Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: New album by Yes scheduled
    Posted: November 02 2010 at 02:39
I truly hope this isn't a big mistake. I'm still resentful of Howe and crew for doing what they did to Anderson. But if the result is a really good album (which hasn't happened for them in ages, in my opinion), I'll gladly eat my words. Benoit is no Jon, though. Sorry.
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2010 at 02:06
Damn, why didn't that embed work??  Here, enjoy some "Revealing Science of God!"  
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2010 at 02:04
Meh!  Yes should have brought in their understudy band, "Fragile."   I think Steve Carney is much better than Benoit David.  You tell me....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FGPhmx8QIQ0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FGPhmx8QIQ0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
nordwind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2010 at 22:42
from melodicrock.com

YES SIGNS NEW WORLDWIDE RECORDING DEAL WITH FRONTIERS RECORDS:
New Studio CD, First In Nearly A Decade, Slated For 2011 / Grammy Award winners Yes, one of the most influential and ground-breaking progressive rock 'n' roll bands, today announced the signing of a new worldwide recording deal with the Italian-based record label, Frontiers Records. Songs such as “Roundabout”, “I've Seen All Good People”, “Owner Of A Lonely Heart”, and countless others, have served to place the group upon the pantheon of rock 'n' roll history. But history is still, yet to be written, because Steve Howe, Chris Squire and Alan White, along with Oliver Wakeman (Rick Wakeman's son) and new lead singer Benoit David, will enter the studio to record the group's first new CD in a decade. It is anticipated for release before Summer 2011.
Frontiers Records President, Serafino Perugino said: “I am truly honored and excited to have these Rock and Roll pioneers on the label. Yes have written some fabulous pages in the history of this music and I look forward to keep on writing new exciting chapters with them!”
“Having the two new guys in the line-up has inspired the impetus behind the need for Yes to return to the studio” explains Chris Squire, while Steve Howe adds “The new lineup has shown that we can operate well as a touring band, so now to expand that to recording would broaden our repertoire and the inclusion of Oliver and Benoit on new recordings will show a new leaf in YES music's continuing development.”
One of the most popular concert attractions of all-time Yes's remarkable career has served to re-define the boundaries of rock. Proving to be a dominant force, for more than four decades, YES has sold over 33 million albums worldwide. Their symphonic use of sound and innovative musical style has made each of the group's players are virtuosos in their own right.

Jazz isn't dead.......it just smells funny.
Frank Zappa / Live in New York
TheGazzardian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2010 at 13:06
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Let's hope it's a good one. It is the case that a lot of 90125 had been written and laid down prior to Anderson rejoining the fold, and if the new one is half as good, it will be a decent album. It might have been better, BTW, if they had stuck to the name Cinema back then?Wink

If they hadn't gone by the name Yes, I wouldn't have grown interested in their back catalogue, never would have discovered Relayer, Drama, Close to the Edge, Tales, Yes Album, or Fragile, and might never have got into prog.

Thank God yes "tarnished" their name by giving the new band the same name as the old band. Stern Smile
Rushead View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2010 at 13:05
I'm most likely going to be getting the new album too, it's just not going to seem right without Jon at the helm.
I am kind of excited to hear what they come up with as well.
It might be pretty good. After all, Chris Squire is the bassist...
Evolver View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2010 at 11:47

Yeah!

Why buy a Genesis album wothout Peter Gabriel or Steve Hackett? A Marillion album without Fish?  A Spock's Beard album without Neal Morse?

Preposterous!
Trust me. I know what I'm doing.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2010 at 10:54
Originally posted by Epignosis Epignosis wrote:

Originally posted by Rushead Rushead wrote:

Re: The absence of Anderson...

If these particular five men decided to release an album under a different name, would people be so bitter about receiving them?

I'd rather have them be called by a different name.
The ONE member (even more than Squire) that makes that band YES, is Anderson.

Without that voice, something is missing.

