Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - any chance of Anglagard doing a big tour this year
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedany chance of Anglagard doing a big tour this year

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: any chance of Anglagard doing a big tour this year
    Posted: February 18 2011 at 10:21
Originally posted by Trouserpress Trouserpress wrote:

In all honesty I think it's highly unlikely. I'm guessing that most of the band have plenty of other commitments (families, work, etc) which is no doubt one of the reasons it's taken them so long to even seriously contemplate releasing a new album. The time, money and risk inherent in organising a tour is probably far too great for such a sporadically active band, regardless of their reputation.
True, I know the drummer Mattias Olsen has rejoined White Willow and they're also working on a new album and intend to tour for it.

One off dates arent out of the question though, so heres hopping for Summers End!
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2011 at 16:13
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

^ I read somewhere on this site that someone got to see Anglagard here in Mexico around the time they released their first CDs, so I guess it wouldn't be to difficult to do it again... and if they came to Mexico, sure they would cover a great deal of USA.

Not necessarily ...

They would have to have set dates going up I-5, for example, to help make things work, and if you only have one in LA and one in Seattle, you are in trouble ... your travel costs will not get covered. And I can tell you that Eugene does not pay that much ... Gong played there and their take for the night -- and place was full and looked sold out -- was around 2K.  A lesser known band, might not even get a quarter of that ... meaning that you can't even cover the gas from San Diego to Eugene plus a meal or two!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
The Hemulen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2011 at 04:31
In all honesty I think it's highly unlikely. I'm guessing that most of the band have plenty of other commitments (families, work, etc) which is no doubt one of the reasons it's taken them so long to even seriously contemplate releasing a new album. The time, money and risk inherent in organising a tour is probably far too great for such a sporadically active band, regardless of their reputation.
WalterDigsTunes View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2011 at 20:44
Such a silly and vain hope; the ideal triumphal march should be King Crimson, ie, the real deal.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2011 at 20:38
^ I read somewhere on this site that someone got to see Anglagard here in Mexico around the time they released their first CDs, so I guess it wouldn't be to difficult to do it again... and if they came to Mexico, sure they would cover a great deal of USA.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2011 at 16:05
Hi,

Such a bummer ... we would never have the luck to see these in the West Coast ... the number of keyboards alone would make this tour almost impossible ... not to mention that West Coast venues don't know what keyboards are!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2011 at 13:45
can only hope. Anglagard and Par Lindh joint tour pleaseBig smile
topographicbroadways View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2011 at 13:32
With Anglagard releasing a new album i am really hoping to get to see this band. Does anybody know if they have plans to do a big tour of Europe or further?
 Post Reply Post Reply