Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPhideaux Remix ???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phideaux Remix ???
    Posted: March 23 2011 at 13:50
One of my music-"dealers" has a special offer:
http://www.justforkicks.de/detail.asp?sid=3231402M84N175N33N82&uid=0&id=10663&lid=1

Somebody out there who can tell about this remix ? Better quality, bonus tracks... and/or other highlights ?

Phideaux View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2011 at 19:54
We remastered the album and SLIGHTLY remixed it.  I believe it sounds much better, but the difference is SLIGHT.  We have offered to replace discs if folks send us their old one with a self addressed envelope.  And we also allow for a download of the .wav files (which are full CD resolution) so you can hear the difference and to burn a copy for yourself.  Email me or private message me here for the details if you didn't hear about it when we made the remaster.

It's just better quality.  We learned some good production techniques after the album came out and since we had sold out the first run we took the opportunity to upgrade the sound, but wanted to be very upfront about this change and therefore tried to let folks know about the free downloads and disc swap.

CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2011 at 21:24
Originally posted by Phideaux Phideaux wrote:

We remastered the album and SLIGHTLY remixed it.  I believe it sounds much better, but the difference is SLIGHT.  We have offered to replace discs if folks send us their old one with a self addressed envelope.  And we also allow for a download of the .wav files (which are full CD resolution) so you can hear the difference and to burn a copy for yourself.  Email me or private message me here for the details if you didn't hear about it when we made the remaster.

It's just better quality.  We learned some good production techniques after the album came out and since we had sold out the first run we took the opportunity to upgrade the sound, but wanted to be very upfront about this change and therefore tried to let folks know about the free downloads and disc swap.

I have the first version and I am completelly satisfied with it. Listening to the new version on your bandcamp, I couldn't find considerable differences, except that the songs are now mostly put together, what somehow improves the album flow.

I may wait some years and sell the version that I have for some millions. LOL

I would also like to use this opportunity to congratulate you, Mr. Xavier. Your new album is a killer! Clap I can't stop listening it in your bandcamp. I am still, however, awaiting for the conclusion of the trilogy.

Take the time you need! The result on snowtorch proved that you can do great things with the due time! Clap

Edited by CCVP - March 23 2011 at 21:27
 Post Reply Post Reply