Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Krautrock Space

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 64>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2016 at 01:32
Hug

AG A.M. ... another obscure gem from Germany

Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2016 at 04:08
^I really like that one KeishiroSmile

Resurrecting the Krautrock Space? Why indeed. There's loads of fun to be had in the bushes with music like this:

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
2dogs View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2dogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2016 at 01:09
I've explored a lot of prog rock since joining this site, but still come back to Krautrock as my favourite genre, it has so much atmosphere and experimental ideas. When I don't know which album to listen to I just work through them by alphabetical order of album title - yesterday I was working from home and listened to "D" (the TD album is The Deutschlandhalle Performance that came as a second CD with Atem rather than Atem itself).
2dogs View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2dogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2016 at 07:43
The one glaring gap in my collection has just been filled, and very nicely too - I'm looking forward to Vol. 2 arriving as I had to order the CDs separately from different sellers Thumbs Up.

andreol263 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andreol263 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2016 at 07:46

GREAT obscure gem.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2016 at 08:00
First of all - very nice haul. Quite a few faves of mine included in your cd pile

Originally posted by 2dogs 2dogs wrote:

The one glaring gap in my collection has just been filled, and very nicely too - I'm looking forward to Vol. 2 arriving as I had to order the CDs separately from different sellers Thumbs Up.

Vol 2? Are you sure you're not referencing the Body Love soundtrack?
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2016 at 08:11
Originally posted by andreol263 andreol263 wrote:

GREAT obscure gem.

It is indeed pretty good...but for my tastes not among the best of the faux 90s Krautrock releases from the Pyramid label. Rather prefer Golem and Pyramid - the latter containing one 33 min psych epic that sounds like Floyd on a mushroom trip during the Saucerful of Secrets era.

- Douglas Adams
2dogs View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2dogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2016 at 09:16
I know what you mean with Body Love 2 but some of the copies of X available have been as separate CDs with the first four tracks on Vol 1 and the remaining two tracks on Vol 2.
2dogs View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2dogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2016 at 09:20
I have that Golem album but generally listen to http://www.krautrock-world.com/Radio/playing.php for post 1970s music in the Krautrock style rather than buying the CDs.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2016 at 02:56

I know what you mean with Body Love 2 but some of the copies of X available have been as separate CDs with the first four tracks on Vol 1 and the remaining two tracks on Vol 2.
I had no idea. I own an old beat down double LP of X, which in recent years finally has received the love it deserves. I may just have overdosed on the "coffee trilogy" (Blackdance, Picture Music, Timewind) and in the process neglecting quite a few gems of his. I still think Blackdance and Picture Music are his best albums (also happens to be his most Krautrock sounding releases imo), but then again you really can't go wrong with 70s Klaus. 

Edited by Guldbamsen - June 20 2016 at 02:58

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2016 at 03:38

I have that Golem album but generally listen to http://www.krautrock-world.com/Radio/playing.php for post 1970s music in the Krautrock style rather than buying the CDs.

Thanks for the tipThumbs Up

As for recent music in the Krautrock style have you checked out Electric Orange? Their album from last year simply called Vol 10 is the single greatest thing Krautrock has seen since Herbert F Bairy's Traumspiel from 79.
The following tune is perhaps not the best off it, but it still conveys the feel of the thing perfectly. 

- Douglas Adams
2dogs View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2dogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2016 at 00:49
Electric Orange appear regularly on Krautrock World, along with groups like Litmus, First Band From Outer Space, Sula Bassana and Cosmic Ground - all mixed in with classic krautrock and other prog rock old and new. We have a "Pure" internet radio which looks like a regular radio but the only stations it lists are the ones you've chosen from their web site Big smile.
2dogs View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2dogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2016 at 01:01
Just had a listen to Suite Beef all the way through on headphones, it's very pleasant and good to know there's all this music available in addition to 70s krautrock should I want to massively expand my collection Cool.

Edited by 2dogs - June 23 2016 at 01:02
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andreol263 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2016 at 19:28
It's a very good experimental album, but it's VERY scary, never listen on dark.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2016 at 23:46
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

I had no idea. I own an old beat down double LP of X, which in recent years finally has received the love it deserves. I may just have overdosed on the "coffee trilogy" (Blackdance, Picture Music, Timewind) and in the process neglecting quite a few gems of his. I still think Blackdance and Picture Music are his best albums (also happens to be his most Krautrock sounding releases imo), but then again you really can't go wrong with 70s Klaus. 

I wonder if so much of the confusion, came from the special editions, that had alternative versions of a lot of stuff with different names on them, and in some cases, on CD reissues, some of these things, ended up being released, with them, and it made for the CD's much more valuable than the LP's in my book. But I'm not sure that Klaus' extra stuff goes all the way back to CYBORG and BLACKDANCE or TIMEWIND days, though, but it sure is possible, though I think many people might find it boring, and not as interesting as later stuff.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
2dogs View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2dogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2016 at 00:21
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

I wonder if so much of the confusion, came from the special editions, that had alternative versions of a lot of stuff with different names on them, and in some cases, on CD reissues, some of these things, ended up being released, with them, and it made for the CD's much more valuable than the LP's in my book. But I'm not sure that Klaus' extra stuff goes all the way back to CYBORG and BLACKDANCE or TIMEWIND days, though, but it sure is possible, though I think many people might find it boring, and not as interesting as later stuff.

The CD I have of Timewind contains bonus tracks from the same time but Cyborg comes with a live track from 1977 which someone other than Klaus thought was a nice ending after the previously harsh sounds. I like Cyborg as it was though, it's wonderfully alien and shows just how brilliant Klaus was at making interesting music with what little equipment he had at his disposal.

X Vol 2 (i.e. the original disc 2 with tracks 5 & 6) arrived and was very nice on first listen, atmospheric and ambient with orchestral sounds reminiscent of the start of Irrlicht. I thought at one point it included a guest appearance by Conrad Schnitzler but it turned out to be someone a little way down the street cutting wood with a power saw Wink.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andreol263 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2016 at 06:52
An beautiful ultra-obscure gem:
Air - Teilweise Kake... Aber Stereo
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2016 at 05:08
Shameless plug for Herbert F Bairy's masterpiece 'Traumspiel' as it finally has been uploaded to JooToob:

One of the many cases of albums being a couple of years late to the party. Had this been released in 71 my guess is that most Krautrock aficionados would be talking about it today.

- Douglas Adams
2dogs View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2dogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2016 at 09:48
I've listened to Epitaph for Venus all the way through on YouTube - found it's ambient spaciness very pleasing but all this fake business is confusing, I like to know when I'm safely back in the 70s Ermm.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andreol263 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2016 at 10:00
Another really good gem:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 64>