13 [26.53%]
33 [67.35%]
3 [6.12%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2013 at 17:51
I like them both, but Orphaned Land is so original - such a unique combination of sounds and cultures.
silverpot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2013 at 20:09
I've just discovered Orphened Land and I really enjoy them. Some parts remind me of Alan Stivell's sound. Folk Prog at it's finest,.
ole-the-first View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2013 at 06:59
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

Stargazer anyone?

Stargazer was one of my favourite songs of all time a couple years ago. A terrific song, one of the 70's brightest highlights. Wink

Edited by ole-the-first - July 08 2013 at 06:59
This night wounds time.
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2013 at 01:37
Originally posted by ole-the-first ole-the-first wrote:

Stargazer anyone?
Stargazer was one of my favourite songs of all time a couple years ago. A terrific song, one of the 70's brightest highlights. Wink

Well enjoy that cup of coffee cause you have excellent taste. Man. What a song!
Influenced many!
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2013 at 01:42
Guys. I gotta say that I'm not really blown away with OrphanLand's new album, ALL IS ONE. it really doesn't have the heavy grandeur that I so dearly loved in MABOOL. Softer and shorter songs was the theme on this one.
It's a good album, but a far cry from that of Mabool. I also was expecting more with all the hype built around the massive production this album was going to have with regarding the massive orchestra and Choirs. The choirs were actually used quite sparsely throughout the album. Ummmm.....I feel a tad let down.
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2013 at 03:18
I was hoping you would like it more than me Nick but I see you're feeling the same. It's not a bad album in any way but it's not what I expected from them. But hey...are you familiar with Sahara??
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2013 at 09:55
Originally posted by sagichim sagichim wrote:

I was hoping you would like it more than me Nick but I see you're feeling the same. It's not a bad album in any way but it's not what I expected from them. But hey...are you familiar with Sahara??

Actually. Believe it or not it was Germany's Vanden Plas that led me to the discovery of this band.
I've not delved into all 3 of their albums yet. They are on my hit list. Carry quite an influential tree of great artist that are attached to their sound....Tull, Caravan, Necktar. I wonder if they took a page out of Rainbow's playbook for sound?
Anyway. What can you tell me about them? Are they kind of a psycher band? Do they accompany an orchestra?

Ahhhh...so much prog to discover. I'm glad it's like this for me though. ;)
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2013 at 10:28

Actually. Believe it or not it was Germany's Vanden Plas that led me to the discovery of this band.
I've not delved into all 3 of their albums yet. They are on my hit list. Carry quite an influential tree of great artist that are attached to their sound....Tull, Caravan, Necktar. I wonder if they took a page out of Rainbow's playbook for sound?
Anyway. What can you tell me about them? Are they kind of a psycher band? Do they accompany an orchestra?

Oh sorry man I didn't mean the band Sahara, I meant do you know Orphaned's debut Sahara Tongue
And regarding the band Sahara, I have their third album and although it's not bad I prefer all the bands you mentioned before.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2013 at 11:41

Oh sorry man I didn't mean the band Sahara, I meant do you know Orphaned's debut Sahara TongueAnd regarding the band Sahara, I have their third album and although it's not bad I prefer all the bands you mentioned before.

Sahara.....of course the album! Leave it to me to over think a question. Lol.
Actually my friend, I've not heard Sahara. Is the only one I haven't heard yet!
I liked El Norra Alilia as a whole, but Sahara I've only heard bits and pieces of it like Beloved's Cry and the Storm Still rages inside. Not bad and I've even heard some acoustic versions too!

Anyway. I must say that mabool is their best album. It's outstanding. Actually, with all the production hype for ALL IS ONE should have been for Mabool! That album lives up to the hype! I can't tell you how many times I've cranked THE BIRTH OF THREE. it's their magnum opus!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12