FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRoger Waters builds a Wall in Montreal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roger Waters builds a Wall in Montreal
    Posted: October 20 2010 at 23:43
Well for those who haven't seen it, I won't give away any spoilers except to say *DUCK* and watch out for Junkers Ju-87's and flying pigs overhead.Clap

The complete package, Roger outdid himself tonight. Much more impressive than his 2005/6? Dark Side tour. (Which was also fantastic, but on a much smaller scale) He seemed really into the gig, and truly appeared to be enjoying himself. His banter was generally positive, even the "Well it's been 33 years since I spit on one of you!" seemed happy enough.

A little too heavy on the anti-War sentiments at times, and maybe not focused on the alienation themes quite as much as expected.

It's important to watch this production head on, preferably from the floor to truly absorb everything going on, on the Wall. The projectors/images used are top notch. Worth going to the show for the video/effects alone. The music and stage show were mere icing on the cake. I suddenly enjoy "Young Lust" a lot more than previously.Embarrassed

A truly breathtaking and artistic experience. Worth every one of the 250$ spent on the ticket! Am kicking myself that I did not attend both Montreal shows...

(T-Shirts weren't too shabby either!) "TRUST US" Wink
Marmalade...I like marmalade.
Jim Garten View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin & Razor Guru

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2010 at 06:52
Thanks for that C1 - he's not hitting London until May of next year (tickets already safe - just as well, all nights sold out); I was there in 1980 at the first night of the original PF Wall shows & really looking forward to seeing the updated version (gotta be better than Berlin 1990...)

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2010 at 15:40
Hi,

I recommend catching this .... it's like seeing Misha, or Nureyev, or Tebaldi, or Karajan, or Bernstein ... it's a once in a lifetime opportunity and almost none of the bands listed in this board will ever have, or create anything half as important or meaningful as a lot of this work.

I imagine that Roger would probably hammer the anti-war sentiment a little harder, though I don't think he needs to but it's theme is more important today than "alienation" ... when the original "Wall" came out I think that people were abit tired and fed up with the whole IRA/VietNam thing ... and it still lingered but it was not as important. Today, with the internet, the whole "alienation" thing is a joke for people that have no personalities. But the point can still be made that the opiate of the people is the "Internet" and when it comes to anything else ... we might not care enough ... right or wrong.

Edited by moshkito - October 21 2010 at 15:41
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2010 at 22:17
Originally posted by Jim Garten Jim Garten wrote:

Thanks for that C1 - he's not hitting London until May of next year (tickets already safe - just as well, all nights sold out); I was there in 1980 at the first night of the original PF Wall shows & really looking forward to seeing the updated version (gotta be better than Berlin 1990...)

It would be great if you told us what you think of the new show as compared to the original ones. However, I just can't take the idea off my mind that having a Gilmour replacement at the top of the wall will be sort of wrong... well you might just as well be lucky to attend the show with Gilmour as special guest (it would be rather predictable if he chose London to fulfill his part of the bargain). And yes, I'm waiting until December for my turn of watching the show.
 Post Reply Post Reply