Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhy Budgie In , and Dust Out of Pa !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why Budgie In , and Dust Out of Pa !
    Posted: August 24 2010 at 17:01
  Budgie & Dust has the Same Style of Music . So , why Budgie are in our Data , and Dust Are Not !!
  Addressed to all of you pa's friends , and not only to Pro's of this Site !  Angry 
Tracking Tracks of Rock
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2010 at 17:16
This forum is intended for acts already included in Prog categories.  Dust is not here, and Budgie would be misplaced in this forum because it is in Prog Related.

I'm moving this topic to "I have a Question for You". If you wish to provide a case for Dust, and present links to evaluate the artist (music and info), please start a topic in Suggest New Bands.

I cannot speak for Dust, and each act must be evaluated on its own merits, but Budgie is here because it's been suggested and discussed at length, and a  Special Collaborator made a strong case to admin for its approval, which was accepted.  It took effort.  As you should know, it is not easy getting into Prog Related and requires special measures and there are strict criteria where each option must be satisfied.

Edited by Logan - August 24 2010 at 17:18
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2010 at 02:22
Given that he's suggesting Dust should be added, i think this sits best in "Suggest new bands". Let's see if a case develops here.Big smile
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2010 at 04:17
..or does the Dust settle........
Kentucky_Hawkwindage View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2014 at 10:20
Hmmm...I know this is an old thread,but did Dust ever make it into PA? Seems to me the Band could atleast be labeled as prog related? Or am i going insane(no radio)?
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2014 at 12:03
Originally posted by Kentucky_Hawkwindage Kentucky_Hawkwindage wrote:

Hmmm...I know this is an old thread,but did Dust ever make it into PA? Seems to me the Band could atleast be labeled as prog related? Or am i going insane(no radio)?

I cannot believe you have resurrected a four year old thread to ask a question which could have been solved very easily.

Now.......attempts not to speak as if to  a two year old:

Go to the front page. This is the first page of progarchives.com. We also call it the home page.

Go to the section labelled artists. This is where we look at artists added, or search to see if an artist has been added.

Go to D, and click on this. This is because Dust starts with..........a D.

When we get to artists whose name starts with a D, scroll down to DU. This is because, very helpfully in my opinion, the artists are listed in alphabetical order.

Look for Dust. I have very helpfully, I think, already been through all of these phases, so as not to overly burden you.

My thorough investigations have revealed that Dust have not been added. Should you wish to do suggest them, then  please go ahead, although I personally would not waste my time.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2014 at 13:10
I presume we are talking about one of the American 'Dust's rather than the British ones (there were actually quite a few bands called 'Dust')?

This is the most well-known one:

And that's their full discography, so comments please guys...  Tongue
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2014 at 13:30
Almost four effing years... 

If it's prog related and it wasn't effing important then and no one has effing missed their effing presence here in the intervening four effing years then it's not effing important now.

If you want to review their albums then go to RYM. If just you want to talk about them then go to General Music Discussions. If you just want to look at a poorly written biography, pretty crappy band picture and possibly complete but not especially accurate discography then search the internet... have I missed anything?

So they sound like Budgie. (really? they don't). But even if they did, so what? If that is the only reason anyone can think of for suggesting them then no SC who has any sense is going to suggest them to the Admins.

What?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2014 at 14:35

Golly gee didn't stop to think i would cause anger by asking a question? I fully know that i could have went through the very detailed steps by going to D and scrolling down until Dust was to be found or not. Well believe it or not but i just might resurrect more old threads-so watch out.......And yes i'm speaking about the Dust yam yam is referring too.....Guess i'll go sit in time out for awhile......i've been such a naughty boy.....

Chris S View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2014 at 14:42
^ yes, it seems like very harsh admonishing.....do stick around. There are tons of bands here to enjoy. Careful where you tread......Approve
<font color=Brown>Music - The Sound Librarian

...As I venture through the slipstream, between the viaducts in your dreams...[/COLOR]
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2014 at 14:48
Originally posted by Chris S Chris S wrote:

^ yes, it seems like very harsh admonishing.....do stick around..

Chris, under normal circumstances, I would bow to your better judgement and issue an unreserved apology if I had treated anyone overly harshly.

However, be fair, it was a bloody dozy question. I would not have minded so much if he had said, "why are Dust not on Pa, because.....".

Then I would just have left him to Dean to sort outLOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2014 at 15:10
If you guys want me go i'll leave...I was just beginning to feel comfortable here though until now. I will say in my own defense i was simply asking a question with a crude attempt at some humor.I'm not stupid or ignorant i assure you even though you seem to have judged me to be.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2014 at 15:34

If you guys want me go i'll leave...I was just beginning to feel comfortable here though until now. I will say in my own defense i was simply asking a question with a crude attempt at some humor.I'm not stupid or ignorant i assure you even though you seem to have judged me to be.

Nobody wants you to leave. I do not believe you are stupid or ignorant, just guilty of asking a dozy question.

I know it isn't easy, but try not to be so thin skinned, and ŷour time here will be more enjoyable.
bhikkhu View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2014 at 15:52

Don't let this put you off the whole site KH. Sometimes the veterans around here get annoyed when old arguments are dredged up again. Don't take it personally. Once you have been around for a while I am sure there will be some recurring debates that make you say, "Oh man, this again?" We want you here so please stick around. Smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2014 at 15:57
Ok-i guess i'll stick around but i'm not sure what dozy means,i assume it means silly,stupid or something to that effect.
I like prog as much as anyone,i have no one at work with whom to discuss music with or who cares about what albums i've listened to or what i'm listening to now,etc.I work with a bunch of hillbilly rednecks that listen to country music.This is the only place i have for music discussion.I'll try not to be a comedian anymore.......apparently i suck at itLOL  I'm willing to forgive and forgetSmile 

Edited by Kentucky_Hawkwindage - March 15 2014 at 16:00
Chris S View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2014 at 17:25
^ hey good to hear we all mean well, and don 't knock country music too much, Emmylou Harris, Willie Nelson??? Although my short lived residency in Texas revealed that the latter is like a God and more popular than the Bush familyErmm

...As I venture through the slipstream, between the viaducts in your dreams...[/COLOR]
Chris S View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2014 at 17:30
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Originally posted by Chris S Chris S wrote:

^ yes, it seems like very harsh admonishing.....do stick around..

Chris, under normal circumstances, I would bow to your better judgement and issue an unreserved apology if I had treated anyone overly harshly.

However, be fair, it was a bloody dozy question. I would not have minded so much if he had said, "why are Dust not on Pa, because.....".

Then I would just have left him to Dean to sort outLOL
All good mate.......was more defending " what's ancient repetitive history to some, is entirely novel to others" Besides the search button on PA is pretty useless. Not as effective as the amazon.com links on adding new artists/albumsSmile

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2014 at 18:07
Bringing up old threads must be taboo from what i'm seeing,but as you say Chris the old threads are new to a newbie & with new people joining all the time the old threads could be very interesting to a newbie and could possibly want to participate in the ancient thread.I see old polls i'd like to vote in but now i'm loath to bring them back for fear of a bashing......I'm still stinging a little from the assault i took but i'm generally a forgiving person.....pretty much seemed like a personal attack on my character.....
Chris S View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2014 at 18:10
^ Just vote away mate and as Lazland says wear some thicker skin. I personally enjoy older threads being refreshed.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2014 at 18:16
Ok Chris-i'm going to pretend like the whole thing never happenedSmile all i ask is will you please come to my defense if i get bashed for bringing up an old thread or voting in an old poll?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>