Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 276277278279280 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 10:11
Sagi, Pierre, guys...what can I say? I'm been playing the first Procession album (or what I can find on Youtube). Frontiera - UNBELIEVABLE. I love it so much, and there's this slightly dark snarling sound to the music. The vocals are also superb, they actually remind me of the Mars Volta a little, if their vocals were...well, bearable! Actually, some of the music had that same schizophrenic energy they do. Such a confident album, nice punchy production too. Love the balance of delicate acoustic/mellotron passages with wilder heavy menace! I'm sure there was just the slightest hint of Sabbath in one or two brief moments?!

Thank you so much for the recommendation!! I have been instantly blown away by it, and am now going to order it in my next Syn-Phonic order.

On to Fiaba next!
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 10:16
ClapYay Michael!!!!!

One of my alltime faves! -And one I recently awarded with the full monty. Mjeah maybe not recently...it was last summer while I was reviewing some Italian stuff. I rate it up there with Melos and Ys actually. 

(Btw I seem to remember recommending these guys to you a good while ago......are you cheating on me?!?!?AngryTongueLOL)
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 10:23

Yes ma man! I was sure you're gonna like it, it's quite a classic, they never seem to end ha?

And you totally got it, great description of the music, especially the acoustic and heavy balance.

Oh and listening to it right now too.

Edited by Sagichim - February 21 2014 at 10:24
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 10:24
Oh, no, Dave, it's my damn Aussie sponge brain! I soak EVERYTHING up at once, kind of take too much in at one go, something's bound to go missing or get moved to the side!

I totally get why you would love it, man that heavy guitar is incredible! What a schizophrenic album, but it holds together beautifully.

Cheers, guys, I totally understand instantly why you all rave about it.

I just love being totally floored by a vintage release like this that has just somehow eluded me because of attention on other things. I just love that I know I'll be surprised by other vintage RPI stuff I've not heard yet again in the future.
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 10:31
I remember your review Muldyamsen, there's a part of listening to the album and not leaving the apartment only if you need food or sex...LOL
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 10:44
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Oh, no, Dave, it's my damn Aussie sponge brain! I soak EVERYTHING up at once, kind of take too much in at one go, something's bound to go missing or get moved to the side!

I totally get why you would love it, man that heavy guitar is incredible! What a schizophrenic album, but it holds together beautifully.

Cheers, guys, I totally understand instantly why you all rave about it.

I just love being totally floored by a vintage release like this that has just somehow eluded me because of attention on other things. I just love that I know I'll be surprised by other vintage RPI stuff I've not heard yet again in the future.

It's the spongy brain of yours that makes me love you so muchWink

I'll drink to that last part of your postBeer

Edited by Guldbamsen - February 21 2014 at 10:44
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 10:48
Originally posted by Sagichim Sagichim wrote:

I remember your review Muldyamsen, there's a part of listening to the album and not leaving the apartment only if you need food or sex...LOL

LOLDamn I'd completely forgotten about that part. It's true though. One of those rare albums I can put on repeat without it ever losing any of it's magic.

- Douglas Adams
Andrea Cortese View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Cortese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 10:58
^^^

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 11:04
`Fiaba' sounds very good too, just more...mannered and classy than the first album! Sublime instrumentation, lovely vocals. Doesn't mule-kick you in the balls like the first album, prefers to give you a cuddle!

Procession seem like another Quella - two albums that sound totally different from eachother!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Cortese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 11:06
...David, is that your usual avatar?

How come the plate is ... empty!!??!Ouch
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 11:11
Originally posted by Andrea Cortese Andrea Cortese wrote:

...David, is that your usual avatar?

How come the plate is ... empty!!??!Ouch

LOLNah I am at the point where I don't have any 'usual' avatar anymore. I change it whenever I feel like it.
The plate is empty, because I am on my way to the grillWink 

Btw Andrea: I really digged the Kevin Ayers reviews you did recently. Was a real pleasure to read something about him. May he rest in peace.

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Cortese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 11:19
...you mean you were on your way to the girll weren't you?Tongue

Thanks, I hope I'll start writing again...  those last reviews... quite a long time

Edited by Andrea Cortese - February 21 2014 at 11:20
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 11:44
Lookin' good David!!  LOLThumbs Up

hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 12:04
So strange, Dave, I bought the same bra last week in Paris. 

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Cortese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 12:06
I can't believe it!!!!
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 12:10
LOLLOLLOL

Edited by Finnforest - February 21 2014 at 12:10

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 12:50
I forgot I'd transferred my Mini LP of this to my Ipod, so I'm bringing this classic back around again, organ freaks rejoice!

Metamorfosi - Inferno:

Edited by Aussie-Byrd-Brother - February 21 2014 at 12:50
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 12:57
Wuhuu Kangaroo! I love that album, especially the opening Ouverture. S'got that dirty synth work too, which I am a sucker for. Reminds me a bit of Biglietto's usage of the synth actually.

Btw thanks Jim, I thought it'd go nicely with all the pretty lady avis you flaunt round this place.
Oh and Pierre, you almost made me wet myself when I saw that

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 13:02
Yeah, Dave, just an organ-asm every every damn inch of that album. Totally dig the croony vocals too!

Hmmmm, right now, I'm wondering if you and the duck are getting it on!

No judgement, man! Whatever your trip is, baby!
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 14:12
Now that Jimmy isn't with Le Orme anymore it's about time
for them to complete the trilogy.

Also like the live CD, a performance of their comeback album
played with a massive church organ, which adds a lot of drama to their
sound.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 276277278279280 358>