Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Internal news
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPA monthly giveaway September 2010 winners

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: PA monthly giveaway September 2010 winners
    Posted: October 05 2010 at 09:54
Hi all,

As you may know, we have a giveaway running that pick monthly winners from the past months

Here's the list of the randomly picked winners of August 2010 are:

• Conor Fynes 1 x Doug Larson's Imports (http://www.hicom.net/~dlarson/) 25$ gift certicifate. 
    > To redeem your 25$, place your order with Doug directly at [email protected] and he'll apply the 25$ discount.

• b_olariu1 X ROBERT BERIAU "Selfishness: Source of War & Violence" Digital Music Album
    > You will receive an email/PM from ROBERT BERIEAU on how to download your music.

• SouthSideoftheSky  1 x GEMM 25$ Order Credit (refunded by PayPal)  on GEMM Green Shield seller every month
    > To use your credit, please place your order with Green Shield sellers and contact [email protected] 

• Evolver 1x Free CD (past PA Featured Artist) VANGOUGH "Game On" + T-Shirt
    > Send me your postal address and preferred t-shirt size so we can ship it.

• kawkaw123   1x Free CD (past PA Featured Artist) PAUL CUSICK "Focal Point" 
    > Send me your postal address so we can ship it.

• snobb 1x Free CD RANDONE "Linea di Confine" (2009)

• CCVP 1x Free Progarchives.com logo T-Shirt (as seen on http://www.zazzle.com/progarchives)
    > Send me your postal address and preferred t-shirt size so we can ship it.

• Dobermensch x Free download of ARNIOE "Forever Free" (2007) digital music album
    > You will receive an email/PM from Aron Scharfegger (ARNIOE) on how to download your music.

• Mellotron Storm 1 x Free CD of the latest release of EMPYRIA, "The Long Road Home" (2009)

• Sean Trane1 x Free Album download from LoudTrax.com
    > You will receive an email/PM from Antonio Marsillo on how to download your music.

• Dobermensch 1 X Free CD Red Orchid "Sky is falling" EP (5 CDs + 5 downloads, Starting June 2010, until April 2011)
     Send me your postal address so we can ship it.

• andrea X Guitar Music Class (http://www.guitarmasterclass.net) full access to all lessons and resources.
    > You will receive an email/PM from John Collins on how to access your music lessons

• And the winner of the "Review of the month" Amazon.com 25$ Gift Certificate is THE QUIET ONE with his review of JON LORD "Windows" (As selected by admin's EASY MONEY)  

4 stars Windows 74, way ahead of Bill Gates

Probably Jon Lord's most ambitious project to date, interpolating classical music with a soul singer, a blues singer and an opera singer, plus a rock band backing up. The 1969 'Concertofor Group and Orchestra' was hit- and-miss, the first movement being amazing, while the other two movements were rather half-good half-boring. Well, with 'Windows' Jon Lord still isn't capable of making it all great, but still, who could have?

It's a very peculiar live performance if you can deal "rock meets classical", it's not something out-of-this-world, but it's neither your usual orchestral rock music. The first piece is a completition of an uncomplete piece by Bach, this piece does include rock instrumentation, though it's by no means as rockin' as the Movement 1 of the Concerto. This is essential for Bach fans, haha.

The second and final piece, 'Window', is the central piece though, lasting over 30 minutes. With the fantastic and emotive vocal performances of David Coverdale, Glenn Hughes, Tony Ashton and a female opera singer, this is indeed a strange but not really out-there piece as you think it might be. The whole composition is divided into three different parts, each having their own ups and downs. While I wouldn't say there's much coherence between the three parts, the amount of interesting bits on this, clearly something that no other band or artist had done by that time, makes it up for me.

4 stars: excellent, mainly interesting, record that is a must-have for fans of 'rock meets classical' and its variations. The 'Concerto' was more straightforward classical and rock music interpolated, with 'Windows' Jon pushed the boundaries even more adding new styles and letting the compositions be more loose. Not top- notch althrough though, so don't expect two grandiose epics, if not excellent "experimentations" with orchestra.

Review link is http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=297342

All winners will also receive an email on how to claim your prize too. Please update your forum profile info to have a valid email address. 

Congratulation !!!
    ClapClapClap

M@X | Maxime Roy
    http://www.progarchives.com

Edited by M@X - October 05 2010 at 13:47
    Prog On !
    b_olariu View Drop Down
    Prog Reviewer
    Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 00:44
    ok, tanks a lot for the monthly giveaway gift for september, Thumbs Up to Max and to Robert Beriau, the one I just won. Keep up the good work Thumbs Up
    Sean Trane View Drop Down
    Special Collaborator
    Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 07:50
    Hey M@X, I'll have to pass on the LoudTrax download....

I simply don't download,
    first by principle,
    second by total ignorance on how to  do so....
    let's just stay above the moral melee
    prefer the sink to the gutter
    keep our sand-castle virtues
    content to be a doer
    as well as a thinker,
    prefer lifting our pen
    rather than un-sheath our sword
    M@X View Drop Down
    Forum & Site Admin Group
    Forum & Site Admin Group
    Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 09:00
    ^Sean, Antonio @ LoudTrax.com will tell you more about this . Feel free to use it or not. Approve
    Prog On !
    Evolver View Drop Down
    Special Collaborator
    Special Collaborator
    Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 14:26
    Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

Hey M@X, I'll have to pass on the LoudTrax download....

I simply don't download,
    first by principle,
    second by total ignorance on how to  do so....
    It's easy, Sean
    Simply right-click the file, and select "Download File & Install Virus"
    Wink
    Trust me. I know what I'm doing.
     Post Reply Post Reply