Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transatlantic Releases New Live DVD/CD Set
    Posted: October 26 2010 at 21:13

For Immediate Release 

PROG ROCK SUPERGROUP TRANSATLANTIC LAUNCHES
WHIRLWIND TOUR 2010: LIVE AT SHEPHERD’S BUSH EMPIRE LONDON
A MAMOTH LIVE 2-DVD SET WITH 8 HOURS OF AMAZING FOOTAGE

NORTH AMERICA: OCTOBER 26, 2010 EUROPE: NOVEMBER 8, 2010

AVAILABLE AS 2-DVD SET, 3-CD AUDIO VERSION, AND 5-DISC DELUXE EDITION

10/26/2010 - Nashville, TN - Music fans were surprised and elated in 2009 when prog rock supergroup Transatlantic announced they were reforming for a new album. The Whirlwind went on to be their best-selling album, entering mainstream charts in the US, Germany and Netherlands.

Ten years earlier, four of progressive rock’s finest joined together to form the supergroup, Transatlantic: Neal Morse (lead vocals, guitar, keyboard), Roine Stolt (lead vocals, guitar), Mike Portnoy (drums, vocals), and Pete Trewavas (bass, vocals). Their two seminal albums, tours and DVDs redefined prog’s artistic and commercial possibilities with a combination of modern and traditional prog, classic pop sensibilities, and mind-blowing musicianship.

The Whirlwind tour was the group’s largest, covering both sides of the Atlantic across 11 countries. With the addition of Pain of Salvation’s Daniel Gildenlow on guitar and keyboards, it was also their most musically powerful. On May 21, 2010, at Shepherd's Bush Empire in London, the cameras were rolling.

The concert featured the entire Whirlwind album performed exactly as on the studio recording. But that’s just the beginning. For the next two and half hours, Transatlantic performed nearly every song they’ve ever recorded, along with some surprises. The audio recorded at the show was later mixed by the band’s own Roine Stolt, ensuring a genuine presentation of the music from that night.

The show doesn’t end, though, with the fading echoes of the final note. Backstage, in and around cities throughout Europe, the cameras accompanied Mike, Neal, Roine and Pete on their journey. Uncensored experiences and candid moments reveal the good, the bad, and the unexpected of life on the road.

Also included is the band’s encore from the final night of their tour, a headlining spot at the UK’s High Voltage Festival. For the last song, they performed the Genesis classic, “Return of the Giant Hogweed,” joined onstage by original Genesis guitarist Steve Hackett.

Travel from the last decade of prog to today, and from the backstage to the soundstage. Capturing a thousand timeless moments, Whirlwind Tour 2010: Live at Shepherd’s Bush London captures musicians and audience uniting to create an electrifying musical experience. Join Transatlantic as they unleash their very best—as you’ve never seen, heard or imagined them.

DVD RELEASE

DVD 1 (147 minutes)

1. The Whirlwind
2. All of the Above
3. We All Need Some Light
4. Duel With the Devil

DVD 2 (160 minutes)

1. Bridge Across Forever
2. Stranger in Your Soul
3. Documentary
4. Band Interview
5. Return of the Giant Hogweed (w/ Steve Hacket)

CD RELEASE

AUDIO CD 1
1. The Whirlwind (79:52)

AUDIO CD 2
1. All of the Above (30:19)
2. We All Need Some Light (8:40)
3. Duel with the Devil (28:31)

AUDIO CD 3
1. Bridge Across Forever (6:03)
2. Stranger in Your Soul (30:00)

Press Contacts

Europe: Peter Klapproth [ [email protected] ]
North America: Billy James [ [email protected] ]

Electronic press kit download: [ www.billevansmedia.com/transatlantic ]

Century Media Records | Inside Out Music | Radiant Records | Metal Blade Records
www.transatlanticweb.com | www.myspace.com/transatlanticprog | www.facebook.com/transatlanticmusic

bill evans media [email protected] us: 903.851.5010 uk: 0740.179.1344 www.billevansmedia.com 

chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2010 at 06:58
Me want it!
The-time-is-now View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2010 at 07:20
For a mammoth, it's a mammoth.

One of my best achievements in life was to find this picture :D
Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2010 at 07:27
I know we've been expecting this for a while, but this really should be fantastic.

I saw them on the tour and it was truly one of the best gigs I've ever seen.
CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2010 at 07:42
Too bad they won't come down South and that the DVD will cost a fortune for me.Disapprove Thumbs Down

Edited by CCVP - October 27 2010 at 07:47
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2010 at 21:32
I have been interested in getting som Transatlantic for a while already. The Whirlwind was a possible option for my introduction to them, but now I wonder if this would be a better choice? Often enough I like better live versions of songs than their original studio ones (though I have no idea if this would apply with this group). Anyone here has any suggestion?
Garion81 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2010 at 00:09
Originally posted by CCVP CCVP wrote:

Too bad they won't come down South and that the DVD will cost a fortune for me.Disapprove Thumbs Down

Become a promoter and put up the money for them to come there. Then hope you recover the expenses that is what all the promoters did on the tour.   I saw the first show in LA and it was fantastic.  The show I see on the DVD is even better.  The total cost of his set is $30 cheaper than a seat at the concert. 

"What are you going to do when that damn thing rusts?"
Harry Hood View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2010 at 01:06
My copy arrived  today. It's pretty awesome. My introduction to Transatlantic was Live In Europe, so for me Live Transatlantic will always be better than studio.

My initial impressions are that it offers something different from the first two live albums, and sort of completes the trilogy in a way.

Live In America - Sloppy, jammy and off the cuff, mostly out of necessity and limited rehearsal time. 

Live In Europe - Really tight, clinical, note for note performances.

Live In London - A combination of professionalism and off-the-cuff improvisation. I'm lovin' it.
 Post Reply Post Reply