Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The New Neal Morse Appreciation Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 42434445>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2019 at 08:47
Originally posted by AlanB AlanB wrote:

Originally posted by miamiscot miamiscot wrote:

Neal has said in an interview that Transatlantic is planning on getting together at the end of the year to start work on LP5!!! I hope this is correct!!!

He's certainly very busy if that's the case. I understand the third Flying Colors album is in progress too.

Indeed it is!!! That album will mark the 20th with Morse and Portnoy together.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2019 at 15:35
New Transatlantic would be great.......new Flying Colors album mehhh.
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2019 at 08:19
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

New Transatlantic would be great.......new Flying Colors album mehhh.

The second one was better than the debut so here's hoping they continue getting more progressive.
AlanB View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AlanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2019 at 14:14
Someone has put the new Neal Morse album (Jesus Christ The Exorcist) on YouTube a month before the CD is released. It sounds great. Check it out before it gets pulled.....

dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2019 at 16:05
Pretty new to the forums around here but I love Neal Morse and I'm working through his discography

My top 5 would have to be

1: V
2: Snow (Live)
3: Solo Scriptura
4: The Whirlwind
5: Bridge Across Forever

Only listened to Similitude once but im sure it'll move up on repeated listens. Going to listen to question mark and one soon.
AlanB View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2019 at 01:11
Originally posted by dougmcauliffe dougmcauliffe wrote:

Pretty new to the forums around here but I love Neal Morse and I'm working through his discography

Only listened to Similitude once but im sure it'll move up on repeated listens. Going to listen to question mark and one soon.

Question Mark is one of my favourites, along with Sola Scriptura. Have you heard the Morsefest 2015 CD/DVD set which includes full performances of both albums? It's worth buying even though it costs over £30. Both albums have been improved from a strong base in the live setting.
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2019 at 14:38

My Top Five looks something like this:

1: Sola Scriptura
2: Question Mark
3: Bridge Across Forever
4: The Similitude Of A Dream
5: The Kindness Of Strangers
Friday13th View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friday13th Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2019 at 19:16
Been on a Neal kick myself after hearing Jesus Christ.

My Top 10 Neal studio albums:
1. Sola Scriptura
2. Question Mark
3. One
4. V
5. Bridge Across Forever
6. SMPTE
7. Testimony
8. Similitude of a Dream
9. The Light
10. Momentum

Yeah, definitely get the Morsefest 2015 CD/DVD, being that includes my favorite Neal Morse albums in their entirety! Another killer live experience is the Transatlantic Whirld Tour 2010, which basically has all the Transatlantic you need.

miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2019 at 08:44
Originally posted by Friday13th Friday13th wrote:

Been on a Neal kick myself after hearing Jesus Christ.

My Top 10 Neal studio albums:
1. Sola Scriptura
2. Question Mark
3. One
4. V
5. Bridge Across Forever
6. SMPTE
7. Testimony
8. Similitude of a Dream
9. The Light
10. Momentum

Yeah, definitely get the Morsefest 2015 CD/DVD, being that includes my favorite Neal Morse albums in their entirety! Another killer live experience is the Transatlantic Whirld Tour 2010, which basically has all the Transatlantic you need.

If you include live albums - The Whirlwind Live is ridiculously good.
Epics. Nothing but epics!!!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2019 at 19:54
FYI: Radiant Records has had an insane sale the past couple days

just got The Whirld tour 3 CD live album and Testimony 2 Boxset for 3$. That's not typo 3$. I would hop on the offer while you can
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2019 at 22:00

just got The Whirld tour 3 CD live album and Testimony 2 Boxset for 3$. That's not typo 3$. I would hop on the offer while you can

Sale was 4th and 5th. I am not a big Morse fan, but I stumbled on the sale yesterday and bought a couple of Transatlantic albums at good prices ($4.99 for Bridge Across Forever and $3.99 for 3 disc special edition of Kaleidoscope) and Similtude of a Dream (with DVD, $3.99).

Edited by mathman0806 - July 06 2019 at 22:01
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2019 at 22:09
Originally posted by mathman0806 mathman0806 wrote:

Sale was 4th and 5th. I am not a big Morse fan, but I stumbled on the sale yesterday and bought a couple of Transatlantic albums at good prices ($4.99 for Bridge Across Forever and $3.99 for 3 disc special edition of Kaleidoscope) and Similtude of a Dream (with DVD, $3.99).

Ah, a lot of the good stuff was gone by the time I got word but still pretty satisfied
AlanB View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2019 at 14:34
Jesus Christ The Exorcist has been out for around 3 weeks now and my review is still the only one on this site. I'm surprised there aren't more by now.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2019 at 15:49
I am actually just listening to it for the first time today in the car meaning in bits and pieces.  I've enjoyed what I've heard so far, but know that I need to sit down and listen with the book open in order to follow/understand the storyline better. 
AlanB View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2019 at 02:09
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

I am actually just listening to it for the first time today in the car meaning in bits and pieces.  I've enjoyed what I've heard so far, but know that I need to sit down and listen with the book open in order to follow/understand the storyline better. 

I presume you mean the lyric booklet, not the Bible? LOL
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2019 at 16:14

Originally posted by mathman0806 mathman0806 wrote:

Ah, a lot of the good stuff was gone by the time I got word but still pretty satisfied

It was a good one! I filled in a couple gaps in the Radiant catalog too. 
"I have seen the broken sky turn blue."

My Gnosis Ratings

miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2019 at 10:23
Still trying to love Jesus Christ The Exorcist but it's just not doing for me! The songs are good but I tire of Ted's voice after a while.

It' better than I first thought but it's still a disappointment for me...
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2020 at 10:06
Originally posted by miamiscot miamiscot wrote:

Still trying to love Jesus Christ The Exorcist but it's just not doing for me! The songs are good but I tire of Ted's voice after a while.

It' better than I first thought but it's still a disappointment for me...

Totally agreed with you still not loving it Cry
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2020 at 22:02
Still hoping for new Transatlantic, all other Neal Morse projects I'm not interested in.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2020 at 23:43
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Still hoping for new Transatlantic, all other Neal Morse projects I'm not interested in.

Yes a new album would be awesome my I ask you why you don`t rate Neal`s other projects!
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 42434445>