Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 344345346347348 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2016 at 07:40
^^

I don't think they where going there (yuuk)...

I always thought it's about a guy going nuts, but is still clear enough to realize that..
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2016 at 07:42
By the way RDM will have a new album soon. It's there way back to Prog and will feature
an orchestra.
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2016 at 19:00
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

Where is Todd ?

[Opens eyes, shakes head, yawns, stretches, blinks eyes repeatedly...]

Hey, what did I miss? How is everyone?

Sorry about the long absence...

In the press of seeking and listening to new music (some out of quest, some out of responsibility), I have found that I don't revisit the great works of the past enough. I've begun to remedy that, and have spent the last several days with the amazing Ys by Il Balletto di Bronzo. What an adventure that one is!

A while back I posted a couple reviews of Balletto-related works that provide a bit of historical context, if you're interested.

"I have seen the broken sky turn blue."

My Gnosis Ratings

Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2016 at 19:03
Originally posted by TheH TheH wrote:

By the way RDM will have a new album soon. It's there way back to Prog and will feature
an orchestra.

Good news, I hope! Their last few have been very uninspiring, with the sole exception of the Live in Tokyo that Enzo Vita played with members of RanestRane. Thanks, H.

My Gnosis Ratings

TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2016 at 16:06
^^

Hi Todd,

good to see that you are still around!!!
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2016 at 16:17
Il Rovescio della Medaglia - Tribal Domestic
Metamorfosi - Puragatorio

both out on Sony Italy on 14th October

New Maxophone is also developing...
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2016 at 10:24
^ Thanks H, I look forward to these. I liked the Paradiso from years back, so I have high hopes for Purgatorio. 

My Gnosis Ratings

Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2016 at 07:55
I'm on my phone so no links but I would like to recommend what Luca recommended me here the other day: Franco Battiato doing his own electronic spin on PFM's classic Impressioni di Settembre https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=RjFPMzGLMzM
Recent footage from Italian tv.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2016 at 09:04
You can hear short camples of all songs from the new Maxophone album here:

The new Nuova Era album will be out end of October.

Edited by TheH - September 28 2016 at 09:05
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2016 at 11:53
^ H, those clips sound good, especially Il Fiume... And if Pini can recapture the magic of the last full album... well, that will be something special!

My Gnosis Ratings

TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2016 at 15:11
Originally posted by Todd Todd wrote:

^ H, those clips sound good, especially Il Fiume... And if Pini can recapture the magic of the last full album... well, that will be something special!

I do not raise my expectations to high but lets see what comes out of it.

It's going to be released in January by the way. That Fiume track is my favourite so far also.

TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2016 at 17:23
There might be also a new Locanda delle Fate album next year (or even more than one)!
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2016 at 19:51
Sad news...

I Treni All'Alba

Update: On 6 March, 2016, the band announced they have officially disbanded after 13 years together. From their Facebook page: 

"Like the more attentive have noticed in recent times we have been a bit absent... the fact is that in the last few years some things happened in our lives, some nice and others less, some wanted and others not. The fact is that despite all our efforts, these changes and the distances due to the relocation of two of us in England, they made it really hard to continue a serious project like I Treni All'Alba, where the constant commitment and a constant physical proximity are necessary.
We have therefore decided to stop here.
Not because we don't have more to say or because we no longer know how to say it, but simply because for us it has become too hard to do in these conditions.
A huge thank you goes to all those who have helped us and supported in these 13 years..."

They added that they do have material they would like to record one day as a swan song, but could not say for certain it would happen.  We hope so, guys, and thanks for the music!

Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2016 at 23:42
I wasn't aware of that particular group, Jim, but I'm noticing several Italian groups seeimingly disappearing recently. Off the top of my head, Avalon Legend 2 seem to have vanished, which is a shame.
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2016 at 14:17
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

I wasn't aware of that particular group, Jim, but I'm noticing several Italian groups seeimingly disappearing recently. Off the top of my head, Avalon Legend 2 seem to have vanished, which is a shame.

As far as I know Avalon Legend 2 are working on a new album (?).

If anyone needs info on new Italian Prog bands just ask, I do normally have some info...
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2016 at 16:30

They're a good band Michael I think you'd like them.  Their 2nd album is complete on YouTube if you want to hear it, and there's a couple songs from their first album.  Here's a brief teaser.

Edited by Finnforest - October 26 2016 at 07:48

Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2016 at 00:16
That's a shame, they had a nice niche, very unique sound.

What ever happened to Il Ruscello?

My Gnosis Ratings

Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2016 at 00:22

If anyone needs info on new Italian Prog bands just ask, I do normally have some info...

Last time I checked their Facebook page seemed to be completely missing, unless I'm looking in the wrong place? I assumed they'd kind of quietely disappeared, which would be a shame, H!
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2016 at 05:15

Last time I checked their Facebook page seemed to be completely missing, unless I'm looking in the wrong place? I assumed they'd kind of quietely disappeared, which would be a shame, H!

Maybe you should look here: Wink

TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2016 at 05:16
Originally posted by Todd Todd wrote:

That's a shame, they had a nice niche, very unique sound.

What ever happened to Il Ruscello?

Yes they where really good, loved their last Album.

Il Ruscello are sadly history....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 344345346347348 358>