Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedExivious

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exivious
    Posted: October 02 2010 at 16:58
Hey fellas, check out my band Exivious, featuring members of Cynic and Textures.
Let me know what you think!

http://www.exivious.net

Biography:

Fusionmetal - A relatively new and unexplored genre in the world of metal. Exivious marks a first to truly marry jazzfusion with metal into a coherent new style. Featuring members of legendary US prog band CYNIC and Dutch metallers TEXTURES.

With a jazzfusion backbone Exivious uses freaky metal riffs to decorate their organic eruption of free improvisations and complex rhythms. Guitarist Tymon comments: "We finally managed to transform a vision I had a long time ago into 9 intense and fiery songs!"

The band released the album independently to preserve 100% creative freedom. This is not only evident in their music but also in the artwork. Their self titled debut appeared in a limited 1000 numbered copies, each single copy bundled with its own unique artwork.

Exivious is:
Tymon (Cynic) – guitar
Michel Nienhuis (ex-Sengaia) – guitar
Robin Zielhorst (Cynic) – bass
Stef Broks (Textures) – drums
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2010 at 17:03
You guys have been included in our database - so no need to suggest yourself to be included really. You're already here.
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
RobinZielhorst View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2010 at 17:06
Ah sorry! Feel free to delete this post, then.
Cheers.
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2010 at 17:08
Not only the band is added, but it has a lot of fans! Welcome to PA, Robin! 
RobinZielhorst View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2010 at 21:52

Happy to announce:
Our Exivious' debut album is finally available through digital distribution. It's already up on iTunes and will soon be available through all major online music stores.

Sorry for the shameless promotion but I know there's some people here who like the band. And being an unsigned band we're responsible for all promotion Wink

JonteJH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2010 at 03:27
You guys are so amazing :)

http://www.lastfm.se/user/JonteJH
http://soundcloud.com/jontejh
CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2010 at 05:33
Originally posted by RobinZielhorst RobinZielhorst wrote:

Happy to announce:
Our Exivious' debut album is finally available through digital distribution. It's already up on iTunes and will soon be available through all major online music stores.

Sorry for the shameless promotion but I know there's some people here who like the band. And being an unsigned band we're responsible for all promotion Wink

No Rob, it is really alright. Actually, if you would like to, I bet many people would like to get a copy of the album for reviewing purposes, kind of like myself. EmbarrassedLOL

If you make a thread about it, people will eventually appear and ansk for having the album to write a review about it. You should really try it! Thumbs Up

(prog) Metal on! Rawks
tuxon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2010 at 06:22
Below text is from The website.

Exivious is no more

Dear Exivious community,

For the first time since the release of our debut album back in May of 2009 I'm afraid we have to bring some really sad news. After careful consideration we decided to officially pull the plug on Exivious.

It's not a secret that this band and the album we released last year are very dear to me personally, but also to the rest of the band who put in the best their talent and creativity had to offer to create something really unique. But besides our personal experience, we feel all of you out there who supported us the past year are part of our Exivious community as well and as such you guys deserve a proper explanation of what's happening.

We're in a situation right now where we are simply unable to give Exivious the attention and love we believe it deserves. All four of us are completely consumed by other activities and it doesn't seem like this is going to change anytime soon. So instead of slowly letting our beloved band bleed to death, we rather put it to sleep ourselves.

In retrospect, we were completely blown away by the overwhelmingly positive response from both our listeners but also the press who reviewed our album. Never did we expect to get such a warm and enthusiastic reaction to our crazy music. With this in mind we'd like to thank all of you who supported us by picking up a copy of our album in the past year!

As most of you know we started things off by offering a luxurious limited edition of which we only printed a thousand copies. We're happy to announce we're sold out! The digipack version of our album is still available through our website and a select group of retailers.

Last but not least, we'd like to end this sad message with some good news. For the first time in Exivious history we're offering a t-shirt in our online shop which features the artwork of our debut album! Pre-orders are available in the shop section on this website.

Yours sincerely,
Tymon
Exivious

So does this mean Exivious is over?????
I'm always almost unlucky _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Id5ZcnjXSZaSMFMC Id5LM2q2jfqz3YxT
avalanchemaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2010 at 19:11

The best "heavy metal fusion" album I have ever heard!  Maybe they will reform or write more stuff in the future.... until then, maybe their influence will bleed over into future Cynic recordings....  Clap

TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2010 at 19:37
EXCELLENT debut album!

Clap

CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2010 at 21:31
Originally posted by TheProgtologist TheProgtologist wrote: