Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPeter Hammill selling stuff on E-Bay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Peter Hammill selling stuff on E-Bay
    Posted: August 15 2010 at 09:30
according to this note from Peter Hammill some of the stuff which is taking up room in his studio is now for sale on E-Bay:

Just checking in.... The VdGG is now nearing the end of the dubbing stage, although even at this point we're throwing up prompts and questions for each other from our respective dug-outs! Mixing should start in September. Who knows when that'll be finished or, indeed, when or how it'll be out. Interesting stuff, though!

Japan was, er, intense. And hard, but very satisfying work. More about that and other stuff will be incoming soon.

Meanwhile at long last I'm rationalising and therefore downsizing my studio stuff. Yay! That means an Ebay presence of course. Now as you'll all know I'm heavily reluctant in  the making-myself-known-in-cyberspace stakes (no myspace, facebook &c profiles) but I think I'd be a bit lax toward the PH cyber-community if I didn't let you know that I was putting stuff up for sale. None of what's up there at the moment is of *particular* importance or connection to Sofa Sound or the successor-name Terra Incognita though some of it *is* of genuine interest to Gear Freaks. (I may well, later, be putting up stuff which was at one time quite important in the making of various tracks of course...) Well, I'm genuinely not trying to ramp up prices here - but if you're interested then (oh! god! here goes my privacy and you'll all know - and probably discuss - anytime I buy, sell or bid on anything)  my user id on Ebay.co.uk is  fie!recordsman (subtle, what?). So if you do a search for that you'll find the items currently on sale as well as any others upcoming.

As and when "interesting" stuff is going up in the future I'll try to make a note of it here. And basically all of this means that I'm not going to say exactly who I am or big up the provenance of stuff right there on the front pages of Ebay, but you'll all know anyway....

I've found the Ebay site an invaluable resource over the years, as, indeed, has HB. But I'm sure he'd agree with me that you should only bid for something if you actually want/can use it and should only bid what you can afford! Dad-type lecture over, have a look if you're interested, lots of nice pictures of 19" rack stuff ;-)....

Edited by BaldJean - August 15 2010 at 09:30

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2010 at 09:45
Go for it...buy some stuff.
himtroy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2010 at 13:10
Yeah I'm sure it won't be outrageously expensive.....wait no it will.
Which of you to gain me, tell, will risk uncertain pains of hell?
I will not forgive you if you will not take the chance.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2010 at 13:32
Cool.

Wish I could afford any of it.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
 Post Reply Post Reply