Topic ClosedTwo new Phideaux tracks released digitally

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two new Phideaux tracks released digitally
    Posted: August 05 2010 at 19:39
Howdy folks,

I am in the midst of making a new album called "Snowtorch". It's a long single song, sort of like A Passion Play. Therefore, some of the tracks planned for the album release have fallen away since they no longer have a place within this single song cycle. So, in lieu of a physical release at this time, we make the songs available digitally:

someone contacted me on Facebook a few days ago and suggested that I release "Tempest Of Mutiny" as a digital single via itunes. After some thought I agreed this was a good idea because the inclusion of this unreleased track on our compilation album is some months away. Tempest Of Mutiny is a song that I dearly love, but it is also a song that has not fit into the scheme of any of our previous albums. It was recorded at the same time as Doomsday Afternoon. In fact, it is from working on this song that I met Johnny Unicorn who is currently with the Phideaux band. However, most of the other people on the song are from a lost weekend... The drummer was Jabari Parker, an awesome L.A. drummer who is a big Peart fan! Bass was handled by Joel Weinstein, who also then guested on Doomsday. Most of the electric guitar and production was by Rich Mouser, whose wife played flute. Rounding out this track was singer Ann Burstyn from Dream Aria. The song was recorded for a compilation to be released by Cypherarts.com. However, I don't think this has come out yet!

Meanwhile you can purchase MP3 of the song here:
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/phideaux10
or FLAC (lossless format) here:
http://www.phideaux.bandcamp.com/

Second song: "Strange Cloud" was recorded for a Musea/Colossus compilation called "Purgatorio" based on Dante's Purgatory. This song contains all the men of Phideaux, but none of the women. An increasingly rare opportunity to hear me sing without the wonderful adornments of my beautiful female bandmates. This song was intended for release on our new album as well, but fell off once we decided to expand the main song into a whole album of its own. You can expect to find this on our odds and sods album towards the end of the year -- hopefully around November/December?

Meanwhile you can purchase MP3 of the song here:
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/phideaux11
or FLAC (lossless format) here:
http://www.phideaux.bandcamp.com/

-------------
In memory of "Number Seven" our 2009 album of sinister twiddling and hyperbolicism!
http://www.myspace.com/phideaux
http://www.bloodfish.com
Clepsydra View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2010 at 21:21
Thank you!
Just downloaded both!
The Truth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2010 at 21:23
I'll be sure to check these out, can't wait for Snowtorch ClapYou sir, are an extraordinary musician.

EDIT: But I must ask, I see Strange Cloud on iTunes but no Tempest.  Is it planning to be released there?

Edited by The Truth - August 05 2010 at 21:26
TheGazzardian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2010 at 21:25
Awesome news as far as I am concerned, downloading them now :). Also, I'm pleased to see you guys have a bandcamp now - since I discovered that website, I can't help but love it. Much better than MySpace, imo.
monarch7 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2010 at 22:10

awesomeness!! phideaux is one of my favs!!!

"If you walk away without question will you recognize what you see? On the morning of the disaster that is vaster than you'd believe" -Phideuax
ingmin68 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2010 at 08:01
Hey!!!! - Just downloaded both songs! Tempest of Mutiny is really a blowing rocker, Strange Cloud also an immediate Phideaux classic!! Great Phideaux, great music, what a joy
natewait View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2010 at 18:37
I downloaded both of them as well! I love them both, with Tempest of Mutiny as my clear favorite. It is so exciting to get any new Phideaux music, I can't wait for Snowtorch!

Please check out my Progressive Music Blog: The Leviathan.
Phideaux View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2010 at 19:32
Nate, thanks for that.  Tempest is definitely a case of the right place/right time.  Something came together very easily for that song.  It's weird.   That's why it is so hard to fit it on any of our albums, which are prone to "difficulties"!
Thanks to everyone for the support.
xomawww View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2011 at 06:05
can't wait u relise the new album(s)
ferguson View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2011 at 03:42
New album is just awesome! By the way, read the interview with Phideaux in Koid 9 :) that was a bit surprising to me :)
 Post Reply Post Reply