Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Krautrock Space

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 64>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
The Wrinkler View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Wrinkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Krautrock Space
    Posted: February 24 2011 at 15:35
Hello all,
I don't know if there is a Krautrock appreciation thread, and I tried to search for one, but did not see any. This is the Krautrock Space. This is where all krautrock things are talked about, mini album reviews, videos, and appreciation. I'll try to keep this thread alive and going with some videos, and maybe some of my thoughts on albums. Feel free to join in and comment on stuff you like or dislike. So dim the lights, set the volume to 8, and float into space. Hope you find something cool.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Wrinkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2011 at 15:38
To start this thread off, lets blast off into space with...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QLL2j8ZtxE

In this video, we get to see a dancing Damo, a shirtless Holger, and the legendary Jaki on drums. The keyboard is so cool, simple and fast, and some sweet guitar shredding. Damo dancing! LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Wrinkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2011 at 15:39
Oh and how do I post links to the page? Or upload videos to the page? I think it would be easier for the people.
Bonnek View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonnek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2011 at 15:54
Hi Andrew, good idea, i'll try to pop in regularly
when you post a video, click on the arrow first to get the full text editor; then the filmstrip icon and paste in the youtube url. like this!

Paravion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paravion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2011 at 16:48
Dies Irae - The Trip. What a video! 
I don't know where the track is from. According to my immediate memory, it's not featured on this, the only album I know by them (First, 1971)
Very recommended stoney hard rock. 

At the not so trippy, but very political,  end of the kraut spectrum is Floh de Cologne. Their debut "Fliessbandbaby's Beat-show " (1970) is a particular favorite of the genre. 
This bizzare video features a track from their second album "Rock-Oper Profitgeier" and is called "die Luft gehört denen, die sie atmen." The air belongs to those who breath (it)

Edited by Paravion - February 24 2011 at 17:08
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2011 at 16:55
Originally posted by Bonnek Bonnek wrote:

Hi Andrew, good idea, i'll try to pop in regularly
when you post a video, click on the arrow first to get the full text editor; then the filmstrip icon and paste in the youtube url. like this!

Wow, Karl. This is my VERY FIRST Krautrock video ... I've been immersed into this and got a Can Freak.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Wrinkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2011 at 17:17
Since we're on a name basis, Karl! I would like to thank you for your help with posting videos! And thanks to all for supporting! 
zravkapt View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zravkapt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2011 at 17:55
How about the song "Krautrock" from Faust!

LinusW View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LinusW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2011 at 17:58
Originally posted by zravkapt zravkapt wrote:

How about the song "Krautrock" from Faust!

Mmmmm yes, I really like that one.
Bonnek View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonnek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 03:43

I plead guilty for ignoring Faust too much, only got 3 albums, need to put some time in that band.

Und yetzt, Mani und zwei Freunde!

And one of my favs in their early years, Amon Düül II

Bonnek View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonnek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 04:08

And a little tribute to some young German punks Tongue

Edited by Bonnek - February 25 2011 at 04:08
Ijon Tichy View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ijon Tichy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 15:34
Thanks for bringing up this page! As a small boy, who rather should have been in bed than out on the streets, I attended my first concert ever in the Quartier Latin, Berlin, listening to an astounding band coming up on stage with the words: Wir heissen KRAAN und fangen jetzt AAN!
thellama73 View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thellama73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 16:08
EN are so great. What other band actually include a guy digging a hole as part of their music?
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 18:02
Hi,

(removed ... incorrect)

Edited by moshkito - March 03 2011 at 13:09
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 18:14

Krautrock Rules!

Seriously love it and I have to post this as a starting point for alL those who are not initiated...

Forgive my indulgence but thats how I operate at the best of times... and the worst...

to end my fave Kraftwerk!!!!! - Buy this DVD (minimum Maximum)

Edited by AtomicCrimsonRush - February 25 2011 at 18:26
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 18:15
aagh! what happened!!!
edit: FIXED

Edited by AtomicCrimsonRush - February 25 2011 at 18:28
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 18:35
Had to post this - so clinical, cold and futuristic

KW4EVER

harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 18:52

Wink
thellama73 View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thellama73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 19:56
I just bought Cluster 71, which I don't know if this site considers Krautrock, but I do. It is incredibly good.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Wrinkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2011 at 16:07
Thank you AtomicCrimsonRush! Was going to put up the Krautrock documentary but was having problems loading videos onto the page Disapprove. But yes, for those that want to know a little more about Krautrock, and some history behind the scene, I highly recommend that Krautrock Documentary!

The Trip video was really a trip...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 64>