Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 255256257258259 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2013 at 22:08
Originally posted by infocat infocat wrote:

Originally posted by AEProgman AEProgman wrote:

Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

Hello my fellow RPI brothers. Approve I just wanted to tell you all that I had an absolutely incredible time at the GOBLIN CONCERT last night in my land of Toronto, Canada. Apparently, this was the first time that GOBLIN have played in Canada period! 40+ years and they have never been here...wow...ShockedAnyway. I have a couple of photos of MASTER GUARINI. I have to say i was really impressed with his work and i love how he has this 'stonewalling' look to him during most of the show....he looks like a dark lord!!LOL  I say its perfect for the kind of music he plays. Evil Smile   Prog on guys, and it as really an honor to see them perform and so close!!                                                                                                 Bowdown

Nice!  Wish they would come locally in the US....
Umm, Bubba, Goblin is playing in Denver this very night!http://www.gothictheatre.com/events/detail/242803

unfortunately not close enough to bubbaland. Did you make it?
infocat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infocat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2013 at 22:11

Hello my fellow RPI brothers. Approve I just wanted to tell you all that I had an absolutely incredible time at the GOBLIN CONCERT last night in my land of Toronto, Canada. Apparently, this was the first time that GOBLIN have played in Canada period! 40+ years and they have never been here...wow...ShockedAnyway. I have a couple of photos of MASTER GUARINI. I have to say i was really impressed with his work and i love how he has this 'stonewalling' look to him during most of the show....he looks like a dark lord!!LOL  I say its perfect for the kind of music he plays. Evil Smile   Prog on guys, and it as really an honor to see them perform and so close!!                                                                                                 Bowdown

Umm, Bubba, Goblin is playing in Denver this very night!http://www.gothictheatre.com/events/detail/242803

I don't know the band (other than reading about them here), so I did not go.
--
Frank Swarbrick
Belief is not Truth.
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2013 at 00:54

Originally posted by Kati Kati wrote:

I know this is not necessary the right place to post this song, however it's David Bowie, unique thus prog in his own way also he is singing in Italian which many of you might not have heard this before http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRoXp0ha28g The sexiest man alive

Very different take on Major Tom, Thanks for the link. cool. 

AEProgman thank you, I am happy you enjoyed this too another please xxxxx
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2013 at 01:08
Glad you like the Klan album, buddies. Thanks for Bowie, Kati. David is everywhere at his home.
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2013 at 01:14
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

Glad you like the Klan album, buddies. Thanks for Bowie, Kati. David is everywhere at his home.

thank you very much, Hellogoodbye and most welcome come back pls aww again thank you very much, I love Bowie, I own most albums he ever produced, inc. prior becoming famous hugs to you hellogoodbye
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2013 at 01:31
Hugs to you too, Kati. I listened to many different musics in my life, but Bowie was always present.
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2013 at 12:22
As they caused some ravel here:

Il Fauno del Marmo's (ex The Rebus)CD "Canti, racconti e battaglie” will be out soon.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Il-Fauno-di-Marmo-ex-The-Rebus/156572561065610

Also there will be a new CD/DVD from the legendary "Stormy Six"
on Oct. 29

Edited by TheH - October 16 2013 at 12:26
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2013 at 12:28

I don't know the band (other than reading about them here), so I did not go.

They are doing a full north American tour I believe. Do what you can to see them cause I really don't know how much longer GOBLIN will be around for. God...massimo has to be 70 something by now?
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2013 at 12:30
Hey guys have you heard...

PFM (Premiata Forneria Marconi) - In Classic: Da Mozart - A Celebration (2CD)

It's fantastic. I just picked it up. An orchestrated sound works very well with PFM's material. :)
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2013 at 12:34
Goblin just added some Dates:

Nov 29 Chicago, IL/ The Empty Bottle*
Nov 30 Minneapolis, MN/ The Varsity Theater
Dec 1 Milwaukee, WI/ Turner Hall
Dec 3 St. Louis, MO/ 2720 Cherokee
Dec 4 Cincinnati, OH/ Taft Theatre
Dec 5 Cleveland, OH/ Beachland Ballroom
Dec 6 Pittsburgh, PA/ Carnegie Music Hall
Dec 8 Albany, NY/ Upstate Concert Hall
Dec 10 Boston, MA/ Sinclair
Dec 11 New Haven, CT/ Center Church on the Green
Dec 12 Philadelphia, PA/ Trocadero
Dec 13 Washington, DC/ 9:30 Club
Ded 14 Carrboro, NC/ Cats Cradle
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2013 at 12:36
"PFM (Premiata Forneria Marconi) - In Classic: Da Mozart - A Celebration (2CD"

Just found it in the mail today and I'm spining it right now.

Cool stuff!

Edited by TheH - October 16 2013 at 12:36
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2013 at 13:07
Beautiful. Hope you end up loving the whole thing. I haven't listened to disc 2 yet, but I will when I get home. ;)
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2013 at 13:08
ALLUMINOGENI are in studio recording a new album!

"METAFISICO" as part of a planed trilogy.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2013 at 06:12
I've been playing a lot of the rawer sounding and more hard hitting RPI gems of my collection lately. Ålborg Denmark is slowly getting introduced to the wonderful whims of ItalyBig smile
Capitolo 6, Biglietto per L'Inferno, J.E.T. and Edgar Allan Poe are all spinning regularly at my place. That Frutti per Kagua album from Capitolo 6 is a real gem imo.

Edited by Guldbamsen - October 19 2013 at 06:12
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2013 at 16:29
Originally posted by TheH TheH wrote:

ALLUMINOGENI are in studio recording a new album!

"METAFISICO" as part of a planed trilogy.
The album with the Centipede on the cover is a little inconsistent but the good stuff on it is great !! Interesting to see what they come up with these days.
'Scolopendra'.....

Edited by Tom Ozric - October 19 2013 at 16:30
proggman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proggman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2013 at 21:19
I started to listen to Italian prog pretty recently and I like everything I've heard so far.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2013 at 00:33
Welcome Proggman 2. You are not at the end of your surprises.
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2013 at 04:59
Never too late to start, Proggman! Why don't you tell us which ones you've been enjoying, and I'm sure some of us Italian Den regulars can offer some more suggestions for you to try?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2013 at 06:03
Obscure but bright Ep : Music operation - Look around pt.1&2 (1973)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po9V8kT3dDQ
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2013 at 14:00
Originally posted by proggman proggman wrote:

I started to listen to Italian prog pretty recently and I like everything I've heard so far.

Another Prog(g)man, welcome to the RPI den!  I see by the spelling, you come from a different clan of Progmen, must be progcuzins....

Like Michael (ABB) mentioned let us know what you heard.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 255256257258259 358>