Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 274275276277278 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2014 at 21:28
A gem, Jim Thumbs Up Never left my top ten. 

Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2014 at 00:54
Thanks for the Maxophone video H, it sounds like they are influenced more by Gentle Giant than by themselves. Nice track and I wish it was in Italian too of course.
And yes Michael it's one of those albums with an english version, the music is the same as I can remember except from the closing vocal part which they just took out.
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2014 at 10:59
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

That's a great one Jim. 

Have you heard Metamorfosi's "Inferno" yet?  That's one I keep coming back to. 

Yes I do have that one and love it.  However, I have not listened to it since last summer, I think it is time to put it back in rotation.  Thanks for the reminder!
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2014 at 12:22
Originally posted by AEProgman AEProgman wrote:

Which reminds me, any update on the Rovescio Della Medaglia live release that The H mentioned a few posts back?

This one was just released yesterday. Will get it soon.
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2014 at 18:42
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

<span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 17px;">Ricardo Tesi's Banditaliana : Thapsos.</span>
<span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 17px;"></span>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VXTTU66ODM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmH2dSZA63c

Wonderful Pierre! That first track is Very soulful, droning and melancholic. WHAT A VOICE!!

Available on CD?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2014 at 19:10
Yep ! 

http://www.amazon.fr/Thapsos-Riccardo-Tesi/dp/B00005CDNQ/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1392253720&sr=8-16&keywords=riccardo+tesi

progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2014 at 20:51
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Nick and others,

OK, so not Youtube clips that I can find, but you can stream the whole album right here:

http://www.progstreaming.com/_wb/pages/play-album.php?activeAlbum=00617%20-%20Il%20Segno%20Del%20Comando%20-%20Il%20Volto%20Verde

I've got the CD of it, lovely booklet, but I wish I had a vinyl copy of this one, that cover is quite unnerving!

Nick and others,

OK, so not Youtube clips that I can find, but you can stream the whole album right here:

http://www.progstreaming.com/_wb/pages/play-album.php?activeAlbum=00617%20-%20Il%20Segno%20Del%20Comando%20-%20Il%20Volto%20Verde

I've got the CD of it, lovely booklet, but I wish I had a vinyl copy of this one, that cover is quite unnerving!

Very very

Michael, man I enjoyed this album 'The Green Face' and it makes me want to read the 1916 book too!
I read both yours and Andrea's review for the album. Both extremely well done and can't thank you both enough for doing such a candid job in capturing the magic of this album through the use of words, poignantly. ;)

I have many favourites on the album, but I particularly like the track USIBEPU, the ritual instrumental and the epiloque outro with haunting narrative vocals. Beauty. also, I love how Usibepu is based on a tireless Necromancer who terrifies that Eva girl? Anyway. Great stuff and the drumming by Fernando Cherchi is so fitting for that track.
I also found most of the album being grindingly funky if that makes sense. It's an odd mix combing funk with goth but Il Segno Del Comando make it work. Claudio simonetti's contributions were great as well. :)

Thanks again.   
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2014 at 20:59

Finally gave this CD a listen today for the first time, very interesting! Civico 23 definitely operate in the heavier end of Italian prog, but they've got a great wild singer, and the music is very unpredictable!

Opinions on anyone who's heard it please!

Oh and that artwork!!!

This album makes me want to explore JACULA more. One more thing. I also loved what you said in your review about how the Gothic RPI genre is in good hands. Sophya Bacchi's vocals kind if grabbed me and I want to get he latest 2013 release. ;)
All these RPI albums I want are so expensive on Canada Amazon, E-Bay, cd discogs etc. but I haven't tried Lasers Edge yet. :)
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2014 at 01:31
well have just ordered three 6cds box set`s.
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2014 at 08:55
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

Michael, man I enjoyed this album 'The Green Face' and it makes me want to read the 1916 book too!
I read both yours and Andrea's review for the album. Both extremely well done and can't thank you both enough for doing such a candid job in capturing the magic of this album through the use of words, poignantly. ;)

I have many favourites on the album, but I particularly like the track USIBEPU, the ritual instrumental and the epiloque outro with haunting narrative vocals. Beauty. also, I love how Usibepu is based on a tireless Necromancer who terrifies that Eva girl? Anyway. Great stuff and the drumming by Fernando Cherchi is so fitting for that track.
I also found most of the album being grindingly funky if that makes sense. It's an odd mix combing funk with goth but Il Segno Del Comando make it work. Claudio simonetti's contributions were great as well. :)

Thanks again.   

