Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPrzemyslaw Rudz

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
clarke2001 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Przemyslaw Rudz
    Posted: February 25 2011 at 08:05
I'll take care of it, no worries.
petersen88 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 05:07
Well, I haven`t noticed that by the time I added Summa Technologiae album it was already there, Could someone delete the double entry? ;)
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2011 at 02:44
Nice bio, thanks!

The artist is now added, here: Przemyslaw Rudz.

Unfortunately special characters are not allowed in the artist name because of software issue, but it's written correctly in the biography. You can now add his albums by clicking add albums.

Thumbs Up
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2011 at 11:45
Przemysław Rudź, born on 21st March 1976 in polish city of Elbląg, is definitely a reneissance man. Besides his interest in publishing music he is known as an exponent of astronomy and overall science in Poland and published some guidebooks for astronomy adepts.

Altough he never finished his musical education as a keyboardist, his early inspirations were progressive rock artists with Genesis and Yes from whom he learnt about progressive harmonies as well as Jean Michel Jarre, Tangerine Dream and Klaus Schulze who introduced him into the world of free electronic sounds. The Berlin School and Progressive Electronic artists, whose music was often to be found as the theme for educational and scientific programs, tought him to derive from thinking of music in terms of traditional form of composition with repeated verses and choruses. Combining usage of modern technology along with traditional approach to electronic music, he managed to recreate the atmosphere of 70s and 80s on his musical attempts.

His debut album "Summa Technologiae", written in 2009 and published at the beginning of 2010, was an ambitious attempt to create music inspired by the book of the same name of polish legendary sci-fi writer Stanisław Lem. Since then he has already recorded 3 more albums, "Cosmological Tales" and "Self-Replicating Intelligent Spawn" were published in 2010 and "Cerulean Legacy" which is set for 2011. There are certainly more things to come from that artist with such an impressive pace of publishing and he has already started writing material for his 5th studio album. More and more guests appear on the recordings, too.

Here`s what I`ve written, don`t know if it`s any good but hope it`ll be at least helpful.

So I`ve contacted with him and was even able to listen to all four of his albums as he provided mp3s to check out ;)

I don`t know about the further procedure for submission, but the discography can be found here: http://generator.pl/x_C_Sz2.html?S2=WYKONAWCA&ESID2=5711330

Edited by petersen88 - February 21 2011 at 11:48
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2011 at 11:59
Originally posted by harmonium.ro harmonium.ro wrote:

The suggestion was approved for addition, do you want to help by writing a biography or the artist?

Sure, since it`s hard to find more on his beginnings, inspirations etc. I`ve contacted the artist on his fb suggesting that he provides some info himself or gives me the source. I`ll wait to see if he replies or try to gather information on my own.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2011 at 10:34
The suggestion was approved for addition, do you want to help by writing a biography or the artist?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2011 at 09:20
Good suggestion, I'll notify the Electronic Prog team. 
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2011 at 06:34
Przemysław Rudź actually, but I had some problems with coding in topic

This new polish artist would fit progressive electronic IMO. Some portals have already described the genre of his music as progressive electronic/berlin school.

His album "Cosmological Tales" (probably his debut) from 2010 is definitely progressive electronic and polish Wikipedia provides also info that two other recordings from 2010 exist: "Summa Technologiae" which is an instrumental interpretation to Stanislaw Lem`s (polish most-famous Sci-Fi writer) book of the same title and "Self-replicating Intelligent Spawn" but I`m not sure if any of them can be counted as progressive.

On his myspace http://www.myspace.com/pmrudz/ there are several tracks to find (most of them quite long but some are more ambient) and "Cosmological Tales" album is represented here by "Disputable Future".

Besides music Mr. Rudź is quite an renessaince man - he is known as promoter for astronomy and overall science, gives lectures etc., also published some books

Edited by petersen88 - February 15 2011 at 06:36
 Post Reply Post Reply