Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Tech Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Cats and Guitars and Other Pets and Instruments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCats and Guitars and Other Pets and Instruments

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2010 at 20:00
I have this old beat up guitar in my bedroom that doesn't have any strings on it and my cat used to sit in it with his head still protruding. Each time it would do this it would get stuck and begin meowing like some sort of banshee or something. And unfortunately this banshee scream while in the guitar was much better sounding than the guitar itself sounded.LOL
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2010 at 20:35
Originally posted by Mifesto Mifesto wrote:

I have this old beat up guitar in my bedroom that doesn't have any strings on it and my cat used to sit in it with his head still protruding. Each time it would do this it would get stuck and begin meowing like some sort of banshee or something. And unfortunately this banshee scream while in the guitar was much better sounding than the guitar itself sounded.LOL

You invented The Cat Guitar.  Adrian Belew would be impressed. LOL

Edited by Slartibartfast - February 16 2011 at 19:19
Pastor Rex Cat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 18:27
I take an automatic pencil, a ball point pen and create my own pets with musical instruments on paper.

This is Brother Blackie at The Iron Butterfly Ballroom & Worship Center.

The design is based on, or coppied from, the power core of a deep space vessel called the Event Horrizon.
The name of a sci-fi horror movie. Cool
http://revbookburn.blogspot.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/rexcat
http://www.myspace.com/prxcat

Greetings! And Welcome to The Global Internet Church of Prog!
Hail the Prog and Praise "Bob"!
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2011 at 15:31
I was checking to see if we had a generic cat discussion thread here since we appear to have more than a few pet cat lovers and it had gone dormant after 2006, which I find kind of odd considering.  So I'm not sure who to address this request to and since my thread here is still active...   I'd like to request a reactivation of the original thread from the first admin that comes along. 

Edited by Slartibartfast - February 16 2011 at 19:18
jammun View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2011 at 23:45
Slarti, many of us are cat lovers.  To get traction, I'm thinking you need a sad and/or uplifting cat story.  So here's a sad AND uplifting cat story.

I had to put our old pal Max down in January, after 19 years.  I suppose he's in a better place now, though the Earth treated him pretty well.  He was a good cat, albeit with an annoying tendency to puke frequently (birds will do that to the GI tract).  Whatever, we tend to put up with rude behavior in this house, clean it up, and move on.

Max was also the most intelligent animal I've ever known (and we've had many), just wicked smart.  He was being annoying one day.  I sez, "Max, leave me alone and go find a mouse" and tossed him outside.  Five minutes later he's at the door, with a mouse.  This happened frequently.

Many a bird (like one a day) met its end with Max.  He got a taste of the other side of that a couple of years ago, when he was in the jaws of a coyote until my wife got involved and said coyote decided to just go ahead and leave, minus Max.  That was probably his ninth life, what with the punture wounds.  I oughtta post a photo; he was quite professorial in his demeanor and was a good and dear friend, until the very end.  My son and I took him to the vet that last day, about a month ago.  She (the vet) knew him well, and asked if the gloves and towels and sedatives would be necessary, it being Max.  I said, no, I don't think he's got any fight left in him, and he did not.  We sent him on his way.

Some of our cats, at the end, I have whispered to them.  "You are going to a place where you will catch birds every day and when you are done you will bask in the sun."  (I don't know what bird owners say, probably the opposite.)  With Max, I could not offer much in terms of the afterlife, as he had it all here, for 19 years.  Maybe we should all take a lesson from this.

Can you tell me where we're headin'?
Lincoln County Road or Armageddon.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2011 at 19:18
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Rottenhat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2011 at 13:07
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

Awesome. Absolutely frigging awesome :) Thank you Slartibartfast for that, you made my day :)

Edited by Rottenhat - February 17 2011 at 13:10
Language is a virus from outer space.

