Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAtomic Rooster in North America

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Atomic Rooster in North America
    Posted: September 16 2010 at 14:05
i am a current fan of this group, but never discovered them until the 80s
         Something i have always wondered about-in the seventies, did Atomic Rooster actually make it over to the US and Canada to play concerts? i have never read anything to this effect, but could someone clear this up for me?
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2010 at 21:11
on the liner notes to the North American lp copy of Made In England, it states that they had plans to, but with personnel changes it shook their plans up

believe it or not, i saw guitarist Steve Bolton in downtown Ottawa, Canada in the late 1980s-no kidding

PFloydFan View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2011 at 02:45
I seen them in 1971 at a minor league baseball field. Bush Stadium in Indianapolis. I think it was in the start of fall season?? They were one of the most memorable band that played that day/evening.  I was 14 yrs old at the time so I don't remember a whole lot but do remember the Atomic Rooster. Another great band was Glass Harp. There were several band that day and can't recall them all.

Good luck,
Gary
TODDLER View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2011 at 14:18
Originally posted by presdoug presdoug wrote:

on the liner notes to the North American lp copy of Made In England, it states that they had plans to, but with personnel changes it shook their plans up

believe it or not, i saw guitarist Steve Bolton in downtown Ottawa, Canada in the late 1980s-no kidding

That's a cool story!  Musicians who used to play a role in underground or famous bands might decide to move on with their life. They have surpassed the bitterness and are living content. It is this reality that is often misunderstood by fans. Fans will often give them the "Deer In the Headlight Look" or have the impression that they may still be bitter but, in fact that is not the case as people do move on and change. Was Steve Bolton a sales rep?
TODDLER View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2011 at 14:42
Internet sources claim that they did tour America in 72' playing the Troubadour, L.A., and Fillmore East, N.Y.  Keep in mind that not all history on a band's live dates are accurate and on some websites, gigs I attended are not even listed. Emerson, Lake & Palmer played the Spectrum in 74' during the Welcome Back tour and it is not listed on their website or any others to my knowledge. I assume that according to the computer that would mean I was not there.
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2011 at 16:46
Originally posted by TODDLER TODDLER wrote:

Originally posted by presdoug presdoug wrote:

That's a cool story!  Musicians who used to play a role in underground or famous bands might decide to move on with their life. They have surpassed the bitterness and are living content. It is this reality that is often misunderstood by fans. Fans will often give them the "Deer In the Headlight Look" or have the impression that they may still be bitter but, in fact that is not the case as people do move on and change. Was Steve Bolton a sales rep?
I do not know what he was doing in Ottawa, and i was in a hurry, so could not stop to say hi, but i do distinctly remember that he was wearing a business suit, and was carrying a briefcase, but that is all i know. I remember, also, though, giving him one of those "holy s$%&, am i surprised to see your face" looks, and he grinned back, sort of acknowledging that, but i had to get somewhere, so that was that. Something i will always remember, though.
 Post Reply Post Reply