Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hypno5e - Des Deux L'une Est L'autre (French prog)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHypno5e - Des Deux L'une Est L'autre (French prog)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hypno5e - Des Deux L'une Est L'autre (French prog)
    Posted: December 03 2010 at 20:08
Anyone interested in reviewing French prog metallers HYPNO5E, please email [email protected], and I can hook you up.  Thanks guys, more info below.

Familiar with the buzz that’s been surrounding French face melters HYPNO5E yet?  With a successful headlining run on the METAL AS ART Tour alongside Revocation (Relapse Records) and The Binary Code, the French experi-metallers have been turning quite a few heads lately.  Their debut Des Deux L’une Est L’autre the CLEVELAND FREE TIMES described as “a testament to range and musicianship”, and METAL SUCKS calls these guys “a prog metal / art rock onslaught”.  
MetalSucks.net
“These dudes f**king bring it live with a coordinated light show and video projections, and they sound perfect every night.”

LOUD Amplify Chicago
“They encompass all things good about where metal can and has been going over the last few years.  You think you know what metal sounds like.  My friend, you have no idea."

Cleveland Free Times
“Between slabs of death-by-math insanity, Hypno5e flesh out dulcet melodies and even venture into spacey Hawkwind territory.”

The Metal Minute
Hypno5e won’t just be a band to be respected; by attrition they’ll have to be feared.”

Boise Weekly
“French metal makers Hypno5e are hot on the heels of their debut release Des Deux L’une Est L’autre, an eerie mind-bending swath of head-banging music.” 

harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2010 at 20:10
How about a MySpace link? Wink
TeamAllAboutTheMusic View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2010 at 20:10
http://www.myspace.com/hypno5e  

EPIC!  Music video for "Daybreak At Slaughter House" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcN1W_IovfE 
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2010 at 21:45
Interesting band. They should fit well into Experimental/Post Metal, I think. I've notified the Prog Metal Team. 
CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2010 at 07:23
The band is already cleared for adition. If you would like to provide a bio and a bad picture, what would haste their adition a lot, please do so!Smile
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2010 at 07:50
Originally posted by CCVP CCVP wrote:

If you would like to provide a bio and a bad picture

Oh, that's something new. Tongue
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2010 at 17:54
Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback.  Bio is below, and you can grab a band pic at this link: http://www.myspace.com/hypno5e/photos/albums/album/2616528#mssrc=SitesPhotos_SP_AlbumCover_ViewAlbum 

You should also check out their side project, A BACKWARD GLANCE ON A TRAVEL ROAD.  Much more ambient, but same atmosphere is definitely present: http://www.myspace.com/backwardglancetravelroad 

Thanks again for your time and consideration.  Hope you're all having a great weekend!

French experi-metalists HYPNO5E create a progressive metal / art rock onslaught that can truly be called the future of metal. Also being professionals in film, the genius within HYPNO5E mixes in video concept showing an all around approach to the arts, both musically and visually. Playing many characters at its finest, HYPNO5E’s signature sound paints the picture with such textures and color, and has been said by the press to expand metal into unimaginable dimensions.  The Cleveland Free Times described the album as “a testament to range and musicianship”, while Time Out New York says “HYPNO5E juxtaposes technical, dissonant metal with pretty abstraction”.   Countless time changes, mood swings from haunting to hopeful, and some of the deepest grinding extreme metal tones on the low end build up this open minded monster.  While the French metal scene has been exploding as of late, HYPNO5E is still one creating their own trend since forming in 2003.

Fresh off their US headlining Metal As Art Tour alongside Revocation (Relapse Records) and The Binary Code, HYPNO5E has a plan for world domination.  Having toured extensively throughout the US, Canada, Asia, and Europe, including a mini Euro Tour with The Ocean (Metal Blade), HYPNO5E has already made themselves a name to remember.

From start to finish, Des Deux L’une Est L’Autre (English translation: “Of The Two, One Is The Other”) captures the audience with their stunning vision.  The album mirrors life’s highs and lows, and aesthetically is a tribute to the arts.  From the stunning metal assaults in Tutuguri to the epic and moving journey of Scarlet Fever, the monster within HYPNO5E attacks in many ways.  Their power is well distributed and technicality blends with a mood so deep, the virtuosity of it all is seen in concept.  HYPNO5E makes you live every music note as an emotion, every emotion becoming a picture in your head, and every concept becoming an interpretation of life. 

In relation to the music, HYPNO5E’s live performance consists of custom video projection and movie archives (see pic below), where samples, effects, and the raw power and energy of the band showcase an unforgettable night.  HYPNO5E’s can be labeled both progressive and epic, blending all styles of metal with open minded perfection. The future is HYPNO5E

CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2010 at 19:13
Thanks a lot!

Just a question, you wrote the bio yourself or took it from some site? Smile
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2010 at 17:10
Yes, I wrote the bio.  I manage the band.  Do feel free to email me here with anything you need: [email protected] 

Thanks!
CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2010 at 19:39
Originally posted by TeamAllAboutTheMusic TeamAllAboutTheMusic wrote:

Yes, I wrote the bio.  I manage the band.  Do feel free to email me here with anything you need: [email protected] 

Thanks!

OK, thank you very much! The adition will be handled by those responsible!
J-Man View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2010 at 18:20

Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
 Post Reply Post Reply