Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Red Masque etc. play Philadelphia, PA,USA -16 Aug
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRed Masque etc. play Philadelphia, PA,USA -16 Aug

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red Masque etc. play Philadelphia, PA,USA -16 Aug
    Posted: August 15 2010 at 10:47
August 16 
8 PM Sharp. $8 

(The Red Masque will be going on first at 8 PM sharp and we'll be debuting a new song as well. We are currently working with some new musicians so this will be a "lite" line-up (i.e. as a three-piece) so this will be a neat opportunity to hear the band with some alternately arranged versions of our songs. After this gig we won't be playing out again until the full-band is ready to gig) 

North Star Bar 
2639 Poplar Street 
Philadelphia, PA 

The bands: 

RADIO ERIS (philly) 

Founded in 1999 by Lora Bloom and Matt Stevenson, the thriving band of veteran cozmik rockers features Dan "Redbeard" Baker on guitar, the mysterious Kenny on synthesizers and noise, and Brad Rothman on drums. They have released 5 albums, run out of gas on the A-4 in eastern France, bought a house, hung out with members of Hawkwind, toured the South in a midnight-blue van in August, and had any number of other adventures across the last decade. 

DEEP MACHINE (from Tennessee) 

Deep Machine is breaking musical ground with their blend of rock and electronic fusion. Their combination of melodic guitar riffs and driving synth countermelodies infused with groovy alien time signatures has been pushing new boundaries since late 2008. 

THE RED MASQUE (philly) 

The Red Masque is an original avant / progressive rock band from the Philadelphia area. Part art, part alchemy, the group's experimental songwriting style is both angular and eerie, accented by freeform space rock improvisations, intricate acoustics, dark atmospherics and chunky riffs. Unconventional and eccentric in musical form, the sophisticatedly sinister The Red Masque fuses together such disparate musical references as horror movie soundtracks, rock-in-opposition, zeuhl, heavy rock, gothic, psychedelia and kraut rock. 

------------- 
The Red Masque 
http://www.theredmasque.com 
Look for us on RERUSA.com, iTunes, eMusic and MySpace 

harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2010 at 12:27
Unfortunately I can't make it... Good luck with the gig! Thumbs Up
velvet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2010 at 14:15
eh, I just got word it might be getting cancelled. Deep Machine's drummer had a death in the family and they had to cancel the tour. I'm talking with the promoter now to see if they still want to do the show or reschedule..... I will let you all know
velvet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2010 at 14:41
yup, show has been cancelled. they are going to reschedule it in the fall so I'll post the details when I have something concrete......
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2010 at 14:48
Sorry to hear that...
 Post Reply Post Reply