Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Krautrock Space

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 64>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2013 at 10:52
Strange to see how the french people have always be passionate by the avant garde in rock and in jazz too. Kevin ayers was the first to say that.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2013 at 11:11
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

Strange to see how the french people have always be passionate by the avant garde in rock and in jazz too. Kevin ayers was the first to say that.

I think that goes way back with your country Pierre. Music has always been cared for and nutured in France - in all of its facets.

Edited by Guldbamsen - March 02 2013 at 11:11
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2013 at 12:01
True. For me that's where the modern music begins :

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2013 at 12:17
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

True. For me that's where the modern music begins :

Just beautifulHeart

I actually stopped the Dungen album I was listening to, so I could hear it, I'm glad I did. BTW Do yoy know Dungen Pierre? I just remember you agreeing with me in regards to modern production values, and this band's albums all sound like they were made in 1970. They got that warm and vibrant live in the studio feell to them. They've got heart and a soul of their own: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HcmOht2O9A
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2013 at 12:47
Great David; that's very cool. The melodies are nice.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2013 at 03:44
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2013 at 18:01
What a killa dissonance. My fave! Head on wall
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2013 at 18:36
Smile  
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2013 at 12:45

Half prog / half kraut, but very good.
Gebärväterli - Im Tal der Emmen. 1978 Brutkasten.

Despite the artist and title sounding like some sort of alpine cheese, Gebarvaterli is anything but cheesy. Technically would fit in the large Kraut fusion school of the late 1970s, but this album won't remind you of Kraan, Embryo, Missus Beastly, etc... In fact, there are parts here that recall the great Tortilla Flat (especially in the rhythms and flute solo sections). And when the trombone gets featured, I'm reminded of Nanu Urwerk, another square-peg-in-a-round hole German fusion band. While it's not perfect throughout (sometimes it's pure jazz - fine - but not ideal for me anyway), this is one of the best new-for-me obscurities I've heard in 2009. Well worth the time to hear. Would love to see Garden of Delights or Long Hair put this platter out on CD. (CD Reissue Wish List)
Fox On The Rocks View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fox On The Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2013 at 23:58
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/70/TonyConradFaust_AlbumCover_DreamSyndicate.jpg

So I listened to this for the first time today. I don't really what to think. Any fans?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2013 at 11:44
I love that album Foxy

- Douglas Adams
Fox On The Rocks View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fox On The Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2013 at 19:57
I thought it was really interesting - don't usually listen to that kind of stuff. Pretty weird stuff, even for Faust. Smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2013 at 04:30
Reissue of this fantasticand comic  album. Not really kraut but ....

dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2013 at 14:53
I'm sure they have already been mentioned but I really like these guys.............Cool
Agitation Free from 2nd 

One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2013 at 06:02
^You and me bothApprove
It's got a Grateful Dead kind of vibe to it, that I really dig. 
They bring that with em during gigs, and you can definitely pick that up if you have any of their live releases.

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2013 at 06:08
If any of you guys out there doubt whether the Krautrock scene merely was a German thang, then you should definitely check out this cut by Swedish Älgarnas Trädgård. 
This one may just have the coolest start to a track ever! A small toy musical box setting this hefty Amon Düülish monster of a track off. 
Quite aptly named Takeoff:

- Douglas Adams
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2013 at 07:25
Great stuff David Clap
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2013 at 08:20
That was a nifty intro. And the wobbly little synth line in the main theme is pretty bitchen too.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2013 at 18:23
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

^You and me bothApprove
It's got a Grateful Dead kind of vibe to it, that I really dig. 
They bring that with em during gigs, and you can definitely pick that up if you have any of their live releases.
The ones that a free from agitation actually take the elements which I love dearly in The Grateful Dead to another level Thumbs Up.........
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2013 at 10:32
I know that you're gonna say : "That duck is crazySmoke ", but I hear hints of Kraut in that James Brown's song.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 64>