Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Favorite Klaus Schulze album

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Favorite Klaus Schulze album?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [4.88%]
4 [9.76%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.44%]
7 [17.07%]
6 [14.63%]
3 [7.32%]
3 [7.32%]
1 [2.44%]
10 [24.39%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.44%]
1 [2.44%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.44%]
1 [2.44%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Davesax1965 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favorite Klaus Schulze album
    Posted: May 18 2018 at 06:08
Thank you, Kind Sir. ;-)

Yes, this was just "three modular synths having a chat", we didn't add any extra instrumentation (ie solo instruments) so that's why it's a free download. ;-) 

Totally spontaneous, no planning whatsoever.

More to follow. I can only record sax at full volume in a studio, so that's one of the delays. 

BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2018 at 19:25
Originally posted by Davesax1965 Davesax1965 wrote:

Timewind for me. 

Talking of which. 

After two and a half years of soldering up the modular synth, it was finished enough to have a jam with my brother. The result sounds something like Klaus Schultze / 1974 Tangerine Dream. 

Anyway, we recorded the jam session, live, just normalised it in Cubase, and we've made 26 minutes of it available as a free download. Feel free to grab it, we'll be releasing more jam sessions in future. 

Link here 
https://brotherhoodofthemachine.bandcamp.com/album/modular-synth-jam-1-free-download

Nice work, brothers Francis! It's a little rudimentary but you're on the right path! Keep it up and I'll keep listening!
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
Davesax1965 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2018 at 06:15
Timewind for me. 

Talking of which. 

After two and a half years of soldering up the modular synth, it was finished enough to have a jam with my brother. The result sounds something like Klaus Schultze / 1974 Tangerine Dream. 

Anyway, we recorded the jam session, live, just normalised it in Cubase, and we've made 26 minutes of it available as a free download. Feel free to grab it, we'll be releasing more jam sessions in future. 

Link here 
https://brotherhoodofthemachine.bandcamp.com/album/modular-synth-jam-1-free-download

someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2018 at 04:13
Mirage > Timewind > Picture Music
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2018 at 01:22
I'm listening to the eleventh, Trancefer, right now and I think it's really good.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2018 at 15:07

The first ten are all essential. 

Gotta go with X though. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2018 at 03:27
Picture Music gets me every time, though Cyborg and Timewind are outstanding too.
ALotOfBottle View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALotOfBottle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2018 at 00:01
Cyborg followed by Mirage.
Categories strain, crack and sometimes break, under their burden - step out of the space provided.
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2018 at 19:51
I'm in Audentity tonight. Sebastian, the last side of this double record, is 28 mn of pure dream.
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2018 at 19:17
difficult. I have a certain love for "Cyborg" since this is the music Friede and I first made love to Embarrassed. but "Mirage" and "Picture Music"are definitely favorites of me too

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2018 at 19:15
Mirage aka the album that inspired Steve Roach's sound on Now, Traveler and Empetus.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2018 at 19:11
No idea, Timewind maybe.
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2018 at 19:07
i am really only just getting started getting to know the work of this GENIUS of an artist (as I listen to "the Theme: The Rhodes Elegy"). I find little that I dislike but I cannot get past how blown away I am by the sound quality, composition complexity, emotional expressiveness, and the incorporation of symphonic instruments in the album "X." Amazing!

P.S. I'd love to see more people post reviews of his albums!

Edited by BrufordFreak - May 09 2018 at 19:09
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
Jazzywoman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazzywoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2011 at 18:52
Timewind!

akamaisondufromage View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akamaisondufromage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2011 at 14:13
X hits the spot.
Help me I'm falling!
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2011 at 20:53
Hi,

Wow ... and you listed these in order ... that was cool and I am impressed, and Thumbs Up Hug Clap

I would have added Das Rheingold to the list. It is not one of the "favorites" but you have to credit the fact that it was done live and "out there" ... and that is something that is very scary, but for Klaus ... no worries, and he sounded excellent and looked very well through out the whole thing. Lisa was good, but the adjustments and the music itself is the real thing, and it tells you how sensitive he is to adjustments and detail while the music is playing ... which can be mind wrecking ... and on top of it, he is his own engineer and mixer!

I absolutely love "X" ... and have gone through 2 LP's on it already, and have finally mp3'd the CD, because I have to get another one. I also love a lot, "Audentity" and specially Sebastian en Traum ... which is out of this world.

The other one, that is less appreciated, but you listed, is "In Blue" ... and of course, it has a lot of Manuel Gottsching in there, and what a massively incredible piece of music that is, and a guitarist that is not afraid to let go ...  and I seriously doubt that the majority of "progressive" or "prog" guitarists would last more than a couple of minutes here, before running out of things to do on the guitar.

As I have mentioned before, Klaus is one of the few "true" synthesizer composers left, because he is not using the synthesizer as a DAW or Orchestra replacement, and instead is trying to create tapestries off each individual sound that he creates, and then he might add the equivalent of a "solo" over it all, and that is the only part of Klaus that is recognizeable in his work, and even then, it is often so well buried and marked that ... you can find it, or see it, when you see the Rheingold DVD, but otherwise are likely to never think about it at all.

Probably the only artist I would love to see the most, before I leave this earth ... or he leaves us, because there is no music in my life that has lit up more inspiration for me than this massive amount of work. If I can write "one tenth" as much as he has created, I would be very happy and satisfied with my life!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2011 at 20:50
Moondawn, with Mirage a close second
stonebeard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonebeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2011 at 19:46
Mirage. In my top 5 electronic/ambient albums of all time.
Anthony H. View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2011 at 18:50
Timewind.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2011 at 17:53
It could be any of 5 or 6 albums for me, but today I´m going with Body Love pt 1. A stroke of genius that truly reflects the sensuousness of the movie and has a life of its own.
Putting Cyborg on right now as an electronic lullaby. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>