Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Kayo Dot -"Stained Glass"Vinyl Pressing + Giveaway
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKayo Dot -"Stained Glass"Vinyl Pressing + Giveaway

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kayo Dot -"Stained Glass"Vinyl Pressing + Giveaway
    Posted: April 11 2011 at 06:53
An exciting piece of news from the folks over at Antithetic Records:

Stained Glass Preorder Giveaway

Just a quick update before the weekend.  I've decided to do an awesome giveaway for all those who preorder the upcoming Kayo Dot - Stained Glass vinyl.  There will be two prizes total, a grand prize and runner up.  Every preorder of the vinyl will count as an entry into the drawing.  There will be two colors for this pressing, so if you are a collector and like to get both colors, you will get two entries!  Everyone's name will be entered into Random.org for the selected winners.  Here are the prizes: 

Grand Prize:
-The ORIGINAL cover art, signed by Toby Driver 
-One test pressing of the album

Runner Up:
-One test pressing of the album

So get ready everyone, this may be your one and only chance to get your hands on an original piece of Toby Driver's artwork.  More details such as preorder launch date and photos of the actual piece will be posted in the coming weeks. 

Some pretty awesome news, especially when it's a 500 copies only pressing

Also, here are the details of the vinyl pressing for those who may've missed it:

Quote Things have been quiet around here for a couple weeks, but they're heating up quickly.  Now that Kayo Dot have returned from their European tour, the Stained Glass vinyl is getting our full attention.  A few ideas were being tossed around between myself and Toby, and we've confirmed w/ Hydra Head that these details will be included in the 12" LP release:
-500 copies on 180 gram vinyl, 2 or 3 colorways (colors and pressing numbers TBD)
-Full color jacket printed on reverse board
-Insert on uncoated stock w/ lyrics and album details
-11x17 full color poster on 100# uncoated text with additional artwork by Toby exclusive to this release
-B side will contain a super stripped down remix featuring the track as it was originally composed, as a rhodes-vibes-guitar trio.  Remix is exclusive to this release.

I couldn't be happier about being a part of this awesome release.  Both Kayo Dot and Hydra Head are very excited as well.  There are a few important details to work out before going into production, but it won't be long.

Should be good Antithetic did a fantastic job on the Part The Second vinyl, and I'm sure this will live up to their already great reputation.
I'll update/bump this thread/post as any more details are available, or as the preorder becomes available.

Equality 7-2521 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2011 at 07:42
I wish I had the money for both. I would like to be a collector. I'd totally do a fanboi, mancrush, faint if I won. 
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
Anderson III View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2011 at 13:04
I would love to hear the stripped version. Not that I think it could top the finished version, but it sounds very interesting. I won't buy a record player for it, though... Maybe some day.
"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent" - Victor Hugo
Pekka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2011 at 13:29
f**k, no money.
NecronCommander View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog Metal Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2011 at 14:57
I'll definitely be preordering this one.
papashawn View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2011 at 15:33
Hey guys!  You beat me to the punch once again, I was just coming over here to post about the upcoming Stained Glass vinyl and found this post.  Glad to see the word is being spread, thanks for that!  Some good news, Toby was in the studio finalizing the master audio for the remix TODAY.  So, both tracks should be remastered in the very near future, and will then be sent off to get test pressings made.  Also, Toby has been working on the updated artwork, which I should be receiving any day now as well.  Really looking forward to seeing it for the first time.  The nice thing is, everyone that orders the vinyl is getting a poster w/ the new art, so even if you don't win the original, you'll still have something cool to hang on your wall!  Big smile

I'll keep you posted on progress.  Check our facebook or twitter pages for the most up to date info.  Thanks again for your support guys!!

One more side note.  Greg Massi has been in touch w/ me about possibly releasing the new Baliset concept album next year.  I've heard a few demos so far and they are GOOD!

