl again. To tell the truth I I did not listen to a single Cd for months. And I have 12 black records only !  The Gramigna is the first RPI album of my new collection. I start at zero again. Feel like I'm sixteen. 

Afficher limage dorigine
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2015 at 04:52
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

No, I didn't know. Thanks. Maybe in my next poll ?
Cool! Smile Both albums are on Youtube but this one is easily the best.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 338339340341342 358>