Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBlood Sweat & Tears or If?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which band do you rather prefer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [47.62%]
11 [52.38%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2010 at 04:21
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

I'm not sure that people have given a fair listen to IF in order to vote on this properly ... for musicianship and compositional design, I would vote for IF every day ... for a couple of hits on the radio and one excellent album, it's hard to not think BST as a good band ... but they were not as well defined as IF was.

Two other bands of similar design, also very good in my book ... were Ides of March and the Canadian band Lighthouse. Both had a hit in radio, but Ides of March's first album is magnificent and quite progressive ... except  that horns are not progressive ... keyboards are! ... so GreenEyedLady will have to get it instead, I think! ... shucks ... that's SugarLoaf! ... bet these guys never even heard Mason Profit either!

So, let create your own poll with this two bands. To be honest, I don´t know them.
A Elbereth Gilthoniel
silivren penna míriel
o menel aglar elenath!
Na-chaered palan-díriel
o galadhremmin ennorath,
Fanuilos, le linnathon
nef aear, sí nef aearon!

XTChuck View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2010 at 08:19
Originally posted by Gandalff Gandalff wrote:

Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

I'm not sure that people have given a fair listen to IF in order to vote on this properly ... for musicianship and compositional design, I would vote for IF every day ... for a couple of hits on the radio and one excellent album, it's hard to not think BST as a good band ... but they were not as well defined as IF was.

Two other bands of similar design, also very good in my book ... were Ides of March and the Canadian band Lighthouse. Both had a hit in radio, but Ides of March's first album is magnificent and quite progressive ... except  that horns are not progressive ... keyboards are! ... so GreenEyedLady will have to get it instead, I think! ... shucks ... that's SugarLoaf! ... bet these guys never even heard Mason Profit either!

So, let create your own poll with this two bands. To be honest, I don´t know them.

Mason Proffit????  Not prog - not even close

Sugarloaf......well.....some prog sounding tunes on their first 2 LP's.  Not sure about what they did after that.
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2010 at 11:01
When the next poll is assembled please include Dreams (Jeff Kent, Billy Cobham, Randy & Michael Brecker, John Abercrombie, Barry Rogers, Bob Mann and Will Lee).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12