Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The New Neal Morse Appreciation Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 45>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2014 at 12:26

Kaleidoscope is a 3 star album for me, and StarStarStar is good in my book! The Whirlwind is a 3.5 star and The Raven is for sure a StarStarStarStarStar+ in my book, a masterpiece. This one is in my Top 10 all time progressive albums.

The more I spin Spocks Beard new album the more I like it.....fav song so far is Something Very Strange
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2014 at 01:32
as you say lots of people sayin` what a great album the new one by SB is. I`ll have to added it too the to buy list............
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Crumple View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crumple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2014 at 09:28
So Neal is back in action this fall with the new Flying Colors album and the short tour.

I wish I could go...I would travel from NY to Philly for the show near me but I can't make it that night. Oh well.

Apparently the new FC album is more proggy. I liked the first one just fine but a move towards more prog would be cool also.
Crumple View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crumple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2014 at 09:29
Oh and Portnoy tweeted that a new Morse solo is coming out next year (not the current soft acoustic one, a proper prog album) and I believe a tour.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2014 at 13:19
ok what do you think about the new album, SFN...   

Music Is Live

<
AlanB View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2014 at 11:42
If you mean the new Flying Colors, I think it's great. Even better than the first one (and I loved that). My favourite tracks are the last three, particularly Cosmic Symphony which gives me goose bumps towards the end.

The Neal Morse album "Songs From November" I also really like even though it's not a prog album. He writes some very memorable tunes.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2014 at 00:49
ooh good I`ve enjoyed most of NM album even the none prog once tooLOL

Music Is Live

<
AlanB View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2015 at 02:28
The new Neal Morse Band album was up on Youtube yesterday but it's now been pulled after Radiant Records found out. I managed to listen to it last night and I must say on first hearing it sounds pretty good.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2015 at 14:00
yeah its pretty good...

Music Is Live

<
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2016 at 06:51
What are the thoughts of his fans on The Similitude of a Dream?
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2016 at 07:13
^I got it for Christmas and have only listened to the entire 2 CD album twice, but I thought it was very good.  Comparable in energy and emotion to his first 4 prog solo efforts. Thumbs Up
martinprog77 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martinprog77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2017 at 21:08
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

IMO is the best album since snow
Nothing can last
there are no second chances.
Never give a day away.
Always live for today.

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2017 at 21:19

Have not heard one note from that release.........Let me know if you get it Scott and your thoughts.
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2017 at 13:44

It's one of his better albums, I think. Not as good as One, which is my favorite, but for me probably on a level equal to any of his other albums. The Making-Of DVD is pretty cool on this one, describing lots of tension and drama between the members, how they resolved it, and how it ultimately made it an even better album. I love the inclusion of lots of vocalists, too. I think Gillette and Hubauer add quite a bit. Highly recommended, will definitely make it onto my best of 2016 list.

I'm looking forward to seeing them perform in San Francisco in a few weeks! Thumbs Up
"I have seen the broken sky turn blue."

My Gnosis Ratings

geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2017 at 03:48
underrated musicians imho since he`s use of his faith...which as the effect of someone off!   

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2017 at 00:03
hmmm starting point of unable to function we a hi-fi refusing to play ball isn't a joyous but and absolute royal pain in the ???? to tell the truth d`oh hahahahahaha once I`ve changed the needle, clean the cd player and had a dozen coffees lol show time! starting with SB The Light then wow wee heavenly 

Music Is Live

<
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2017 at 09:31
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Have not heard one note from that release.........Let me know if you get it Scott and your thoughts.

So I ordered the 3-LP (5-sides technically), side 6 is etched. And I have to say it is probably one of the better albums. The music is really good and even though I think it could have been 4 sides, it still plays very well. The mix for vinyl is just OK, could have been better but Neal and Metal Blade are not ones for paying too much attention to sound quality, Rich Mouser does a decent job.

The packaging is really top notch, especially with the gatefold and all.

Edited by Catcher10 - June 26 2017 at 09:33
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2017 at 09:34
Originally posted by geekfreak geekfreak wrote:

hmmm starting point of unable to function we a hi-fi refusing to play ball isn't a joyous but and absolute royal pain in the ???? to tell the truth d`oh hahahahahaha once I`ve changed the needle, clean the cd player and had a dozen coffees lol show time! starting with SB The Light then wow wee heavenly 

You should re-write this post.......I am sure there is a message in there somewhere! LOL
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2017 at 13:44
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Originally posted by geekfreak geekfreak wrote:

You should re-write this post.......I am sure there is a message in there somewhere! LOL

yes its my hi-fi needs to be repairing LOL 

Music Is Live

<
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2017 at 05:21
See my review....Great music - can I have an instrumental version please.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 45>