Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The New Neal Morse Appreciation Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 394041
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2014 at 12:26

Kaleidoscope is a 3 star album for me, and StarStarStar is good in my book! The Whirlwind is a 3.5 star and The Raven is for sure a StarStarStarStarStar+ in my book, a masterpiece. This one is in my Top 10 all time progressive albums.

The more I spin Spocks Beard new album the more I like it.....fav song so far is Something Very Strange

geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2014 at 01:32
as you say lots of people sayin` what a great album the new one by SB is. I`ll have to added it too the to buy list............
geekfreak progressive rock MUSIC for a world on AUTO-PILOT
Crumple View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crumple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2014 at 09:28
So Neal is back in action this fall with the new Flying Colors album and the short tour.

I wish I could go...I would travel from NY to Philly for the show near me but I can't make it that night. Oh well.

Apparently the new FC album is more proggy. I liked the first one just fine but a move towards more prog would be cool also.
Crumple View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crumple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2014 at 09:29
Oh and Portnoy tweeted that a new Morse solo is coming out next year (not the current soft acoustic one, a proper prog album) and I believe a tour.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2014 at 13:19
ok what do you think about the new album, SFN...   
AlanB View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2014 at 11:42
If you mean the new Flying Colors, I think it's great. Even better than the first one (and I loved that). My favourite tracks are the last three, particularly Cosmic Symphony which gives me goose bumps towards the end.

The Neal Morse album "Songs From November" I also really like even though it's not a prog album. He writes some very memorable tunes.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2014 at 00:49
ooh good I`ve enjoyed most of NM album even the none prog once tooLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 394041
  Share Topic