Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Krautrock Space

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 64>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cloudstr View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cloudstr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2015 at 06:30
Absolutely mind blowing, especially for fan of Neu!

Edited by cloudstr - January 16 2015 at 06:32
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2015 at 07:45
Very very good Thumbs Up
bloodnarfer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bloodnarfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2015 at 15:54
Hmmm... no matter how many times I try, the last 25 minutes of Cottonwoodhill make me want to stab myself in the eye.  Can anyone explain why this is THE definitive Brainticket album?  The repetitive 3 second organ loop and various recordings of teeth brushing and spitting drive me bonkers!  I much prefer Celestial Ocean and Psychonaut.
Carcharodon View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carcharodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2015 at 16:46
Early krautrock...from France

Lard Free
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRzvpmKFU5I

Cheval Fou
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTuWs1GFKyE

Edited by Carcharodon - March 03 2015 at 16:53
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2015 at 20:42
Originally posted by bloodnarfer bloodnarfer wrote:

Hmmm... no matter how many times I try, the last 25 minutes of Cottonwoodhill make me want to stab myself in the eye.  Can anyone explain why this is THE definitive Brainticket album?  The repetitive 3 second organ loop and various recordings of teeth brushing and spitting drive me bonkers!  I much prefer Celestial Ocean and Psychonaut.

I know what you mean, I've been coming back to this album for years, at first I couldn't stand it but slowly I grew to appreciate it until it finally clicked. I still think they could have spiced it a little more but it's ok as it is, I do prefer Psychonaut or Celestial Ocean over it.
qenlogel View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qenlogel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2015 at 22:33
an newly born albanian krautrock :p 

the Tirana based band tajçido just released their first album https://soundcloud.com/tajcido/tracks

Edited by qenlogel - May 24 2015 at 22:36
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2015 at 05:25
Originally posted by Sagichim Sagichim wrote:

Originally posted by bloodnarfer bloodnarfer wrote:

I know what you mean, I've been coming back to this album for years, at first I couldn't stand it but slowly I grew to appreciate it until it finally clicked. I still think they could have spiced it a little more but it's ok as it is, I do prefer Psychonaut or Celestial Ocean over it.

agree with bloodnarfer - could not detect my personal interface to the title track yet ...

Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2015 at 05:37
Originally posted by qenlogel qenlogel wrote:

an newly born albanian krautrock :p 

the Tirana based band tajçido just released their first album https://soundcloud.com/tajcido/tracks

interesting Thumbs Up  there's some krautish hypnotic feel indeed ...

Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2015 at 11:20
This thread needs a powerful jolt of electricity. Good thing the following Embryo tune delivers such in spades and shovels:

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2015 at 11:36
The "Area" track of Embryo Big smile
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2015 at 11:46
Some more electricity
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2015 at 12:36
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

The "Area" track of Embryo Big smile

You know what - I've actually never thought about it like that....but now that you say it; hell yes! Very Areaesque. Maybe that's why I love it soSmile

Oh and nice Manuel clip monsieur Leary....although it reminds me of his most recent tour that I somehow missedOuch

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Svetonio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2015 at 04:41
Die Blonde Fand das großartig (N - 1 Live im Weltkunstzimmer zu Düsseldorf)

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2015 at 13:47

Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

Back to Duul for now : I listened to Yeti last night.....
Well, I bought my UA copy, with textured gatefold sleeve, around 1990, a beautiful example, for a measly 8 Aussie dollars. Anyway, their improvs on record 2 are outstanding. I mean, every member just telepathically locked in with one another, a total excercise in listening to each other, knowing what's going to happen next and anticipating who will do what. Probably all on acid, all on the same wavelength, producing nothing less than a true MASTERPIECE.
I simply worship Yeti.

YETI, is, for me, and by very far, one of the very best "improvisations" I have ever head. The next one, happens to be the same group and is on Dance of the Lemmings, the MM thing is totally awesome.

I don't think, that it is necessarily about drugs, since, after all in "Phallus Dei" I really believe they made fun of the culture in the commune before they became AD2. (Get stoned, dance and then have a party!). But, if one can use suggestions from theater exercises (and AD2 had theater and film with them, just like CAN also did), it is possible that they had a very well "guided" improvisation, that was less about the notes and the chords, than it was about a visual or auditory concept and idea that someone had. This is not difficult to do with music, but it is something that musicians don't like to do, specially when they are married to the top ten board, and funny ideas that music has to have this and that instead.

I also think that it is demeaning to their music intelligence that they would have to be ripped to do that. I do not believe this, at least, from exercises I did on stage with actors, on rehearsals, which focused on psychic contend and attention ... it was not hard to do, but can be difficult if folks are not willing to participate.

Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2015 at 15:28
A nice surprise to wake up to this morning, perhaps even an early Christmas present!

Electric Orange have dropped a fun `interlude' album called `Nein! HITS à gogo - Golden Recordings'

The band describe it as:

"This is not the new Electric Orange album - it's the perfect album for your next party! Call it music for swinging dancers or non stop dancing album. Or in other words - it sounds like Amon Düül II and Can are jamming together with Supermax and James Last.

Do not worry, be aware you will recognize the typical psychedelic sound of Electric Orange.

"NEIN! Hits a edition gogo... Golden Recordings" will be available only on vinyl and appears in a limited edition of 500 copies:

https://electricorange.bandcamp.com/album/nein-hits-gogo-golden-recordings

Sounds great from streaming the album on that page, a nice mix of Kraut, psych, electronic, dirtier improvisations and outright weirdness!

Santa and Jebus just came early, baby!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2015 at 15:34
I particularly liked the Ducktango.

Afficher limage dorigine
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Svetonio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2015 at 07:18
Quote Emerging from the vibrant Japanese psych explosion that has recently birthed Kikagaku Moyo (with whom they share a house) and Sundays & Cybele, Minami Deutsch formed in 2014 and quickly went to work on this their debut album. Minami Deutsch pull you along in the wake of their pulsating, futurist Krautrock as cyclical crystalline guitars ride along on the crest of a locked modular tantric groove. Minami Deutsch embody the ‘Endless Straight’ motorik of Neu!, La Dusseldorf and Harmonia, yet feel very part of the here and now

Favourite track: Futsu Ni Ikirenai

Rymdmaud View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rymdmaud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2016 at 09:14
Lamagaia - Lamagaius

Swedish band with kraut and space rock influences. Released on 12" in 2015:

DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2016 at 05:07
Magical Mind (1975) - SCARECREW

Has anybody mentioned about SCARECREW?

An awesome obscurity indeed. Heart
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2016 at 09:26
Very very very good.Thumbs Up Thanks buddy Clap

Afficher limage dorigine
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 64>