-William S. Burroughs
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2011 at 13:38

Way back in the dark distant 1974 or there abouts my Dad kept canarys, four of which had beatle moptops not unlike this one:

(not one of ours - a stock photo from the webs, but remarkably similar if memory serves me right) - needless to say these four birds were christened Mick, Keith, Bill and Charlie (such was my old man's warped sense of humour). Anyway, one of them use to go absolutely bloody mental whenever I played side one of Tubular Bells (it went quite quiet during side two for some unknown reason, then who doesn't) - Dad would swear blind that it could recognise the album cover so whenever I went to play it and would start ruffling its feathers before even the first note was played, then sing its little heart out for the next 25 minutes. We tried it on other instrumental album like Clearlight Symphony, Hergest Ridge and Mathematicians Air Display and it wasn't interested.

But as for our cats - nothing - they don't care for music - one tom cat sprayed my LP collection once - luckily Tom Petty took the major brunt of the attack - he¹ lost his nuts for that (he spray I spay).

/edit: ¹ ...the cat lost its nuts, not Tom Petty... just thought I'd clear that up incase there's any confusion.

Edited by Dean - February 17 2011 at 13:42
What?
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2011 at 19:15
I've had pet cats, dogs, hamsters, tropical fish, but never a cute little birdie. Big smile

Originally posted by Rottenhat Rottenhat wrote:

Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

Awesome. Absolutely frigging awesome :) Thank you Slartibartfast for that, you made my day :)
I can't take credit for that.  I was searching for an active cat thread and it was the last post before it went dormant.  Made my day, too.

Edited by Slartibartfast - February 17 2011 at 19:29
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2011 at 01:14
I've heard that a lot of cats are deeply attached to violins.

Edited by npjnpj - February 18 2011 at 01:40
NecronCommander View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog Metal Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2011 at 03:44
Hawkwise View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2011 at 04:03
I Use to have a Watkins Copy Cat

pammiwhammi View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 12:39
Ani Lint liked to sleep on my guitars...
"I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress..."
Cameron Brennan View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2011 at 21:18
One of my dogs Ted absolutely loves it when i'm drumming.  In my old house where he had almost free rein of the entire place, he would quite often run in and try and bite my bass drum beater as I was playing!  He would also just like sitting in the room and digging the frequencies I guess!

The funniest thing he did though was when I was doodling around with a synth.  I had some funny beeping sound going on and he ran in from inside and proceeded to howl like a wolf.  I've only heard him howl about 3 times in his life - he's 8.  It cracked me up that's for sure!!

www.meniscusband.com
www.youtube.com/user/meniscusmusic
Pastor Rex Cat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 22:24
An important lesson for any aspiring musician.

Edited by Pastor Rex Cat - July 15 2012 at 01:58
http://revbookburn.blogspot.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/rexcat
http://www.myspace.com/prxcat

Greetings! And Welcome to The Global Internet Church of Prog!
Hail the Prog and Praise "Bob"!
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2011 at 18:42

sturoc View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2011 at 10:52
When i was a teenager hangin down in my basement room practicing one night. Our cat who was in heat ( I didn't know it at the time ) came in i was sitting on the floor playing my Jazz Bass. He slowly walked over to me, turned around and sprayed right onto my hand + the pickups as I was playing!
I was in a state of shock and the smell Hooo Boy !
I booted him out and quickly pulled the strings off removed the pickups and thoroughly disinfected and dried them with a blow dryer. Thank God for the wax type covering on the windings! So no damage
That cat never visited the basement again.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2011 at 12:39
Cat urine, the gift that keeps on giving. DeadLOL

Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2011 at 21:44

Edited by Slartibartfast - December 23 2011 at 21:44

pitfall View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2012 at 17:53
Our house rabbit Bunjamin (that's really him over to the left) would always come into the room and run round and round me whenever I was playing something good. Sadly, he became ill and died a couple of years ago, and since then I've never been able to tell if any of the stuff I come up with is great, or whether it stinks. Objectivity is the biggest problem of the solo artiste.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>