A band by any other name...Wink

Just pretend it is a band using a different name.  Call them "Yep" or "Yeah" or "Uh-Huh" if you like.  Tongue  I'm excited to see what this lineup can do no matter what they call themselves.

I'll end up buying the album, for the sake of completion of the collection. And you are also right, Robert, in that the name doesn't really come into it. My personal beef is the absence of Anderson, full stop. They could call themselves what they want, it is the absence that makes me sceptical.

Let's hope it's a good one. It is the case that a lot of 90125 had been written and laid down prior to Anderson rejoining the fold, and if the new one is half as good, it will be a decent album. It might have been better, BTW, if they had stuck to the name Cinema back then?Wink
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2010 at 08:58
Originally posted by Rushead Rushead wrote:

If these particular five men decided to release an album under a different name, would people be so bitter about receiving them?

A band by any other name...Wink

Just pretend it is a band using a different name.  Call them "Yep" or "Yeah" or "Uh-Huh" if you like.  Tongue  I'm excited to see what this lineup can do no matter what they call themselves.
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2010 at 08:49
^ It will be that voice, just done by someone else Wink
Rushead View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2010 at 08:47

Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2010 at 07:53

akaBona View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2010 at 00:38
Originally posted by nurcryme nurcryme wrote:

without jon anderson i will pass, just like the tour and the t-shirt. i can't believe they would go on without him. lifelong fan now im done with them. bruford is a better drummer for me anyway.

Same here.
Rushead View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2010 at 00:18
Originally posted by Bassthang Bassthang wrote:

For me, the poorest Yes albums have been the recent ones WITH Anderson, such as "Open Your Eyes" or "The Ladder", although "Magnification" was a lot better.

A few songs from each of those and you have a great YES album.Wink
Rushead View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2010 at 00:14
That's really the most sensible thing at this point.
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2010 at 15:00
Yes have signed a new deal with Frontiers Records, The new cd will be coming out  in Summer 2011

http://yesworld.com/
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2010 at 22:38

As someone who came onboard with "Drama" (what a cracker!), I've got no problems with a non-Anderson Yes. I saw the new line-up at the end of last year, and was quite impressed with Benoit David's performance (and his bravery!), Can't comment on Oliver's performance, as his sound was somewhat submerged in the mix, but I'm sure he'll match any other Yes keyboardist. I think we should give it a chance. Ditto for the rumoured ABWR team-up. I'm just gladf that they're finally doing something new. While it's great that these veterans are still able to tour so often, it's unfortunate that there hasn't been any studio action for such a long time.
For me, the poorest Yes albums have been the recent ones WITH Anderson, such as "Open Your Eyes" or "The Ladder", although "Magnification" was a lot better.

I'm quiet positive Bruford won't be part of the new collaboration between Anderson, Wakeman, and Rabin; hopefully at least this three will end up doing something together anyway.
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2010 at 09:52
Originally posted by The-time-is-now The-time-is-now wrote:

As someone who came onboard with "Drama" (what a cracker!), I've got no problems with a non-Anderson Yes. I saw the new line-up at the end of last year, and was quite impressed with Benoit David's performance (and his bravery!), Can't comment on Oliver's performance, as his sound was somewhat submerged in the mix, but I'm sure he'll match any other Yes keyboardist. I think we should give it a chance. Ditto for the rumoured ABWR team-up. I'm just gladf that they're finally doing something new. While it's great that these veterans are still able to tour so often, it's unfortunate that there hasn't been any studio action for such a long time.

The Ladder ? Poor ? What do you think of the track Homeworld ? To me it's a masterpiece !

IMO

IMHO

IMO too.Wink
The-time-is-now View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2010 at 09:42

The Ladder ? Poor ? What do you think of the track Homeworld ? To me it's a masterpiece !

IMO

IMHO

One of my best achievements in life was to find this picture :D
Bassthang View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2010 at 09:13
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>