Edited by papashawn - April 14 2011 at 15:47
Any Colour You Like View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2011 at 15:35
Do kind of want.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog Metal Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2011 at 16:03
Shawn, you rock.  Any exact date can we expect for the preorders to go live?
papashawn View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2011 at 16:05
Originally posted by NecronCommander NecronCommander wrote:

Thanks man!  Its a little too early to tell right now.  Once the test pressings are approved by us and Hydra Head, I'll pick a date and let everyone know when the pre-order will be live.  Last time I kind of just posted it as soon as Toby made his comments on last.fm and his website.  I'll be a little more organized about it this time around.  $12 for a chance at a Toby Driver original isn't bad huh?

Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2011 at 16:17
This is whetting my appetite. What about shipping to NZ?
papashawn View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2011 at 16:21
Originally posted by Any Colour You Like Any Colour You Like wrote:

First Class International shipping on this one (assuming you are buying only Stained Glass) will be in the neighborhood of $14.  I know its steep, but its all based solely on weight.  Its the cheapest option out there for international orders. 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog Metal Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2011 at 16:24
Originally posted by papashawn papashawn wrote:

Originally posted by NecronCommander NecronCommander wrote:

Thanks man!  Its a little too early to tell right now.  Once the test pressings are approved by us and Hydra Head, I'll pick a date and let everyone know when the pre-order will be live.  Last time I kind of just posted it as soon as Toby made his comments on last.fm and his website.  I'll be a little more organized about it this time around.  $12 for a chance at a Toby Driver original isn't bad huh?

Okay, that's perfect, I just wanted to make sure that you hadn't sold all the preorders already because they're listed as out of stock on the website.  Thanks.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2011 at 16:25
Originally posted by papashawn papashawn wrote:

Originally posted by Any Colour You Like Any Colour You Like wrote:

First Class International shipping on this one (assuming you are buying only Stained Glass) will be in the neighborhood of $14.  I know its steep, but its all based solely on weight.  Its the cheapest option out there for international orders. 

I'm used to shipping costs being high... which is why whenever I order from Europe/USA I usually do so in bulk.
papashawn View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2011 at 21:41
Well I'm going to be posting a lot of records from my own collection in the store shortly, and if you don't have Part the Second yet, it will be on sale for $15 through the Stained Glass preorder.  There may be some stuff you're interested in.  If you see something and you'd like to order it along w/ Stained Glass, shoot me an email or PM. 

Edited by papashawn - April 14 2011 at 21:41
papashawn View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2011 at 13:33
If you haven't seen it yet, here's a draft of the poster that will be included with the vinyl for Stained Glass:

http://twitpic.com/4wiveq

Pretty awesome, if you ask me!  Toby is a fantastic artist.

Edited by papashawn - May 12 2011 at 13:35
papashawn View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2011 at 09:56
Received the original artwork in the mail from Toby yesterday.  Its only the stained glass portion, not the flames.  This was done on 8.5x11 black paper.  I'll take a picture of it soon to post.  Artwork templates need a little tweak tonight and then everything should be approved by tomorrow or wednesday, then all the packaging will be release for production.  Can't wait!  Also, test pressings should be being pressed very soon, stampers arrived at the plant recently.
papashawn View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2011 at 10:22
Hey everyone.  The preorder for the Stained Glass vinyl is now live!  We've also got maudlin of the Well's Part the Second on sale for only $15, and several other goodies in the store.

http://antitheticrecords.storenvy.com/
Equality 7-2521 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2011 at 18:05
Awesome. This means I will have mine ordered in about 2 minutes.
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
papashawn View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2011 at 10:18
If you haven't already seen it, there is an interview w/ me over at LURKERS PATH, and at the end of the article there is another chance to win a free test pressing of Stained Glass:
http://www.lurkerspath.com/2011/06/26/antithetic-records-interview-kayo-dot-competition/
papashawn View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2011 at 09:05
We're down to less than 20 copies in the Black/100 Hand Numbered edition. Also, these should be in stock and shipping in the next two weeks. 

http://antitheticrecords.storenvy.com/products/58000-kayo-dot-stained-glass-12-ep
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>