Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rausch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAUSCH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rausch
    Posted: August 01 2010 at 14:13
RAUSCH View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAUSCH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2010 at 18:43
PS I have subsequently been advised to add here, a request to be added to your evaluation chart for "Cross-Over Prog"... though the choice is ultimately yours. Thank you kindly!

-Doug
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2010 at 06:06
Checking asap, thanks! 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2010 at 08:01
I'm asking the Crossover team for an evaluation Thumbs Up
RAUSCH View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAUSCH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2010 at 13:48
This is MUCH appreciated! Smile

Please keep me posted!

Onward with the SAVING OF MUSIC HISTORY...

avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avestin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2010 at 21:40
I was contacted by Doug a while back and I told him to post here, I hope this suggestion works out and he gets added; I support his addition in any case. I have his album, it's a fine mix of rock with pop sensibilities along with more intricate song structure and musical ornamentation and layering. Very entertaining music. 
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Windhawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2010 at 01:37
Fine music indeed. However, the Crossover team feels this material resides more within the indie rock segment than the progressive one, and don't find it natural to include it in their part of the database for that reason.
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
RAUSCH View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAUSCH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2010 at 23:14
Thanks, Windhawk - how do we bring this to their attention?

Thanks!

Doug
RAUSCH View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAUSCH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2010 at 23:04
Please oblige another follow-up, if you would be so kind:  can anyone please assist with the situation per above? 

Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2010 at 05:23
^ We don't have any Indie Team.  As far as I know Indie is not a subgenre of Prog so I think  what Olav (Windhawk) meant is that you're not Prog enough to be included in our database. Sorry.
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
RAUSCH View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAUSCH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2010 at 10:14
not prog enough - really??? Are we sure there's no mistake here?

I just received notification i'm about to be placed in the progressive ears database as an artist (w/ review), not to mention the countless other smaller prog organizations I have been featured in  - sea of tranquility, DPRP, ...I could compile the whole list if need be but here's 2:

www.dprp.net/reviews/201055.php

I really don't mean to waste anyone's time here, but this is shocking - would I be able to make an appeal to somebody?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2010 at 10:22
I'll give to music another listen to see if another genre assignation would be possible (the Crossover Prog guys have indeed voted "No"). 
RAUSCH View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAUSCH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2010 at 21:26
Thank you Alex, this means a lot to me. I see that bands such as Queen and Muse are classified as "prog related", and my music draws many comparisons to them from others; at the very least I would hope to receive a 'prog related' designation!

Sincerely,

Doug
Marty McFly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty McFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2010 at 03:33
I think that for Prog-related, you have to be influental, which is why Queen or Led Zeppelin got there.
There's a point where "avant-garde" and "experimental" becomes "terrible" and "pointless,"

-Andyman1125 on Lulu

Even my
CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCVP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2010 at 04:35
lolwhat? Not prog enough?

Ermm
Marty McFly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty McFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2010 at 08:24
^ Talking about Rausch or Queen ?
There's a point where "avant-garde" and "experimental" becomes "terrible" and "pointless,"

-Andyman1125 on Lulu

Even my
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2010 at 09:01
I can't see why the Crossover Prog team has rejected this band suggestion, I think X-over was the perfect place. I'll give it a try with the other Art Rock category team, the Eclectic Prog team. 
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avestin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2010 at 08:02
Originally posted by harmonium.ro harmonium.ro wrote:

I can't see why the Crossover Prog team has rejected this band suggestion, I think X-over was the perfect place.

I agree, I was also surprised he was rejected by cross-over.
But since it was their final say, not much I couldn't do much about it and I don't see it fitting in any other place here.
RAUSCH View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAUSCH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2010 at 10:48
Yes indeed; I tread a fine line at the risk of sounding like every other artist expressing "typical artist anguish" over a door being closed, but this time I really must say I am stunned by this Cross-over "rejection." I have spent the past 6 years of my life preparing what I had felt would be the quintessential offering for this very purpose Cry

To all: Is it true that to be "let in" via the "Prog Related" category, you can only get there with a certain level of "clout"? This is kind of silly, again not to appear egotistical, but sooner or later I am certain RAUSCH will be checked in here one way or another; I had just really hoped it could be sooner than later ...

Thank you for your continued efforts, guys...

CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCVP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2010 at 18:17
Originally posted by Marty McFly Marty McFly wrote:

^ Talking about Rausch or Queen ?

Rausch. The crossover has added bands that aare much less progressive and some bands that i simply cannot understand how the hell they got in. Reject this band is inconsistent, for the very least.

Edited by CCVP - November 23 2010 at 18:17
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>