Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 339340341342343 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2015 at 13:56
Just got this the other day, what a bargain!  All 3 first albums plus extras at the cost of one CD.  
Had only heard III before, interesting to see how they progressed from their first album.  Man, really been enjoying this Thumbs Up.

Delirium 71-75 album cover
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2015 at 14:24
Of course I like III more than the others, Jim, but there are very good things on Lo Scemo and Dolce Acqua.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2015 at 15:40
For those who like Italian christian band, I'd like to introduce that christian band from Brazil: Communidade S8. Very very rare. Self produced. Very good. Thumbs Up

Afficher limage dorigine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw_-YDebNzE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBmksyVYUpY

Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2015 at 16:09
Originally posted by AEProgman AEProgman wrote:

Just got this the other day, what a bargain!  All 3 first albums plus extras at the cost of one CD.  
Had only heard III before, interesting to see how they progressed from their first album.  Man, really been enjoying this Thumbs Up.

I was lucky to get that exact same set myself a few year back, Jim! Abosutely amazing compilation of those first three albums and several singles, etc. As superb as the third album is (the second one has great moments here and there too), it's that precious little first album that means the most to me!

Definitely look into their comeback album `Il Nome del Vento' from 2009 too if you haven't done so already! That was actually the first of theirs I bought, then worked backwards!

Has anyone heard their most recent album from this year `L'Era della Menzoga'?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2015 at 16:12
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

For those who like Italian christian band, I'd like to introduce that christian band from Brazil: Communidade S8. Very very rare. Self produced. Very good. Thumbs Up

Afficher limage dorigine

<span style="line-height: 18.2px;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw_-YDebNzE</span>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBmksyVYUpY

I noticed there's an album of theirs available on Discogs, Pierre!

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?artist_id=3199348&ev=ab
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2015 at 16:22
Yes, I saw it. But the one above seems more interesting. Just a young opinion. I don't know the band very well yet. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2015 at 05:52
Avalaible again !

Afficher limage dorigine

A real masterpiece....dreamy improvised music with eastern influences and electronics!! "Before his magnificent experiments with electronic music onElektrictus (previously reissued on Wah Wah), Andrea Centazzo was already an accomplished musician who had issued his recorded works on the PDU and RCA labels. His first release was Ictus, a free-form avantgarde jazz oddessey on which he already started to experiment with electronic generated sounds.  
Ictus was a band formed by Centazzo, Armando Battiston and Franco Feruglio, although back in the day the sleeve of the PDU release credited the work only to Centazzo, and as if Ictus was simply the title of the album. This was a big mistake that we have been asked to correct in our reissue.
A brave drummer and percussionist, on this album Centazzo also played flute, synths and sang. He was joined on some tracks by Franco Feruglio on bass and double bass and  Armando Battiston on keyboards. It has been compared to Soft Machine’s Third or Wolfgang Dauner’s Et Cetera. " Label press

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzpA1TEl-4Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8U_EViZw7k
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2015 at 05:57
^ Wah Wah Records? I'll pass Dead
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2015 at 06:19
LOL
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2015 at 07:56
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

I was lucky to get that exact same set myself a few year back, Jim! Abosutely amazing compilation of those first three albums and several singles, etc. As superb as the third album is (the second one has great moments here and there too), it's that precious little first album that means the most to me!

Definitely look into their comeback album `Il Nome del Vento' from 2009 too if you haven't done so already! That was actually the first of theirs I bought, then worked backwards!

Has anyone heard their most recent album from this year `L'Era della Menzoga'?

Just now seeing this Michael.  Yes tend to like that first album also, but not quite over III, but over the 2nd album.  I do have the comeback album and love it!

Have not heard L'Era della Menzoga yet.  Anyone, how does it compare to Il Nome del Vento?
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2015 at 08:55

Have not heard L'Era della Menzoga yet.  Anyone, how does it compare to Il Nome del Vento?

L'era della Menzogna has its moments, but it's nowhere near as good as Il Nome del Vento, IMO. 
"I have seen the broken sky turn blue."

My Gnosis Ratings

Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2015 at 11:04
AltrOck announced next year's releases:
Deus ex Machina early albums reissues 
La Bocca della Verità "Avenoth"
La Coscienza di Zeno "La notte anche di giorno" Vinyl
Macroscream new album
Mamma non piangere "3"
Panzerpappa "Pestrottedans"
Promenade
Ske "1000 Autunni" reissue expanded
Syndone new album
Yugen new album
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2015 at 14:07
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

AltrOck announced next year's releases:
Deus ex Machina early albums reissues 
La Bocca della Verità "Avenoth"
La Coscienza di Zeno "La notte anche di giorno" Vinyl
Macroscream new album
Mamma non piangere "3"
Panzerpappa "Pestrottedans"
Promenade
Ske "1000 Autunni" reissue expanded
Syndone new album
Yugen new album

COOOOL!

Will get a lot of those.

The early DeM are the once that I don't have on CD.
I was waiting for La Bocca della Verità "Avenoth" for about 10 years now
I'm surprised that Macroscream are still going... Thought they where Long gone
Mamma non piangere ...hmmm. another unexpected comeback (they are from the late 70s)
Promenade... promising new band, liked what I heared so far
Ske "1000 Autunni" reissue expanded Killer Album! Have to look whats new on this release
Syndone new album
Yugen new Album both must haves

Edited by TheH - December 17 2015 at 14:07
logosprog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logosprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2015 at 16:51
Hi there,
   LogoS is back. Here are 3 videoes taken from our last gig.

we hope you like them :)
Best
LogoS
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2015 at 18:19
This one is for Micky. Knowing his undying love for all things Jethro Tull, I thought he'd love to see Ian Anderson jamming with Premiata Forneria Marconi. Ian was probably doing a charity performance for PFM's retirement! LOL

...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2016 at 13:59
Afficher limage dorigine

A nice album, with a great long suite. The other tracks are dispensable. 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2016 at 14:17
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

Afficher limage dorigine

A nice album, with a great long suite. The other tracks are dispensable. 

I like that one too, Pierre! Wish it would get a nice reissue!

Is this photo from your personal collection?!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2016 at 14:18
Originally posted by logosprog logosprog wrote:

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Hi there,</span><div style="line-height: 18.2px;">   LogoS is back. Here are 3 videoes taken from our last gig

Logos, no chance you could release a nice live Bluray or DVD? Would love to see that!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2016 at 16:16
No Mike, the photo is from ebay. This rare album is not very expensive, around 20 euros. 

Happy new year my dear italian den !

Afficher limage dorigine
Barocknroll View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barocknroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2016 at 05:21
And we have a rising Italian star.

SKYLINE was released in 2015 with painter Paul Whitehead signing the cover and Vittorio De Scalzi of New Trolls appearing on title track (vocals & flute).

What do you think?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 339340341342343 358>