Topic ClosedKarda Estra - new live video + Colossus track

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Karda Estra - new live video + Colossus track
    Posted: December 05 2010 at 02:31
Here's an update for those interested in what I do:

Yesterday's recording with Amy - clarinet for the album version of 'The Doll's House' and this live video of a tune in development 'Invaders From Venus' (which we've co-written). Both tunes set to appear on the forthcoming album 'New Worlds'. Still busy with getting music together for this album. Also this week, a new track 'The Pit & The Pendulum' saw release on 'The Tales Of Edgar Allan Poe - A Synphonic Collection' on Musea / Colossus. That one, as the title suggests, is more in the dark gothic vein of KE as opposed to the more mondo/sci-fi styled tracks we're putting together for 'New Worlds'.     

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXco55gllNE

All the best,
Richard

KARDA ESTRA
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2010 at 05:12
Originally posted by Karda Estra Karda Estra wrote:

Here's an update for those interested in what I do:

Yesterday's recording with Amy - clarinet for the album version of 'The Doll's House' and this live video of a tune in development 'Invaders From Venus' (which we've co-written). Both tunes set to appear on the forthcoming album 'New Worlds'. Still busy with getting music together for this album. Also this week, a new track 'The Pit & The Pendulum' saw release on 'The Tales Of Edgar Allan Poe - A Synphonic Collection' on Musea / Colossus. That one, as the title suggests, is more in the dark gothic vein of KE as opposed to the more mondo/sci-fi styled tracks we're putting together for 'New Worlds'.     

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXco55gllNE

All the best,
Richard

KARDA ESTRA

Beautiful!Very nice tune!Congratulations mr.Wileman!
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2010 at 07:10
Excellent as usual, Richard. 

I'll do a post dedicated to your music on my blog and I'll feature the videos you've been doing in the last year. 

I look forward to the new release. 

Karda Estra View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2010 at 14:15
Thanks Prog Geo and Assaf. Many thanks for wanting to write about KE in your blog, Assaf - much appreciated.  I put a reply to your question on PE too that may or may not help -  hope I made sense!

Richard
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2010 at 14:19

Thanks Prog Geo and Assaf. Many thanks for wanting to write about KE in your blog, Assaf - much appreciated.  I put a reply to your question on PE too that may or may not help -  hope I made sense!

Richard

I heard some other tracks of your band.Great tunes!!Well done!!How can I find your albums in Greece?
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2010 at 15:26
That's very kind, thanks. I don't know if my albums are out in Greece - my label (Cyclops) has seen several distributors go bust in the last few years. If you are unable to obtain through your favourite methods (KE is on Amazon), then I have Paypal on my website. If I can help any other way, please feel free to e-mail me - contact page is on the website.

All the best,
Richard

avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2010 at 16:14
Originally posted by Prog Geo Prog Geo wrote:

Richard

I heard some other tracks of your band.Great tunes!!Well done!!How can I find your albums in Greece?

If you can't find them in Greece or through Cyclops, or even if you do, I highly recommend ordering directly from Richard, through his website (in the link he posted above); they're 5£ each with free shipping world-wide so you can't beat this price. I ordered several albums from him last year (some to give away as gifts to friends and the rest to complete my Karda Estra collection), I live in NY and it arrived fast.
My favourite albums (though all are good and special in their own way) are Eve, The Age Of Science & Enlightenment  and the last album, Weird Tales.
TheGazzardian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2010 at 13:44
Like the song, awaiting the album Thumbs Up
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2010 at 02:11
Thanks, Gazzardian. Assaf asked what it's going to be like over on another forum so I thought I'd paste my reply here - hope it doesn't put you off :o) Cheers, Richard

My aim for 'New Worlds' is to be a strange mixture mondo/exotica/chill-out/lounge styles mixed with a weird and wonderful sci-fi atmospheres. There are a lot of collisions of style, maybe even strange bedfellows, but I'm working hard to make sure it is all cohesive. I've placed a greater emphasis on collaboration to inject further diversity. Namely - Kavus Torabi (Cardiacs, Knifeworld, a million other bands) and Stu Rowe (Lightertheif, Andy Partridge and associated stuff) and Bridget & Don (from the Hawkwind / Spirits Burning world) have been doing some wonderful stuff. I want it to sound strange and different, yet familiar and retro too. Not much to ask eh? There's a lot going on and I very much hope it has a sound of it's own. I'm referring to it as 'Mondo Sci-fi'.

I want to release it in 2011 if possible.
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2010 at 12:36
Well, I've finally posted a short blurb about Karda Estra's music on my blog, which is my small contribution to spreading the word about this music. 
 Post Reply Post Reply