Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closednew here? yes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: new here? yes
    Posted: December 22 2010 at 23:08
Hi!!
My name Is Iftakhar but everyone calls me Iain. I'm the new (since August 2010) publisher of the german Fanzine *Hawkzine* meanwhile the language is mostly english and can be downloaded for free as PDF from or Site. there are not only Hawkwind or Hawkwind-related reviews inside..also of other progressive bands and in the next issue also about some metalbands.
In real life (outside the web)  I'm playing guitar and this time unfortunately of healthy reasons out of work. I like to travel and to read books, reviews magazines, got my own spacerockband..and publishing the Hawkzine as a hobby. ( avoids me from becoming mad...or insane)
so wishing you an awesome evening/day and wishing you all a happy X-Mas celebration.
cheers!! Iain
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2010 at 23:15
Welcome to the site Iain!  I assume you're a fan of Hawkwind Wink...what other bands do you enjoy?
Drew View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2010 at 23:19
Cheers!

PA kicks ass! ......if you don't know that already....Thumbs Up

iainhawk View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2010 at 23:32
Hawkwind, The Grateful Dead, Led Zeppelin, Vanilla Fudge, Iron Butterfly, Alan Davey (soloworks and Gunslinger )I also listen to celtic folk, then I love Krautrock and electronic bands like Brainticket, White Noise, Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze, Arthur Brown, Nektar, Edgar Broughton Band, CAN, Kraftwerk, Jean Michel Jarre, Raw Material, Fuzzy Duck, Strife, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Genesis, YES, Asia, Arena, Pendragon, Marillion, the Moody Blues, Rolling Stones, Hot Tuna, Moby Grape, Jefferson Airplane/Starship, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Huw Lloyd Langton Group, The Higher Craft, Bevis Frond, Monster Magnet, Tribe of Cro, Ole Lukkoye, Guru Guru, Novalis, Jane, Eloy,Nik Turner's Space Ritual, The Hawklords, ...and so on..;-)
I have 12.000 discs/records/tapes.. I think we will sit here until tomorrow if I would list all;-) me with writing and you with reading;-)
Okay I'm a fan of Hawkwind and I'm the publisher of the Hawkzine, but Hawkwind are not the band which I can listen to every day. I also like sometimes Country, Classical stuff, Jazz, Blues, Flamenco, Celtic Folk and Celtic Rock, Medieval, Folk, songwriters, Hardrock, Heavy Metal, and so on;-)
I know a lot of bands in your database;-) some of them I have reviewed the last 17 years..
regards Iain
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2010 at 23:35
Awesome - I enjoy a lot of the same groups you do (especially the Krautrock groups, I LOVE Can particularly). 

12,000 - that's at least 36 times the number I own. Wacko
iainhawk View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2010 at 23:51
well there are a lot of tapes between...casette tape. I have put them all under the roof;-) and made some workprints of each in mp3. otherwise you cannot handle that much stuff. And a lot of are between from unknown bands.And of those many don't excist anymore.
I published my first zine in 1993. and since this time I'm very open-minded to unknown bands. I also listen to Hendrix, Joplin, Zappa and the doors, but I think that are well known artists and the most of Zappa I have on tape. I think I have not so many stuff if I would have as a normal person who doesn't publish progressive-rock magazines. The most ones I bought or got in the time when I was writing and publishing. and in case of music, I'm very open minded. I like music far beyond the charts. the daily pop-stuff which is out on air, I do not really like...makes me crazy and progressive makes me relaxed;-)don't know why.
that's the same with art... the most pictures I really like, are surreal or surreal Phantastic like e.g. Roger Dean or Frazetta or Ed Unitsky.that is a kind of expression which starts my Fantasy and my brain lol and at last it relaxes my soul of the daily horror out there;-)
TheGazzardian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2010 at 00:07
Welcome aboard - 12000 is a lot of records, very impressive!
seventhsojourn View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2010 at 13:12
Hi and welcome to PA, Iain. Smile
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2010 at 03:00
Welcome to PA ! As a huge hawkwindian myself whats this website that  you are involved in?
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2010 at 03:04
Never mind........  I found the zine on your home page!
iainhawk View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2010 at 22:46
@atomic. have you just found the online version or also the free download version in PDF? The next one is planned for summer and the older ones, which I have scanned but not published, you'll find under archives. But the older ones are in german with english summaries. I prefer to use the english language, coz so more people can read and understand it.

@seventh soujourn, eh do you like The Moody Blues? your nick reminds me to listen to their albums again;-)

wishing all a nice and awesome start into 2011!!!

greetingz from the northern end of the black (at the moment more white) Forest
 Post Reply Post Reply