Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 346347348349350 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2016 at 01:08
Did anyone else pick up this charming album from Panther & C last year? Gets better with every single listen, and definitely in need of a bit more love and attention!

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=52480

Short and sweet at 37 minutes as well!
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2016 at 03:03
^^

I like that one very much altough I heared some live versions of the Songs that sounded better
to me than the Studio ones.

They will have their second album out in March '17

Edited by TheH - November 24 2016 at 03:13
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2016 at 07:35
Wonderful news about Panther & C, H!

Unless I missed a discussion on it, has anyone heard Il Rovescio Della Medaglia's `Tribal Domestic' yet? Just wanted some thoughts before blind-ordering it and hoping for the best!

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=53014

Shame the cover isn't better!
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2016 at 09:50
^ It's a pretty good album. On first listen I liked it more than the new Metamorfosi, but the Metamorfosi album grew on me. This one has stayed pretty good.
"I have seen the broken sky turn blue."

My Gnosis Ratings

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2016 at 09:58
Cheers, mate....I might as well just `throw it on the pile' with my next Syn-Phonic order!

And thanks for mailing that newsletter update to me too, buddy!
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2016 at 10:04
`Tribal Domestic' is a good album and much closer to Prog as their last one.
Don't expect anything close to Contaminazione though.
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2016 at 10:05
Michael, I can stream it if you prefer, so you can see if it's worth the money.

BTW, one that didn't make Greg's list that he just got is the new full album by Il Rumore Bianco.

My Gnosis Ratings

Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2016 at 10:10
Originally posted by Todd Todd wrote:

^ It's a pretty good album. On first listen I liked it more than the new Metamorfosi, but the Metamorfosi album grew on me. This one has stayed pretty good.

I just noticed yesterday that Metamorfosi had released an album this year. And Nuova Era as well but theirs is in English surprisingly after singing in Italian all those years. Haven't heard either yet.

"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2016 at 10:17
^ John!

I like the Nuova Era album but wish the vocals were in Italian. But fortunately it's mostly instrumental.

I agree with H's sentiments about RDM and Metamorfosi-- RDM is certainly better than the other studio stuff they've released since the 90s. And Purgatorio is a good album, about equal to Paradiso.

My Gnosis Ratings

Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2016 at 10:55

^ John!

I like the Nuova Era album but wish the vocals were in Italian. But fortunately it's mostly instrumental.

I agree with H's sentiments about RDM and Metamorfosi-- RDM is certainly better than the other studio stuff they've released since the 90s. And Purgatorio is a good album, about equal to Paradiso.

Man that hug felt good Todd, and right back at youHug

I've been watching for your recommendations Todd because as you know we have such similar tastes. Thanks for the info above. I'm such a huge Nuova Era fan but worry not only about the vocals but I hope they still employ one of the nastiest organ sounds that I've ever heard.

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2016 at 04:25
Vocal is always a problem with Nuova Era, no matter the language LOL
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2016 at 15:46
Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

I've been watching for your recommendations Todd because as you know we have such similar tastes. Thanks for the info above. I'm such a huge Nuova Era fan but worry not only about the vocals but I hope they still employ one of the nastiest organ sounds that I've ever heard.

Right back at you, John, love to hear what you're enjoying.

The organ is still as dirty and gritty as ever. The album gets better with each listen. Although I did go back and listen to Il Passo del Soldato--man, what a great album that is!

My Gnosis Ratings

verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2016 at 18:31
Just ordered some discs from Syn-phonic. Among them was the new album by Moogg. Sounds awesome!

verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2016 at 18:33
Originally posted by tszirmay tszirmay wrote:

A very valid pledge as well! How about the incredible Goblin Rebirth , the 2 Ad Maiora albums, La Curva di Lesmo, Nathan and Sezione Frenante? 

As a 30-year Goblin fan, I like it, but I prefer Goblin's Four of a Kind. They're really on fire on that one.
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2016 at 00:17
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

Originally posted by tszirmay tszirmay wrote:

A very valid pledge as well! How about the incredible Goblin Rebirth , the 2 Ad Maiora albums, La Curva di Lesmo, Nathan and Sezione Frenante? 

As a 30-year Goblin fan, I like it, but I prefer Goblin's Four of a Kind. They're really on fire on that one.

I am trying to get that one but its very expensive...Waiting in patience...Thanks for the recoClap
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
Pastmaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pastmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2016 at 00:58
Anyone else here really like PFM's Jetlag? I've been really enjoying it, but it doesn't seem to get much love.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2016 at 10:30

Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

Right back at you, John, love to hear what you're enjoying.

The organ is still as dirty and gritty as ever. The album gets better with each listen. Although I did go back and listen to Il Passo del Soldato--man, what a great album that is!

Il Passo Del Soldato is what RPI on fire sounds like. Clap
I had no intention of picking up Warm Spaced Blue until I read some reviews and man I'm so glad I got it. I had problems with the vocals and violin on their debut but both are scaled back a lot. Really enjoying it. I want to check out Promenade and Il Paradiso Degli Orchi's latest.

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Aled91 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aled91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2016 at 01:26
Hey guys did you check out the new album by Il Rumore Bianco? its name is Antropocene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hd8FEt_UpE

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPMCMCb4av9MKlevoXskfhwYwUXuXjgHT
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2016 at 11:04
Originally posted by Aled91 Aled91 wrote:

Hey guys did you check out the new album by Il Rumore Bianco? its name is Antropocene.

I just did listen to it for the first time. Very powerful vivid Prog album.
Needs some more spins, but so far I really like it.
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2016 at 13:29
^ I like it too!

I'm also really loving the CAP and Alvaro Fella album!

Lots of great new RPI this year, that's for sure.

My Gnosis Ratings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 346347348349350 358>