Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKornet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kornet
    Posted: August 14 2010 at 23:17
for jazz fusion...........1977.............fritt fall..........thanks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfeW-V-nmSM&feature=related
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2010 at 02:13
Wonderful jazzy technique and texture! Clap

Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2010 at 07:21
What a coincidence! I just came by their debut album and was about to suggest them. Sounds like an obvious addition, but I couldn't find any information on them except for the discography.
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2010 at 08:40
Nice find, the samples are superb! I'll ask the JRF for an evaluation. Thumbs Up
Alucard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2010 at 11:56
GReat Stuff!Thumbs Up

There is a discography on Discogs and here is a bio in Swedish. Is someone able to translate this?

Kornet
Bild: Kornet Kornet var en poppig jazzrock grupp som bildades vid Framnäs folkhögskola 1974. Manifest som gav ut deras två första skivor beskriver deras musik som ”En ordlös lek med toner som till ca 70% improviseras fram från gång till gång kring teman och figurer. Kornet smeker dig inte medörs. Dom kräver att du lyssnar på dem och försöker vara med i deras upplevelse.” Manifest beskriver Kornets musik som pop-jazz, vilket stämmer ganska bra musikmässigt, men även p.g.a. att grabbarna var uppväxta med poppen men ville spela jazz. Det gemensamma för alla i kornet är att samtliga av dem har tidigare lirat dansmusik tills att de tröttnade på det totalt. Allan i gruppen hart även spelat jazz i olika former ända sedan 40-talet.

Av deras tre Lp skivor anses den första oftast vara deras bästa. Skivan ” Digital Master/Direct Cut” är en experimentskiva för att jämföra skillnaden mellan att spela in digitalt och analogt. A-sidan är inspelad med PCM-teknik digitalt i Metronomes studio i Stockholm 12-13 juni 1979 och sägs vara den första digitala skivinspelningen i Sverige. B-sidan är inspelat med direktgravering vilket ansågs vara den bästa analoga inspelningstekniken.

Edited by Alucard - August 16 2010 at 12:33
Tadpoles keep screaming in my ear
"Hey there! Rotter's Club!
Explain the meaning of this song and share it"

gr8dane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2010 at 12:19
Great band indeed.

Shake & bake.
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2010 at 12:09
I was wondering about their status?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2010 at 18:09
went to the charts where i could not find the band......

Edited by timothy leary - September 06 2010 at 19:25
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2010 at 18:14
Originally posted by Alucard Alucard wrote:

GReat Stuff!Thumbs Up

There is a discography on Discogs and here is a bio in Swedish. Is someone able to translate this?

Kornet
Bild: Kornet Kornet var en poppig jazzrock grupp som bildades vid Framnäs folkhögskola 1974. Manifest som gav ut deras två första skivor beskriver deras musik som ”En ordlös lek med toner som till ca 70% improviseras fram från gång till gång kring teman och figurer. Kornet smeker dig inte medörs. Dom kräver att du lyssnar på dem och försöker vara med i deras upplevelse.” Manifest beskriver Kornets musik som pop-jazz, vilket stämmer ganska bra musikmässigt, men även p.g.a. att grabbarna var uppväxta med poppen men ville spela jazz. Det gemensamma för alla i kornet är att samtliga av dem har tidigare lirat dansmusik tills att de tröttnade på det totalt. Allan i gruppen hart även spelat jazz i olika former ända sedan 40-talet.

Av deras tre Lp skivor anses den första oftast vara deras bästa. Skivan ” Digital Master/Direct Cut” är en experimentskiva för att jämföra skillnaden mellan att spela in digitalt och analogt. A-sidan är inspelad med PCM-teknik digitalt i Metronomes studio i Stockholm 12-13 juni 1979 och sägs vara den första digitala skivinspelningen i Sverige. B-sidan är inspelat med direktgravering vilket ansågs vara den bästa analoga inspelningstekniken.

Picture: The barley the barley was one poppig jazz coat group that was formed at Framnäs adult education college 1974. Manifestos that gave out their two first records describe their musics that” a word loose game with tonnes that to approximately 70% to be improvized forward from time to time around themes and characters. The barley does not caress you medörs. Judgement requires that you listen on them and tries to last with in their experience.” Manifestos describe the barley's musics that pop-jazz, what agrees quite good musikmässigt, but also p.g.a. that the guys were uppväxta with poppen but wanted to play jazz. The common for everyone in the barley is that all of them has earlier lirat dance music until that they got tired on it total. Allan in the group hart also played jazz in different shapes right to since 40-talet.
Of their three Lp records are considered the first most often product their best. The record” digital masts/Direct Cut” is an experiment record stem to compare the difference between playing in digitally and analogue. A-sidan is inspelad with PCM-teknik digital in Metronomes studio in Stockholm June 12-13, 1979 and is said last the the first digital record production in Sweden. B-sidan is inspelat with direct grave dial vilket was considered last the the best analogue production technology. 
Alucard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2010 at 07:21
Originally posted by timothy leary timothy leary wrote:

The band is approved and we just try to clean up a little the bio before adding the band
BTW thanx for your translation!
Martin
Tadpoles keep screaming in my ear
"Hey there! Rotter's Club!
Explain the meaning of this song and share it"

DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2010 at 17:51
Originally posted by Alucard Alucard wrote:

Originally posted by timothy leary timothy leary wrote:

The band is approved and we just try to clean up a little the bio before adding the band
BTW thanx for your translation!
Martin
Clap
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2010 at 17:57
thanks......now if I can get cangaceiro on the archives, I did email the band but never received a reply....probably won`t either but I think they do deserve to be here, perhaps going off their myspace someone who speaks spanish can fill in the blanks
 Post Reply Post Reply