FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew Symphony X Double Album 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2011 at 14:28
Yes sir!

Hell even I was about to get the single edition, why pay extra for worthless crap? It took my bro showing me what the band said that convinced me to buy the double, was only a little more anyway.
darkshade View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2011 at 14:31
Right, and it's not like the double is the first disc with a bonus disc. The tracklisting is different for the double album, meaning that it's a full double album (and concept album which I only found out about today)
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2011 at 15:15
Indeed.
And I didn't know it was a concept album! Though I kinda guessed there was a central theme with the whole "mechanical" style artwork and the songs like Dehumanize (which is epic) b*****ds of the Machine, Electric Messiah. All that jazz LOL

Earendil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2011 at 19:06
I can't imagine my record store having this, so I'll get it from Amazon, but it says it isn't released til the 21st...

I hope it's good and not like Kamelot's last album which was advertised as "Heavy as f***" and "their best yet" but replaced all creativity with the old "angry" mood. It seems like when bands decide to make an album heavier, it just sounds the same.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2011 at 19:52
Yeah mine is awesome they never hold things until the official release date.
Well that's for you to decide, I'd say definitively Iconoclast is still Symph X without doubt, so it is "more" metal but as I'm sure you will, actually listen to it and don't just go with what you hear LOL

I was a little freaked out when they signed to Nuclear Blast and starting to make it more "big" but still an awesome album!
Earendil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2011 at 22:23
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

Well that's for you to decide, I'd say definitively Iconoclast is still Symph X without doubt, so it is "more" metal but as I'm sure you will, actually listen to it and don't just go with what you hear LOL

I was a little freaked out when they signed to Nuclear Blast and starting to make it more "big" but still an awesome album!

Yeah.  From what I've heard, it's like Paradise Lost but even heavier, and it's gotten good reviews so I'm looking forward to it.

I would imagine they have quite a bit of creative control though otherwise they wouldn't have signed.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2011 at 22:33
Originally posted by Eärendil Eärendil wrote:

Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

Yeah.  From what I've heard, it's like Paradise Lost but even heavier, and it's gotten good reviews so I'm looking forward to it.

I would imagine they have quite a bit of creative control though otherwise they wouldn't have signed.

Indeed. Like I said, progression. Imagine Paradise Lost but more so, yet still their sound.
It is less progressive than ever, it's more subtle instead of outright but epic nonetheless.

Probably, but still what hardcore fan can't be a bit worried upon hearing the band is changing to new, big time label?LOL

Edited by JJLehto - June 18 2011 at 22:34
JS19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2011 at 07:29
It's the first album I've properly reviewed. I think it's great. Simple as that.
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2011 at 13:08
Should be getting it in the post tomorrow, I've heard about three tracks from it already (when I saw them live in MarchTongue) so I  know it will be good.
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Mushroom Sword View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2011 at 15:34
Is it just me or does the mask collage on the artwork extremely similar to that of 10,000 Days?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12