Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Krautrock Space

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 64>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2012 at 09:43
Talking about Kraut, Jazz and electronic, David you must know the SUPERSISTER's 1972 album. I love it.
Heart

HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2012 at 10:00
^^ That is a good one, just discovered that a couple of years ago.  Thumbs Up
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2012 at 13:15
Hell I love just about everything Supersister put out. Even that last one called Spiral Staircase which has received such a bad rep. Nonsense I say!

But I'll give you that Pierre, Judy goes on Holiday actually sounds very close to some of the Kraut bands from around that time. Especially that buzzing synth makes me think GermanyLOL

Just got both of the Et Cetera albums through the door - WUUUHHUU!!!! Funny, because I got them onto the site after some YouTube surfing a good while ago. I think John is the only one who has reviewed them as of yet. Steve, this band should be right up your alley as well.

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2012 at 13:45
^^ Groovy stuff, man.  Coryell and Hiseman were both part of that?

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2012 at 18:10
^^ Fantastic. Dramatic, hypnotic psychedelic flavour-filled bluesy rock and mellow, brilliant improvised session. Shocked
The Wrinkler View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Wrinkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2012 at 02:11
Man never heard anything from Et Cetera. I heard your samples before work, and was itching to come home to listen to Yin again. Smoke
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2012 at 09:46
Hey you guys. Really chuffed that others out there are appreciating this band, and yep Steve both of those are indeed on this record. Sounds rather preposterous to have them on a Krautrock release, but my guess is that they both were very enamored by the chance to play with German jazz guru Wolfgang Dauner. What he did towards the end of the sixties within the jazz mould made ripples all across the world it would seem.

I highly recommend the debut as well which additionally incorporates Indian instrumentation. Eclectic stuff to say the least
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2012 at 10:28
I heard Amop Düül 2's 2009 album "Bee as such" (yes, Bee) for the first time yesterday and was very impressed, especially by the 26 minute improvisation "Psychedelic Suite"

Edited by BaldJean - June 09 2012 at 10:33

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2012 at 15:11
^Thanks for the reminder.
I just reviewed it, and I do honestly think that most fans of ADll would adore it. Either way, it finally got mentioned on the frontpage. Only took 3 yearsLOL

I have been on a Krautrock kick lately, and I have soooooo many albums that I want to review, but I have no idea where to start... One record I am really digging is this one:

- Douglas Adams
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2012 at 15:51
Thanks people for the reminder that Amon Duul II actually have a fairly new release out.
That GAM album is groovy man..GAM is to Krautrock as soccer balls are to soccer. LOL  Man that's deep.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 10:11
You should have been an avant-guarde poet JohnLOL Splicing music together with famous sports - like Genesis and the shot put or King Crimson and the wonderful eccentricities of synchronized swimming....

- Douglas Adams
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 10:23
I had no idea there were any Amon Duul albums since Nada Moonshine#.  Huh.

-Kehlog Albran
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 10:48
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

You should have been an avant-guarde poet JohnLOL Splicing music together with famous sports - like Genesis and the shot put or King Crimson and the wonderful eccentricities of synchronized swimming....

...or Tangerine Dream and tennis. Right ? Go Denmark !!

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 10:54
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

That's because "Bee As Such" is only available from the homepage of Amon Düül 2. Here a link:
http://www.amonduul.de/

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 11:00

Yeah they sort have flown under the radar. I'm not sure if they are even selling them through any distributers, at least their latest doesn't seem to be for sale on any sites i can find.

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 11:01
Originally posted by BaldFriede BaldFriede wrote:

That's because "Bee As Such" is only available from the homepage of Amon Düül 2. Here a link:

Thanks, i guess i was writing while you were posting.Wink

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 11:47
Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

Originally posted by BaldFriede BaldFriede wrote:

Thanks, i guess i was writing while you were posting.Wink
Thanks Friede, John.  I'm definitely looking into this.  Checked out the website.

-Kehlog Albran
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 13:06

I used to be a tennis player back during Nam. Been a while....

Denmark????? Argh don't get me started.....Dead

Listening to some ZU now - to blow off some steam. NOT a Krautrock album thoughLOL

- Douglas Adams
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 13:35

I used to be a tennis player back during Nam. Been a while....

Denmark????? Argh don't get me started.....Dead

Listening to some ZU now - to blow off some steam. NOT a Krautrock album thoughLOL

I just saw the scoreConfused, i'll watch the highlights tonight. I'm surprised at 5 goals being scored though.
Yeah i don't think Krautrock albums were really created with the view of blowing off steam.LOL

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 13:39

I used to be a tennis player back during Nam.

(*lights cigar, goes into Robert Duvall impression*)

Ahhh....I love the smell of tennis balls in the morning....

Edited by HolyMoly - June 13 2012 at 13:40

-Kehlog Albran
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 64>