Poll Question: Which?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
41 [48.24%]
44 [51.76%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2018 at 02:06
A Change of Seasons

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 09:42
the result of this poll is a huge surprise for me, I do not understand... Confused
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 10:13
Where did this ancient poll come from and what happened to all the members who voted in it?
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 11:01
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Where did this ancient poll come from and what happened to all the members who voted in it?

I resurrected it, but ACOS got a few votes, now it's a tie. LOL
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 11:15
And I voted for ACOS before l realised the poll was from the year one.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 11:21
Man I miss SnowDog, The Quiet One, The "T" and Jampa, he might be at MMA.........
A Crimson Mellotron View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 11:22
I resurrected it, but ACOS got a few votes, now it's a tie. LOL[/QUOTE]
Thank you for doing so!
But Octavarium's in the lead again with my vote Tongue
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 11:23
Originally posted by A Crimson Mellotron A Crimson Mellotron wrote:

Thank you for doing so!
[/QUOTE]
My vote before your put it at 40...........2 up now!!Clap
A Crimson Mellotron View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 11:23

They progged too much... Wacko
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 11:27

I was wondering the same thing. I barely know any of the forum members who voted on Page 1 of this poll. Confused
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 11:41
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. I barely know any of the forum members who voted on Page 1 of this poll. Confused
That's why I think certain threads should be opened up again, so you can read about what these folks thought about. It really gives you a different perspective on PA, since I started lurking here around 2007-08 everyone that I would chat with is what 12yrs older now...And even back then some of the commentary was pretty forward thinking. 
I mean I vividly remember discussing Porcupine Tree and their effect on the progressive rock world, as well bands like Riverside, Spocks Beard and heck even Steven Wilson had not yet released his first solo album yet.

I regularly go back in time on threads and read stuff....its pretty cool.

Edited by Catcher10 - October 17 2020 at 11:43
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 11:42
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Originally posted by A Crimson Mellotron A Crimson Mellotron wrote:

Thank you for doing so!

My vote before your put it at 40...........2 up now!!Clap
[/QUOTE] l was going to say it's not over yet but I'm not sure that people know these old albums!
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 11:51
Tough one, i'd probably prefer in the presence of enemies over both of these actually.
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 13:19
Ocatavarium in the lead again.

I don't get it, so people love the Pink Floyd pastiche to the original DT epic. I don't get it...

Oh, well... 
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 13:38
I kinda agree ^ Octarvarium honestly takes like 12 minutes to really get going. None of its bad, but I don't think its the holy grail of Dream Theater songs.
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 17:21
Actually I'm no great fan of either. Octarvarium is too bloated and a departure from Dream Theater being a metal band, while I think Dream Theater did better things than Change Of Seasons on the Falling Into Infinity album, such as songs like Hollow Years and Peruvian Years.
Awesoreno View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awesoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 23:05
^*Peruvian Skies

Coincidentally, I listened to Octavarium today. And funny enough, I just noticed that intro is VERY PF. However, the comparison ends after that intro. The rest is kind of just symphy metal, with a typical complicated DT instrumental part in the middle. Most of it kind of has a Genesis/Queen vibe to me.
iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 00:13
Originally posted by Awesoreno Awesoreno wrote:

^*Peruvian Skies

Coincidentally, I listened to Octavarium today. And funny enough, I just noticed that intro is VERY PF. However, the comparison ends after that intro. The rest is kind of just symphy metal, with a typical complicated DT instrumental part in the middle. Most of it kind of has a Genesis/Queen vibe to me.

Yeah. Peruvian Skies is very PF as well. That was the sort of stuff Dream Theater was doing at the time. I don't mind the PF touch. I just don't like it when as in Octavarium the songs go on for too long. Dream Theater has a habit of doing that. However the last couple of albums (including The Astonishing) the songs are much shorter and there's more to take in. 
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2020 at 13:28
A Change Of Seasons
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
essexboyinwales View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 06:53
Octavarium, although for some reason my vote didn't register.

ACOS has never worked that well for me.

Metropolis pt 1, The Best Of Times, The Count Of Tuscany, Six Degrees, and Octavarium are all classic epics from DT for me😎
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123