Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Krautrock Space

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 64>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2014 at 07:53
Ha, all good, Dave, I seem to have trouble with remembering to breath in/out, right foot/left foot and repeat most days these days!

I know you've been in a bit of the wars lately, hope you're on the mend!

Also, you're something of an Archives whore, like to spread yourself around, so some threads are bound to be neglected here and there for a little while!

It's a pretty good album, `Vortex', kind of unexpected too! If you come across it, well worth snapping up!
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2014 at 07:57
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

I just reviewed that `Vortex' album from 1981, and I can safely say that's it's probably one of their most consistent albums after `Vive le Trance'. It's still quite song based, but each of the 8 pieces have nice moments of the old Duul magic. Renate sounds terrific on it, far stronger a vocalist that she's probably given credit for.

Tom, do you have this one on LP? If not, have you ever come across it? `Vortex' is definitely some of the best 2 dollars I've ever spent!

Dave, what do you think of this piece from it:

*Very nice ADII tune*

That was really nice! Sounds like they went to France for some inspiration with the male gibberish vocals sounding pretty close to Magma, as well as that ending saxomophone that reminds me of Didier Malherbe.

...and sorry for being so late with my reply. I'm so distracted these days. I often forget where I've posted..........and to think this is the Krautrock SpaceShockedOuch 

Btw let me repay you back for that ADII track (Vortex is a keeper the next time I come across it) with one from one of the most frequented "Krautrock" (it's from the US, but the feel and sound is definitely there) albums of my collection:

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2014 at 07:59
Damn...I ninja'd myself and you in the process!!!LOL

Sorry about that my friendEmbarrassed Had a wee problem with the quoting thing before and decided to delete my post and do it again from scratch.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2014 at 08:02
Funny how the text gets all scrambled up when I'm copy-pasting from other posts. Happens every time. Looks like the font decides to change as well as the line spacing imploding.

- Douglas Adams
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 12:33
I know that one David and I like it. If you're in a crazy mood, I suggest this one. Personally I never could listen to it till the end. 

Nihilist Spasm Band - No Record

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ERTEtZB8Iw
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 12:38
Oh I have it PierreLOL
Completely insane record!

- Douglas Adams
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 13:08
Why does that not surprise me ? Wink
LearsFool View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LearsFool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 13:13
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

I know that one David and I like it. If you're in a crazy mood, I suggest this one. Personally I never could listen to it till the end. 

Nihilist Spasm Band - No Record

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ERTEtZB8Iw

Listening to that one now. Never thought I'd ever hear anything crazier than this:

... But I'm loving being proven wrong. Thumbs Up
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 13:28
HAhah the ol Cromagnon eh?
Wonderful madness!

- Douglas Adams
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 13:35
I like the Nihilist Spasm Band too, but I think their 2nd album (forgot the title, but it has "No Canada" and "Stupidity" on it) is more to my liking than the one above.

Here's a neat live performance that seems to be professionally shot (maybe for TV?), recorded in 1982.  I think they're still hacking away at their instruments today.  I would love to be in a band like this.  No rehearsing, no learning songs, just show up and start wailing.

My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2014 at 02:51
Thanks Steve Thumbs Up Listenning to Stupidity right now. Great Big smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ66AzWlPXE
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2014 at 15:15
Try some Weed
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2014 at 15:22
Originally posted by timothy leary timothy leary wrote:

Try some Weed

They could have at least used real weed in the picture instead of using someone's salad.Big smile
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2014 at 15:24
Ken Hensley singing. You telling me weed does not look like that?
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2015 at 07:06
Just want to let you know that German Garden Of Delights label have reissued some recordings from the band Panko, only available until yet due to a sought after cassette production.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7aXnbZ3XOtE/VIYlNfT3RoI/AAAAAAAAGr0/1iJY8-lpN9c/s1600/Panko%2BMusik.jpg

two bonus tracks are given, which are new to me. Their music is quite unique, partially strange, typical vintage Krautrock with a jazzy note - close to XHol (Caravan) maybe, though not that raw and rough over the course ... will update my (five years old) review soon ...

Edited by Rivertree - January 02 2015 at 07:20

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2015 at 07:50
Great news. Thanks man. Thumbs Up This one has been reissued too. Most Jazz rock with a touch of kraut. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wopSbxcrIo
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2015 at 08:31
Originally posted by timothy leary timothy leary wrote:

Ken Hensley singing. You telling me weed does not look like that?

Not if the show "Cops" has any credibility. I mean egg noodles are usually not found in weed. Maybe in Britain perhaps.Wink
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2015 at 08:33
It does kind of look like a pasta dish one could only make while on weed.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2015 at 08:52
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

Great news. Thanks man. Thumbs Up This one has been reissued too. Most Jazz rock with a touch of kraut.

this ... Smile great jazz fusion album, though the band is misplaced in Krautrock here IMHO

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2015 at 05:50

POPOL VUH - KAILASH : Soon reissued

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5z562mlLS4

http://cdreissuewishlist.blogspot.fr/

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 64>