Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 343344345346347 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2016 at 05:17
CD has become cheap today. so I hardly recommend this one again. Thumbs Up The bonuses (not available on youtube) are splendid. 

Afficher limage dorigine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzQeqaJxlzk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k-oDlKr_kE

Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2016 at 06:47
Originally posted by ALotOfBottle ALotOfBottle wrote:

Do any of you folks happen to know of or have read any good interviews with any original RPI musicians that are in English? Thanks in advance.

There are quite a lot of them in our "Interviews" sections of the Forum. 

This is my favorite as it was a real labor of love....and took a LONG time to pull off.  Heart

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=80190&OB=ASC

Edited by Finnforest - August 28 2016 at 06:51

ALotOfBottle View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALotOfBottle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2016 at 07:44
^The interview is amazing. I read the whole thing undisturbed, not even taking my eyes off the text for a second. Thanks so much for sharing that! Smile
Categories strain, crack and sometimes break, under their burden - step out of the space provided.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2016 at 11:25
Originally posted by ALotOfBottle ALotOfBottle wrote:

^The interview is amazing. I read the whole thing undisturbed, not even taking my eyes off the text for a second. Thanks so much for sharing that! Smile

Thanks, i appreciate that. 
We were sad we couldn't get all of them, but that's how it goes. 
If you find the Forum interview thread and start going back in time, you'll find lots of obscure RPI items.  Torodd had a dream of getting a little something from each of these groups before they pass on.  He didn't finish that dream but he got quite a few.  My salute Torodd, wherever you are. 

Edited by Finnforest - August 31 2016 at 15:29

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2016 at 20:50
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

CD has become cheap today. so I hardly recommend this one again. Thumbs Up The bonuses (not available on youtube) are splendid. 

Afficher limage dorigine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzQeqaJxlzk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k-oDlKr_kE

I really enjoyed that one too PierreClap

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2016 at 20:56

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2016 at 21:00
Here's the "Interview Index" which shows quite a few RPI bands.....with links for convenience....although it appears to have stopped being updated at some point.  So if you don't see the band you want here, you should still go to the Interview thread and do a search.

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66175

Edited by Finnforest - August 28 2016 at 21:01

Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2016 at 08:31
Gentlemen, would any of you recommend this album:

A CD of this has been available from a local Australia vendor on Ebay for almost a year now, and I was wondering if it is worthwhile getting due to the backing of PFM.

I suppose I'm more worried that it will be something I'd listen to once and then never again?
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2016 at 10:30
^^

De Andre is (was R.I.P.) a very important Singer/Songwriter in Italy.
From a Prog Point of view he is not really interesting, if you can't understand
the lyrics most will be lost to you.

I have one of the live album he did with PFM in the 70s, and it did actually nothing
to me.

But there will be a new PFM studio album in Spring next year!

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2016 at 10:48
Thanks, mate, yes, I expected it was more of a singer/songwriter album.

Plenty of other more important Italian discs I can catch up on

I do hope the new PFM will be more inspired than Le Orme's `Felona e Sorona' 2016 remake!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2016 at 10:51
So how many "classic era" members are going to be a part of the new PFM/Banco/Orme releases?

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2016 at 10:51
Actually, I'm listening to this one at work right now:

Not bad at all for the time, but it's probably more interesting with the DVD of the concert that comes with it.
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2016 at 11:03
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

So how many "classic era" members are going to be a part of the new PFM/Banco/Orme releases?

Le Orme: Michi Dei Rossi
Banco: Vittorio Nocenzi (and maybe some others. lineup isn't clear at the moment)
PFM: Franz di Cioccio, Patrick Djivas

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2016 at 12:13
^
Grazie!

doompaul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doompaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2016 at 13:31
My first introduction to Italian Prog was Io Come Io by Il Rovescio Della Medaglia. The record floored me. My friend put it on just to see what I thought. I ended up listening to it twice in a row. Just amazing.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2016 at 13:35
Hi Paul, welcome to the Den. 
I'm not sure I've ever heard that one....most people jump right to their next album with RDM.  Which I believe is a very different album.  I will try to check it out sometime

doompaul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doompaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2016 at 13:44
It is the one with the metal medal on the cover that goes for ridiculous amounts of money on discogs. I felt pretty lucky to have heard it as I'm not sure if it has been reissued.
doompaul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doompaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2016 at 13:55
Originally posted by doompaul doompaul wrote:

It is the one with the metal medal on the cover that goes for ridiculous amounts of money on discogs. I felt pretty lucky to have heard it as I'm not sure if it has been reissued.
I mis-spoke without doing research. It has, indeed, been reissued many times over the years.
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2016 at 14:04
I haven't listened to it in a loooooong time, I certainly forgot about it. All I remember from it except from it being very very different from Contaminazione is that's it is mostly a hard rock prog album, quite close to Osage Tribe, I don't think there's even a keyboard there. A lot of distorted bass and guitars, weird vocals, a very raw recording. I'll have to revisit sometime.

And btw yes it was reissued.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2016 at 17:32
Random RPI thought of the day:

Do I dare ask what Osanna's `Fog in My Mind' is about?!

I'm sure I'm not mishearing it, but there's the repeated lines of `I touch myself' and `I hate my hands', and I feel rather
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 343344345346347 358>