Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 292293294295296 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2014 at 09:17
Oh no, that's sad. Think I'll give my Garybaldi and Gleemen albums a spin. R.I.P.

H, just gave that new Astrolabio album a play on the way home, been listening to it for the last week, another one of the years Italian finest! Incredible debut! Please let us know your thoughts when you hear it!   
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2014 at 09:27
^^

Will let you know. I think it's Astrolabio's second album.

You can listen to their first here:

http://www.astrosito.it/mp3/

(it's a free download also)

Edited by TheH - June 07 2014 at 09:31
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2014 at 09:31
I noticed that, H, but I think that's actually a demo, a biography of the band calls it that. The new album features many of the same tracks!

It is absolutely suberb, very energetic album!
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2014 at 09:35
Haven't Gleemen just released an album? A collaboration between Fossati and Marco Zuccheddu?
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2014 at 09:37
^^
Yes they did!
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2014 at 09:40
Did anyone here the Humana Prog album? A new Project by Paolo Farina
who I think is the guy who wrote the Lyrics for Maxophone.

Can't find any samples.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2014 at 09:46
Drawn a blank here too, H.

Sagi, I bought the new Gleemen CD a few months back, but haven't even played it once yet! The samples I heard sounded terrific, so full of fiery guitar! Will make an effort to dig it out, especially now.

I also realised on another thread tonight that I haven't played my Camelia's Garden CD yet either.
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2014 at 09:49
^ Mike please keep me posted about that Gleemen album, I prefer not listening to any samples in this case
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2014 at 10:04
Will do, Sagi! I've left it by my car keys to pop in the car on my way out next!
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2014 at 10:20
Thanks man BTW I ordered Solaris's debut by your recommendation
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2014 at 10:36
Originally posted by Sagichim Sagichim wrote:

Thanks man BTW I ordered Solaris's debut by your recommendation

Oh Sagi, one of the best prog albums of the 80's, up their with Terpandre and Asia Minor's `Between Flesh and Divine'! When I think of 80's prog, I INSTANTLY think of those ones!

Just ask Tom Ozric, he's a massive fan of that one too!
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2014 at 12:28
Just got the Logos masterpiece in the mail, straight from the band, same day as Todd and Aussie reviews, talk about synergetic timing! Amazing album. I am writing a review already, few more spins needed and I will be officially on the bandwagon. This looks like a 2014 killer!  
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2014 at 21:16
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

I noticed that, H, but I think that's actually a demo, a biography of the band calls it that. The new album features many of the same tracks! 

It is absolutely suberb, very energetic album!

Thanks H for the download link.  I like what I have heard so far.  Yes Michael, energetic is perfect description!

Sadly, I am not familiar with Bambi Fossati, what is the best thing to begin with on hearing his work?
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2014 at 23:00
^ My favorites of his are Garibaldi's Astrolabio and the Bambibanda e Melodie album. Gleemen and Garibaldi's Nuda are the next ones. His 80s and 90s albums aren't very good IMO.
"I have seen the broken sky turn blue."

My Gnosis Ratings

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2014 at 01:54
Hey there guys! Some of you might be interested to read a short interview I did for a new Italian prog band Ad Maiora, who play in a number of progressive styles. They were added to the Archives a week or so back, and there's been a few positive reviews already for their debut album.

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=98523

They gave very good responses, and were very nice gentlemen!
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2014 at 02:17
ClapClapClap
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2014 at 03:49
Something deeply italian (Battisti ?) in that portuguese artist. Very very good Thumbs Up

Jorge Palma – Com Uma Viagem na Palma da Mão (1975)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaSHWCWYY2o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhoB9fL1ZWg
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2014 at 04:20
I didn't know that Jorge Palma was into progressive rock in the 70's. Thank you for sharing Smile
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2014 at 04:33
De nada, meu amigo Smile
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2014 at 05:56
Originally posted by TheH TheH wrote:

Did anyone here the Humana Prog album? A new Project by Paolo Farina
who I think is the guy who wrote the Lyrics for Maxophone.

Can't find any samples.

The CD is available here: http://www.btf.it/catalog/product/view/id/21641/s/fiori-frutti-farfalle/, priced at € 16,00.
"38 years since the release of Maxophone’s "Al mancato compleanno di una farfalla" ("At a missed birthday of a butterfly"), the 'butterfly' is back in a 20 minutes prog suite in "HUMANA PROG - Fiori Frutti Farfalle", an album completely written, arranged and sung by Paolo Farina, the poet and musician who wrote the lyrics of the old Maxophone classic. This new project started with the discovery of an old audiotape recorded in '73 with some of his fellow musicians and friends containing a 16-minute demo track piece that was taken up and developed today.

The recording of the 20 minutes suite, "Fiori Frutti Farfalle", was attended by many musicians from Milan and Apulia, including a special appearance by Sergio Lattuada (keyboard player and composer of the new and old Maxophone). The second part of the disc features additional 6 tracks (all written by Farina between '72 and 73 and still unreleased so far) that were recorded in the summer of 2013 in Apulia. The last track of the CD "La ballata degli amici perduti" also features a string quartet.

Musically it is a wonderful and pastoral prog album, dreamy, elegant, and directly linked to the Italian tradition of the seventies, reminding names like Celeste, Locanda delle Fate, Pierrot Lunaire or Claudio Rocchi. Released as a papersleeve CD with a wonderful artwork by Matteo Guarnaccia."

1. Fiori, frutti, farfalle (20:00)
2. Bianco, rosso, verde (3:50)
3. Cerca in te (3:25)
4. Mamma pubblicità (3:50)
5. Nel prato più verde (4:46)
6. Ti chiedo scusa (2:25)
7. La ballata degli amici perduti (4:59)

Line-up:
- Paolo Farina / vocals

With:
- Lele Battista / keyboards, bass guitar, synthesizers (1), choir (1-7)
- Giuseppe Camicia / acoustic guitar (2-3-4-5-6-7), classical guitar (5), choir (3)
- Giorgio Mastrocola/  acoustic guitar  (1)
- Silvio Centamore / drums, percussion (1)
- Antonio Valente / Basque tambourine, bongos (2 -3-4-5-6-7), tablas (3)
- Donato Console / flute  (1-3-4-5)
- Donato Pugliese / violin (1)
- Mimmo de Carlo/  electric and acoustic guitar (1)
- Feyzi Azzurro Brera / violin, viola, cello (7)
- Sandro Esposito / congas, percussion (1)
- Giovanni di Lorenzo / santoor, tampura (3)
- Vito di Carlo / violin (6)
- Francesco Nitti / synthesizer (2)
- Patrizia Cirulli / vocals, choir (1)
- Evasio Muraro / choir (1)
- Renato e Cristina (Gobar) / choir (1)
- Rossana Longo / choir (2-3-6)
- Vincenzo Aversa / choir (3-4-6)
- Andrea Nardelli / choir (2)
- Sergio Lattuada (Maxophone) / harpsichord (1)

Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 292293294295296 358>