Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 289290291292293 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2014 at 18:48
I didn't know this photo crossed portuguese borders. It should be banned, including his non prog music. LOL
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2014 at 21:02
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

Jose Cid in person Smile

Put a towel over that album cover!!!
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Andrea Cortese View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Cortese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2014 at 01:19
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

Jose Cid in person Smile

Put a towel over that album cover!!!

this is not the kind of thing one should see early in the morning... now I got up with the wrong foot...
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2014 at 13:03
For everyone who is missing it:

Mats site saved by the wayback machine:

http://web.archive.org/web/20090420033528/http://italianprogrock.com/

Edited by TheH - May 25 2014 at 13:05
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2014 at 13:08
Wow ! Great news TheH. Mats is a legend ! Thanks Thumbs Up
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2014 at 13:11
Just visit it. there are no pictures and the samples don't work. Is it the same for you ? 
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2014 at 13:18

Just visit it. there are no pictures and the samples don't work. Is it the same for you ? 

Sh**! You are right, it's the same for me.

Most likley the robot didn't save the source of the links.

Edited by TheH - May 25 2014 at 13:18
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2014 at 13:20
Pfff ! It's a shame Angry
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2014 at 17:50
Very sad that Mats threw in the towel.  I wonder how expensive it really is to have a site of that size?

Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2014 at 18:04
Some surprising news, considering I always assumed the band was his `baby':

PRESS RELEASE: FABIO ZUFFANTI LEAVE MASCHERA DI CERA

After five albums, twelve years of career and several concerts around the world, bassist and composer Fabio Zuffanti has decided to leave La Maschera Di Cera, the progressive-rock band that the bassist formed in 2002.

The main reason for this choice is the will of Zuffanti to concentrate himself fully on his solo career and on other projects (Hostsonaten, Aries, etc ...).

Fabio would like to thank Alessandro Corvaglia, Agostino Macor, Maurizio Di Tollo and Andrea Monetti for these wonderful years of music and wish them all the best for the future of the band.

Strange that it's after the album that brought them a lot more attention/notoriety/controversy!

But I'm sure there's enough talent and skill in the rest of the band to carry on if they wish to.
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2014 at 18:18
Interesting Michael....I'm not surprised though.  He has so many projects going, I'm surprised he can keep them all straight.  

tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2014 at 22:00
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Interesting Michael....I'm not surprised though.  He has so many projects going, I'm surprised he can keep them all straight.  

Err..Jim, he is Italian ! Cool
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 00:33
Indeed, Zuffanti - a man of many talents......and projects !!
Andrea Cortese View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Cortese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 05:31
Zuffanti...what?? 

I'm surprised!! I really am!!!Shocked

LMdC was the best of his (many) projects.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 05:34
At the very least, guys, I kind of assumed it was the project of his with the most...`status', or recognition?

I've got his new solo album on the way, so I can't say yet if that's so good that it's no surprise some of the other day jobs had to be left aside.
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 05:43
I listened to LMDC once or twice but couldn't quite get into it, but Hostsonaten was such a beautiful revelation for me lately. Maybe I should check LMDC again...
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 11:50
La Quarta Vittima is superb, though he plays no bass! Strange fella ! 
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 17:01
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

After five albums, twelve years of career and several concerts around the world, bassist and composer Fabio Zuffanti has decided to leave La Maschera Di Cera, the progressive-rock band that the bassist formed in 2002.

The main reason for this choice is the will of Zuffanti to concentrate himself fully on his solo career and on other projects (Hostsonaten, Aries, etc ...).

Fabio would like to thank Alessandro Corvaglia, Agostino Macor, Maurizio Di Tollo and Andrea Monetti for these wonderful years of music and wish them all the best for the future of the band.

Strange that it's after the album that brought them a lot more attention/notoriety/controversy!

But I'm sure there's enough talent and skill in the rest of the band to carry on if they wish to.

Edited by progbethyname - May 26 2014 at 17:03
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 17:05
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Guess (F.Z) is gonna focus more on UNREAL CITY and his solo projects.
Focusing more on UNREAL CITY is not something my listening tastes would not have a problem with.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 17:46
I don't think Fabio would have much to actually do with Unreal City, Nick, they're simply on his record label, and I'm sure he only offers advice. Same with other bands like Ozhuitza, etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 289290291292293 358>