Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 330331332333334 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2015 at 10:31
In the mail yesterday...
The Trip - Caronte
Stormy Six - L'Apprendista
Latte Miele - Passio Secundum Mattheum: The Complete Work
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2015 at 11:02
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Originally posted by Todd Todd wrote:

Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Back in February Andrea posted on his blog a band called Bornidol. I just got their new album, and if you like blazing Hammond heavy with soaring synths, you've got to get this!

Todd, how funny you mention this! I just got the CD the other day, and despite there being quite a heavy-prog sound, I think we should consider adding them under RPI? Do you think there's enough in their that falls in our yard? In my opinion there is plenty, and I actually thought little parts of it even sounded like a heavier version of Unreal City?

Yes!

OK, confused now! Yes you think they'd be a good fit for RPI? or yes they sound a little like a heavier version of Unreal City in parts?!

If you think they're a yes for RPI, I could seriously just launch right into doing the add for them, Todd?! I'll have The Badge one ready to go soon, so I could easily jump on Bornidol as well?

Yes to both, il mio RPI fratello. Big smile
"I have seen the broken sky turn blue."

My Gnosis Ratings

Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2015 at 11:10
Originally posted by TheH TheH wrote:

^^ Ah thanks, I misread the post as Maschera di Cera, and so the searches wouldn't have worked! 

Sounds great! I really love Anamorfosi and L'Alveare. Does anyone know if L'Alveare was ever released on CD?

Those two bands are always confused, I think I never posted about Le Machere di Clara anywhere
without someone saying "Oh I thought you ment..."

L'Alveare was only released as a Download and very limited Vinyl....

Thanks H--

When I joined the musicraiser campaign I purchased the Lynch EP download and the autographed CD. I never received a link for the download. Is it not done yet? Did anyone else who joined get the link?

My Gnosis Ratings

andrea View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2015 at 14:06
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2015 at 19:09
Today's mail...
Le Orme - Contrappunti
IL Paese Dei Balocchi - self titled
Pholas Dactylus - Concerto Delle Menti

Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2015 at 19:29
^ Brother, you've got a lot of assimilating to do! But I envy you getting to hear these beauties for the first time. How's the wallet feeling? Wink

My Gnosis Ratings

Pontos View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pontos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2015 at 04:46
Stumbled across this at the record store today. Couldn't find a profile on the site here

Edited by Pontos - May 06 2015 at 04:51
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2015 at 05:19
Originally posted by Pontos Pontos wrote:

Stumbled across this at the record store today. Couldn't find a profile on the site here

It seems this band slipped through the cracks, and was never added to the database... Here's some information found on the Italianprog website (English version): http://www.italianprog.com/a_ut.htm

Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2015 at 08:12
You are unstoppable Gary Clap Do you have time to listen to them all? Tongue

I also got some Italian albums last weekend from altrOck's merchandise table. They came with Syndone (that I highly recommend, by the way), that did a really great performance Thumbs Up

'The Worm Ouroboros' is not Italian but I think it is very interesting for Italian Prog listeners. Am I right Sagi? Wink
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2015 at 09:33

^ Brother, you've got a lot of assimilating to do! But I envy you getting to hear these beauties for the first time. How's the wallet feeling? Wink
A few of my recent purchases are bands I was aware of but the majority are bands that are new to me.
That makes listening to them even better, and I have been doing a lot of listening lately.
As far as the wallet, I think eating three meals a day is overrated.  Big smile
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2015 at 09:54
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

I also got some Italian albums last weekend from altrOck's merchandise table. They came with Syndone (that I highly recommend, by the way), that did a really great performance Thumbs Up

'The Worm Ouroboros' is not Italian but I think it is very interesting for Italian Prog listeners. Am I right Sagi? Wink
I'll probably slow down a little, but not quite yet. Wink  Fortunately, I am retired so I have plenty of time on my hands and what better way is there to spend idle time than listening to new music?
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2015 at 09:59
No better way Wink
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2015 at 10:58
Thumbs Up
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2015 at 11:29
Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

Originally posted by Pontos Pontos wrote:

It seems this band slipped through the cracks, and was never added to the database... Here's some information found on the Italianprog website (English version): http://www.italianprog.com/a_ut.htm

I'd seen that one--I think it caught my eye because of the New Trolls Atomic System album title, frankly. I had never heard it, though. Based on Augosto's description and the couple of tracks on YouTube, I'm not sure it should be on the site--not much prog to my ears. Lovely, no doubt, and I really enjoy this stuff. See what you think--this is one of the pieces with the most prog, according to Augusto:

My Gnosis Ratings

Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2015 at 11:31
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

Those are some excellent titles! I agree that the Worm Ouroboros album should be loved by RPI fans.

My Gnosis Ratings

Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2015 at 17:32
Originally posted by TeleStrat TeleStrat wrote:

I'll probably slow down a little, but not quite yet. Wink  Fortunately, I am retired so I have plenty of time on my hands and what better way is there to spend idle time than listening to new music?
Pierre said it all. Have fun then Big smile

Those are some excellent titles! I agree that the Worm Ouroboros album should be loved by RPI fans.
Indeed! I only had one RPI album, so I still have to get a lot of great Italian albums, but I think it's a good start Smile I might follow Gary's example someday LOL
Their debut album is incredibly good, it will be tough for them to surpass themselves Smile
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2015 at 19:21
I received the self titled debut by La Maschera Di Cera today and it is excellent.
It is a heavy album overall that demands your attention and the musicianship is outstanding.
The flute is very nicely done.
I have Luxade and Le Porte Del Domani (the Italian version) and next will be IL Grande Labirinto.
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2015 at 11:28
Barabba Canti del Vangelo Secondo Barabba album cover

Still a big favorite after all theses years, Heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymK-R1saC80

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W03dQPHHg7o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJgct9feIkg

TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2015 at 16:04

Originally posted by TheH TheH wrote:

^^ Ah thanks, I misread the post as Maschera di Cera, and so the searches wouldn't have worked! 

Sounds great! I really love Anamorfosi and L'Alveare. Does anyone know if L'Alveare was ever released on CD?

Those two bands are always confused, I think I never posted about Le Machere di Clara anywhere
without someone saying "Oh I thought you ment..."

L'Alveare was only released as a Download and very limited Vinyl....

Thanks H--

When I joined the musicraiser campaign I purchased the Lynch EP download and the autographed CD. I never received a link for the download. Is it not done yet? Did anyone else who joined get the link?

Haven't received anything too yet. Maybe it will be more info at the end of the campaign.
(which doesn't go very strong so far)
logosprog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logosprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2015 at 06:39

Hey guys,
  our old albums Logos (1999) and Ásrava (2001) are now available for download on our pages.

Check them out,
Logos
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 330331332333334 358>