Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 265266267268269 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2013 at 06:07
Gioioso Noël, i miei amici. Hope that many presents wait for you under the Roman pine.

Pierre.
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2013 at 14:54
^ You to my friend.

In case I do not get a chance over the next few days, I want to wish all those in the RPI den, a blessed Christmas and/or Happy Holidays!

Sort of appropriate for the season, Luciano Laurini - Uno Come Tanti Altri

Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2013 at 17:36
Oh, Jim/AEP, you know how special that album is to me!

The LP of that Laurini album was probably one of the best Christimas presents I ever recieved, but as much as I treasure it, that gift came from my ex partner, aka Lady Voldermort, aka `She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named'! But I'm not going to let that sour my love of it!

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2013 at 17:39
I'll also take this opportunity to thank all my regular Italian Den compadres and wish them a happy and safe Christmas, and I hope you get to spend it with those dearest to you.

Another year passes full of great conversation, recommendations and humour in here, and I am so grateful to share it with you all!

Edited by Aussie-Byrd-Brother - December 23 2013 at 17:39
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2013 at 17:43
Bravo, Michaele ! 

Tanti auguri to all the RPI ragazzi/e! 
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2013 at 17:48
Originally posted by tszirmay tszirmay wrote:

Bravo, Michaele ! 
Tanti auguri to all the RPI ragazzi/e! 

Thank you, my friend! Best wishes to you too!

Ha, I've been lurking around plenty of your reviews lately, been trying to post one a day until the end of the year, but have noticed there's been plenty of titles with your words on them that I'm also writing for! We share a common love for instrumental greatness!
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2013 at 17:54
Merry Christmas everyone!

Congrats Pierre on your newfound VIP status....and I love your avatar....your greatest duck yet!

Hope everyone gets some RPI from Santa and lots of time with family
Jim

hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2013 at 23:34
Thanks Museo. Merry Christmas to you.
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2013 at 03:44
Happy holidays you guys, I wish you and your familias all the best !
Take care and enjoy your vacations
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2013 at 10:07
Buon Natale tutti!

Thank you so much to all of you guys hear in wonderful RPI land. I think it has been an exceptional year in music and part of 2013's make up of great music has consisted of some stellar RPI discoveries.
I think I can say my most memorable RPI moments for 2013 was seeing GOBLIN in concert and discovering UNREAL CITY while just being blown away by their debut release, LA CRUDELTÀ DI APRILE.

Thanks again to all of you for being a part it and supporting my crazy enthusiasm for it. ;)

Looking forward to 2014 and exploring more of this wonderful genre with the likes of all of you.
Be well guys. Have a safe and beautiful proggy holiday

Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2013 at 14:33
I`ll Say I`m still waiting for. My 11 cd`s box set of.
le Orme.
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2013 at 12:08
Merry Christmas Greetings to all!

I've been really enjoying this album by Distillerie di Malto. Please search it out! Digital copies available on Amazon and iTunes, hard copies shouldn't be hard to come by, as it's pressed by Musea.

Suono ! album cover
"I have seen the broken sky turn blue."

My Gnosis Ratings

Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2013 at 12:57
^ I've been waiting for this one for ages, I should be ordering it sometime soon. Love their first one too!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2013 at 06:40
Thanks for the tip-off, Todd and Sagi, will look into this one!

How is everyone finding the latest Il Tempio delle Clessidre `AlieNatura'? I was initially shocked that they once again chose an older vocalist (well, he sure sounds it, but doesn't look like it from the CD booklet!) - I'm wondering if much of it was written when the Museo singer was still in the band?

It's definitely a little more 70's hard rock/riff driven than the first album, but there's no denying that once again Elisa's keyboards completely steal the show!
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2013 at 11:37
Musea seems to be out of stock (at the Moment) for the "Distillerie di Malto" album.

As far as I remember TdC where about to enter the Studio as Galifi dropped out of the band. So I think most of the material was written before the new vocalist entered.

I also don't think that the second album is really much harder than the first. Francesco Ciapica has just a much more powerfull and also much more "in your face" voice. Maybe the band turned up the volume a bit
because of that. (and he ain't much older than the rest of the band)

This is what Francesco did before TdC with his brother and Paolo Tixi
(TdCs drummer).

Edited by TheH - December 28 2013 at 12:25
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2013 at 12:40
And Elisa is quite able to do some 70s hard rock stuff

Edited by TheH - December 28 2013 at 12:40
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2013 at 12:43
Thanks H, I'll check that clip when I get home! At work, and they block videos, so I can't see at all what you've posted!

I haven't listened to it in a year or so, but I don't recall the first TdC album being quite as `hard rock' as parts of this new one. I just need to give this new one some more listens! My first impression that it's at least stronger that the latest Museo.

Hmmmm, need to give that one more of a listen too!
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2013 at 12:41
Originally posted by Todd Todd wrote:

Merry Christmas Greetings to all!
I've been really enjoying this album by Distillerie di Malto. Please search it out! Digital copies available on Amazon and iTunes, hard copies shouldn't be hard to come by, as it's pressed by Musea.
Suono ! album cover

Will do. Thank you very much. 2014 is gonna be my year for diving more excessively into the RPI pool of Prog. :)
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2013 at 07:46
I can see what the hoopla was about for Unreal City...what a great album!  Thumbs Up  Had it about a week now.

Also got AttosecondO by Alphataurus, very good also!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2013 at 07:59
Awesome, Jim, glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks for also reminding me to give `Attosecondo' another spin, I've got it on my Ipod at work here right now, and I was looking for some inspiration!

Very strong album!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 265266267268269 358>