First of all, Nick, you're not alone! As I was researching the album, I became fascinated with the book, and a copy is speeding it's way towards me as we speak. Very looking forward to it!

You are SPOT ON about the album being quite funky, just spun it at work (probably wasn't a really good idea!) again tonight, and many of the tracks have a really dirty groove to them!

You should consider checking out their previous two albums, they're also very good!

Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

This album makes me want to explore JACULA more. One more thing. I also loved what you said in your review about how the Gothic RPI genre is in good hands. Sophya Bacchi's vocals kind if grabbed me and I want to get he latest 2013 release. ;)
All these RPI albums I want are so expensive on Canada Amazon, E-Bay, cd discogs etc. but I haven't tried Lasers Edge yet. :)

I've also got that Sophya one, just haven't listened to it much yet. It's had mostly great reviews, and it sounds very sophisticated. Will report back soon once I've given it more of a proper spin!

Now, this is where you should be buying all your Prog albums from, I've been doing almost all my shopping here for endless years:

http://synphonic.8m.com/

Now, the website isn't much to look at, and you don't know if something is actually in stock until you contact, but all you have to do is make a list, email the owner Greg Walker, and he'll get back to you. His shipping costs are superb, items arrive super quick, and he's a very nice guy as well.

Check it out, and prepare to have your wallet emptied!   

PS - hint hint, he might have all three Comando discs still in stock too!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2014 at 08:56
Originally posted by geekfreak geekfreak wrote:

well have just ordered three 6cds box set`s.

Ah, those `Progressive Italia' box sets, Mr Freak?

Please tell us which volumes!

Edited by Aussie-Byrd-Brother - February 13 2014 at 08:56
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2014 at 08:58
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

Yep ! 
http://www.amazon.fr/Thapsos-Riccardo-Tesi/dp/B00005CDNQ/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1392253720&sr=8-16&keywords=riccardo+tesi

Thank you, Pierre! Those clips sounded great! IS the rest of the album just as good?

Edited by Aussie-Byrd-Brother - February 13 2014 at 08:58
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2014 at 01:24
Different, Mike. Listen to the samples on amazon.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2014 at 01:27

1973. Jazz Rock.  Not bad at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwr5afXHCCw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G1YxmZZimQ
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2014 at 08:06
are there any other member. whom are new to Italian prog. I`ve just over the last 12 weeks. who would like to chat about. Italian prog and make a new friend.

Music Is Live

<
Rick Robson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Robson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2014 at 13:47
Originally posted by geekfreak geekfreak wrote:

I`ve just over the last 12 weeks. who would like to chat about. Italian prog and make a new friend.
My suggestion for a beginer in RPI:
Locanda delle Fate - Forse Le Lucciole Non Si Amano Più:
...come quel affetto e quela dolcezza di un sorriso angelico.

"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." LvB
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2014 at 08:14
as you all now I`m new to Italian progressive music. as my box sets are still to arrive. I`ve been on youtube. to find out what is Italian prog all a about. well for three hours. I was in progressive Italian heaven.   

Music Is Live

<
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2014 at 15:42
I have some big news, guys. I recieved a nice thanks in a PM to me from none other than the lead guitarist of Libra! He is now a member of PA, and his username is "musicanico", and just joined this morning.Thumbs Up
                      (I guess he must have read my 5 star reviews of two Libra albums)
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2014 at 20:44
All i can say is i like just about every release i've heard from Italian artists. Some better than others of course, but Italy is one of those places that has a disproportionate quantity of excellent artists. Some of my all time faves include Area, Osanna, PFM, Banco, Museo Rosenbach, Il Balleto Di Bronzo. I could keep going but i wont' Embarrassed
Utnapishtim View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Utnapishtim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2014 at 03:39
What a beautiful "new" return! After the magnificence of "Flektogon" finally come back Nodo Gordiano with new album "Nous". Surely many of you know them.

HAMELINPROG: http://www.hamelinprog.com/nodo-gordiano-nous/

Per Fortuna C’è Sempre Qualcuno Che Pianta Le Querce Senza Preoccuparsi Di Vivere Troppo A Lungo Per Raccogliere Le Ghiande
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 274275276277278 358>