Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New Phideaux album "Snowtorch" (+ Where to buy)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew Phideaux album "Snowtorch" (+ Where to buy)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2011 at 04:27
Originally posted by ferg ferg wrote:

Just exchanged e-mails with Phideaux about getting a hard copy on CD. Only an additional $5 postage to Liverpool, England which is exceptionally reasonable!

You may also be interested to hear that I asked him whether there were any plans to release any of the Phideaux catalogue on vinyl. Those of you who, like me ,  prefer to have a slab of wax over a CD or a download will be pleased to hear that they plan to release Snowtorch on vinyl. To quote the great man:

"We will ultimately be doing a vinyl catalogue upgrade over the next 2 years beginning with Doomsday/The Great Leap (as a 3 LP set because each album fits on 3 sides)

After that, Number Seven

From this point forward we are eager to release our albums on Vinyl as well as CD."

I did also suggest maybe partnering with k-scope/burning shed who knock out some cracking vinyl LPs for the likes of Porcupine Tree, Blackfield, Anathema (and shortly Marillion - Marbles being hopefully the first of many). There was some suggestion that burning shed may not be interested in them - if so, more fool them!

Anyone fancy joining me in petitioning burning shed?

Yes. As a matter of fact, I think Phideaux will be something for Mad Fish, the new Snapper-label of which K-Scope is also a part. Mad Fish has Pendragon on it, and seems to want the go in to the more 'symphonic' part of progrock.
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2011 at 04:38
That's great! Doomsday is IMO the best prog album of the decade.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12