Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Krautrock Space

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 64>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2012 at 10:19
Find a Kraut feeling in the Gabor Szabo' Bacchanal album. (1968)

The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2012 at 13:05
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

More and more samples :
Wow! Ordering this when I get my tax money, hopefully tomorrow. Listening to the samples also makes me want to put a Can album on right now. OK, Tago Mago it is!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2012 at 14:26

"Moonshake" on FUTURE DAYS was a red carpet for the Talking Heads. This one too.

HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2012 at 15:10
Was just listening to some old Chrome today and it reminded me of what it might sound like if early Can and Hawkwind got together to make a punk album.  Note how the song totally changes into something else after the 1:40 mark.

My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2012 at 03:57
One of my fav Faust song : Laüft... Heißt Das es Laüft Oder es Kommt Bald... Laüft
I'm not afraid to waste my time anymore ...
The Wrinkler View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Wrinkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2012 at 01:12

Found this song in the Progarchives Krautrock page today. Smile
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2012 at 18:59
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

One of my fav Faust song : Laüft... Heißt Das es Laüft Oder es Kommt Bald... Laüft
I'm not afraid to waste my time anymore ...

Thumbs Up
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltyJon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2012 at 19:10
My Lost Tapes boxset finally got here today...had to wait for the other album I ordered to be ready to ship as well.  Going to start listening to it in just a bit!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2012 at 06:29
SENSATIONS' FIX : PORTABLE MADNESS

For sure the most Kraut of all the 70's RPI albums Heart

DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2012 at 18:13
^ Fantastic dark infernal psychedelia! Shocked
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2012 at 02:45
Glad you like it Smile  The whole disc is great. A CD exists inside the box : Italia Progressive Vol 1. The remastering is excellent.
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2012 at 06:22
I'm getting my "Fix" right now and digging it!

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2012 at 07:45
Here is their second album, from 1974 too. Some english vocals in this one .... and more light.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2012 at 11:28
CAN, My Lostapes : first conclusions : Good and less good. I like Millionenspiel, Your firendly .., Pigeon Suite, A swan is born, the loop, Midnight men, Messer .. and Alice. Some new sounds and ideas in these ones, even for the eclectic Can. Heart
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2012 at 05:49
Pierre: I am so thrilled that you dig Sensations' FixClap I love that band!!! Falsini is a true guru - I also have his Cold Nose which is brilliant as well.

Reviving this thread a bit. Anybody out there fans of the original Amon Düül? I've ordered a couple of their albums and am eagerly awaiting for their arrivalBig smile
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2012 at 06:30
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Reviving this thread a bit. Anybody out there fans of the original Amon Düül? I've ordered a couple of their albums and am eagerly awaiting for their arrivalBig smile
I wrote an Amon Duul (all the diff variations) feature for Expose' back in the 90s, and the editor sent me all the albums I didn't already have.... on cassette (this was before CDRs).  My cassette deck recently broke, but I managed to transfer some of them to CD before it broke, and I managed to buy some on CD, and some I still only have on cassette.  I honestly find it hard to tell a lot of the early Amon Duul things apart, but when I'm in the mood to hear them, it doesn't really matter anyway -- it's just a long cool lo-fi acid jam.  Paradieswarts Duul is the only one that really stands out as different, being more acoustic and more thought-out.  I think "Sandoz in the Rain" from ADII's "Yeti" album was recorded in a similar fashion (as kind of an Amon Duul "reunion" song).

Which ones have you ordered, David?

Edited by HolyMoly - July 10 2012 at 06:31

-Kehlog Albran
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2012 at 06:47
I am waiting for Psychedelic Underground and Paradieswärts Düül. 

I love the fact that you got cassettes with Amon DüülCool

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Eetu Pellonpaa View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eetu Pellonpaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2012 at 07:08
^ Along "Paradieswärts Düül" I liked their "Collapsing / Singvögel Rückwärts & co" album, which I would recommend. Smile
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2012 at 07:13
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

I am waiting for Psychedelic Underground and Paradieswärts Düül. 

I love the fact that you got cassettes with Amon DüülCool

Yeah, he would send cassettes and a bunch of typed pages with all the album info on them.  Things were rough in the pre-internet days.

BTW, I was just looking online for any reference to that Amon Duul piece I did (slim chance, but I was curious), and found this PA thread from 2006 (now locked), mentioning me and my colleagues at Expose' (and kind of making fun of us too LOL)

-Kehlog Albran
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2012 at 17:21
Paradieswarts Duul is great
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 64>